Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2214304 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Hey everyone! So yeah, I did the music thing too, and in a few minutes you'll get to hear part of the result of that. In the meanst, I'll probably record some music. And Lolfail, keep at it, we believe in you. :3

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Makes me glad I didn't agree to any of that.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Makes me glad I didn't agree to any of that.

Why not Splint?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Honestly? Because people can hear me through my wall and I don't have a good mic for that.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

So, is there a specific song(s) I should to sing or should I just play Tic-Tac-Toe with iTunes shuffle?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

So, is there a specific song(s) I should to sing or should I just play Tic-Tac-Toe with iTunes shuffle?

The Gary Jules version of "Mad World", unless you can pull off the Tears for Fears version, in which case both. The comparison comes in that song. Besides that, whatever the heck you'd like to share with your favourite folks!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah. I highly doubt I'll be able to do that song justice, but it truly is a gorgeous song.

Maybe I'll do a couple of faster ones as well. Maybe Creeping In My Soul, or the remix of Bad Apple.

E: Not doing Bad Apple, not after listening to the playback of Creeping In My Soul and cacking myself to pieces.

E2: Hoo, boy...

(I don't know if they're playable in-browser)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:08:58 am by Lolfail0009 »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

[quote author=Lolfail0009 link=topic=102730.msg5264417#msg5264417 date=1399614202

E: Not doing Bad Apple, not after listening to the playback of Creeping In My Soul and cacking myself to pieces.
[/quote]

Ppspsh. I doubt you did any worse than me.

Introduction WARNING! MUCH LOUDER THAN THE REST OF MY RECORDINGS.

Mad World ( Though heck if you can actually hear me. )
Everybody Wants to Rule the World ( One of my best! )
Eight Melodies, Take One
Eight Melodies, Take Two
German Rap Fail Another fail to upload, making a Double failure.
Heart-Shaped Box A failure in lyric recall.
Here It Goes Again! Both the Song and the Recording Problems!
Knocking on Heaven's Door
Lullaby I Made Up
Somebody That I Used to Know Did not upload, will have to try again later
Silent Night
Stille Nacht
Sweet, Sweet Spirit

Keep in mind, I was recording with a pair of broken headphones and the default Windows recording software, which has no great love for me, as can be told to what it did to my rendition of "Knocking on Heaven's Door". ( And to a lesser extent everything I recorded. ) Still... I uploaded everything I did. Even the bad stuff.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Ah. I highly doubt I'll be able to do that song justice, but it truly is a gorgeous song.

Maybe I'll do a couple of faster ones as well. Maybe Creeping In My Soul, or the remix of Bad Apple.

Listened to Mad World... the pitch sounded really off to me on a lot of notes. I have a lot of problems with that as well, though, and I don't know how to fix it; I'm just noting it down in case you aren't aware (I know firsthand that it's possible to think one's singing something perfectly until listening to the song carefully and realising that, oh shit, I was doing it all wrong).

Also, you were very thin and quiet throughout most of it. There were a couple points where you momentarily got louder and stronger, but it seemed to me that you were scared to put any amount of power behind it (nothing really to support this, just a frog's intuition). Something my drama instructor told me when we were discussing projection was to imagine the entire area around you as belonging to you, and to try to 'fill it up' with your voice. (Of course, if you're in a situation where being too loud can have legit consequences I guess there's nothing really for it.)

And yes, you're very right, that song was a little too high for me, and I could barely hit some of the higher notes of some of the songs I sang. Sad thing is, I tend to prefer listening to higher-pitched songs... which means I wind up with songs I can't easily sing. :\ it's all I had on my mp3 player, for the most part.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a baritone, in which 95% of songs written for your gender are either intended for tenors and thus too high or intended for basses and thus too low.

McClellan, you ninja'd me, so I haven't listened to you yet.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Listened to Mad World... the pitch sounded really off to me on a lot of notes. I have a lot of problems with that as well, though, and I don't know how to fix it; I'm just noting it down in case you aren't aware (I know firsthand that it's possible to think one's singing something perfectly until listening to the song carefully and realising that, oh shit, I was doing it all wrong).

Also, you were very thin and quiet throughout most of it. There were a couple points where you momentarily got louder and stronger, but it seemed to me that you were scared to put any amount of power behind it (nothing really to support this, just a frog's intuition). Something my drama instructor told me when we were discussing projection was to imagine the entire area around you as belonging to you, and to try to 'fill it up' with your voice. (Of course, if you're in a situation where being too loud can have legit consequences I guess there's nothing really for it.)

Yeahh... I'm one of ten people in a University dormitory and I wasn't sure if anyone else was home to chastise me for being loud again. (Like they can talk, getting drunk and yelling every night... Being underage does have fringe benefits, I guess.)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Lolfail:

Fair enough.

Aaand here's me attempting Mad World. (The shoobity-doobity bit at the beginning is just me warming up.) I flubbed more than a few notes and even when singing it in a lower octave I still struggled with some of the higher notes (I really need to learn to hit those better; I don't think I was ever meant to produce high notes in general, but most of it is nevertheless lack of skill).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Lolfail was very flat for most of the song, I just didn't wanna be ass and say so.

@Lolfail:

Fair enough.

Aaand here's me attempting Mad World. (The shoobity-doobity bit at the beginning is just me warming up.) I flubbed more than a few notes and even when singing it in a lower octave I still struggled with some of the higher notes (I really need to learn to hit those better; I don't think I was ever meant to produce high notes in general, but most of it is nevertheless lack of skill).
Wow. You have a really nice bass voice. :D Also, I too cracked on some of the high notes. What'd you think of mine?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lolfail was very flat for most of the song, I just didn't wanna be ass and say so.

Haha, I know I was flat. I can use my voice musically, just not lyrically.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Lolfail:

Fair enough.

Wow. You have a really nice bass voice. :D Also, I too cracked on some of the high notes. What'd you think of mine?

Mad World: The recording quality was shit, so it's a teensy bit hard to say, but I must grudgingly admit you have a nice enough voice. (Please understand that in the weird fantasy world I inhabit, I am The Guy With The Cool Voice, and do not take kindly to having my throne challenged.) Flubbed a few notes (although hahaha like I'm one to talk), and you do indeed sound screechy on some of the high notes. It was in kind of an odd key, though it still sounded okay for the most part (a few parts still sounded off-key to me).

Eight Melodies (1st attempt): I listened to like 5 seconds of this and couldn't take it anymore. You were singing waaaaaay too high, bro >>;
(2nd attempt): Still too high, I think. The lower notes sounded nice enough. It sounded like you were having problems with tone consistency/control (you randomly got really nasally on one note, and it sounded like you were having a bit of trouble controlling your pitch in general), but the recording was awful so I can't say for sure.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World: Setting it to the actual song was a bad idea :V  It made you sound much worse in comparison. It didn't help that either you or the recording kept getting quieter and louder at random, yet the song stayed the same volume throughout.

Fuck. Your voice is also pretty deep :V  Fuck you for making me not be special anymore :p

E:

I'd like to think that any fretting over being an ass became completely-pointless the moment I decided to involve myself in this project. Heh.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:03:47 am by Mr Frog »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

@Lolfail:

Fair enough.

Mad World: The recording quality was shit, so it's a teensy bit hard to say, but I must grudgingly admit you have a nice enough voice. (Please understand that in the weird fantasy world I inhabit, I am The Guy With The Cool Voice, and do not take kindly to having my throne challenged.) Flubbed a few notes (although hahaha like I'm one to talk), and you do indeed sound screechy on some of the high notes. It was in kind of an odd key, though it still sounded okay for the most part (a few parts still sounded off-key to me).

Eight Melodies (1st attempt): I listened to like 5 seconds of this and couldn't take it anymore. You were singing waaaaaay too high, bro >>;
(2nd attempt): Still too high, I think. The lower notes sounded nice enough. It sounded like you were having problems with tone consistency/control (you randomly got really nasally on one note, and it sounded like you were having a bit of trouble controlling your pitch in general), but the recording was awful so I can't say for sure.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World: Setting it to the actual song was a bad idea :V  It made you sound much worse in comparison. It didn't help that either you or the recording kept getting quieter and louder at random, yet the song stayed the same volume throughout.

Fuck. Your voice is also pretty deep :V  Fuck you for making me not be special anymore :p

Again: Recording with a broken headphone. The recording quality was guaranteed to fail. A distance of half a centimeter = about 10 dB difference.

I was having tone control problems. It happens whenever I try to sing songs written to high for me when my voice will tolerate high notes until it's just like NOPE and goes aaaaa-creak, croak uuhhh-ah-uhhh. Plus it doesn't help that I'm having really bad allergy issues.

ALSO. I was listening to the actual song through headphones! I don't even know how it ended up in my recording! My two best guesses are some kind of weird feedback or I accidentally left on the "record from speaker" function.

Sorry 'bout that, but actually you're a bass and I'm a baritone. Talvien is surprisingly a tenor. ( And a fine one at that! ) If you sing much lower you'll dip into contrabass and when we get in my friend Ckisocoa we'll have a full ensemble!

(( In case anyone's curious the scale is: earthquake, contrabass, bass, baritone, tenor, alto, mezzosoprano, soprano, inhuman wailing, theremin music, mosquitoes ))
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 815