Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083370 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3825 on: February 28, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »

It looks just like that, yes.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3826 on: February 28, 2016, 06:40:28 pm »

ALL OF A SUDDEN IT WORKS YES WOOHOO THNX FOR UR HELP EVERYONE

EDIT: It still has the same error, but it pretends to work. Hrumph.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:43:38 pm by jwoodward48df »
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3827 on: February 28, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

So where do I find the files once git's finished updating the init submodule?

Edit: Nvm, it handily went to the spot I wanted it to!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:58:06 pm by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3828 on: February 28, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »

I HATE THE BUGS

Spoiler: CMakeError.log (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: February 28, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »

You need ServicePack 1 for visual studio 2010
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23691

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: February 28, 2016, 08:30:18 pm »

Seriously, print out the compile doc and READ and complete each line, then check it off.  You will save yourself and more importantly others time.  I am helping, its called tough love. its meant to embarrass you so you actually go read every line of available documentation. In future tasks, this will allow you to complete your task vs reading the heading and trying each thing and then getting stuck from not reading the details, such as when you ignored the documentation and did not select the button the set the PATH, and again possibly now with not having SV 2010 SP1.

If you want to get into this thing,(programming/compiling code/ advanced windows use?) You are going to have to learn to follow instructions and thoroughly at that.

If that makes me a troll, I guess I am a troll,but, I like to think I am more of a funky dwarf.

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: February 28, 2016, 08:37:34 pm »

Any news on the 42.06 version?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3832 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15:46 pm »

There is NO DOCUMENTATION REGARDING WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION. I have reinstalled EVERY PROGRAM, making it through the COMPLETE LACK OF UI of many of them, checking off with the readthedocs site as I go.

That was ONE THING. I made it through the sea of prerequisite programs with only one problem, searched through the forums to find a problem not found in the documentation, and it's still not working.
Sigtext!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: February 28, 2016, 09:56:57 pm »

There is NO DOCUMENTATION REGARDING WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION. I have reinstalled EVERY PROGRAM, making it through the COMPLETE LACK OF UI of many of them, checking off with the readthedocs site as I go.

That was ONE THING. I made it through the sea of prerequisite programs with only one problem, searched through the forums to find a problem not found in the documentation, and it's still not working.

CMake isn't the best easiest to use on windows, is that what you are using?

CMake really shines when it has pkg-config to consult.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:10 pm »

DFHack is built with CMake.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:45 am »

Any examples of the output?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:07 am »

I am helping, its called tough love. its meant to embarrass you so you actually go read every line of available documentation.
"Tough love" is bullshit and has been shown to be bullshit. It's mostly promoted by people who either don't actually need to teach anyone anything and by people who don't have enough patience to actually teach people properly. The latter then often complain how awful their students are and wonder why others get along better with them.
Embarrassing someone who is trying to learn something is more likely to turn them away from learning anything at all than causing them to do it more thoroughly.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:34 am »

Still working on create-unit as my busy schedule permits.  The script's method of allocating the nemesis' save_file_id and member_idx depend on a historical figure belonging to a valid civ, whereas DF itself seems perfectly content to bestow names on wild animals in civ -1.

It seems to work just fine if I plug in the previous historical figure's save_file_id and member_idx+1, but from the original code it looks like you would need to allocate a new "save_file" if the current one has 100 elements.

The last few historical figures in that test game had the same save_file_id.  Is it just a running list independent of the civ?  If it is, I can probably reference the save_file_id, member_idx and next_member_idx from any civ, while keeping this unit's civ as -1.

By the way, if an invalid nemesis ends up getting created (with a save_file_id of -1 or something), the game will merrily add a second nemesis to the unit when it earns a name.  This doesn't overwrite the original... the unit ends up with an array of two nemeses.  Is an array of nemeses intended for vampire's assumed identities or something?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: February 29, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »

Any examples of the output?

Nah, can't figure out gramps for crap.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 360