Other Projects > Other Games

SHADOW EMPIRE: Procedural Sci-fi 4x wargame - Kaiju Warning

<< < (2/146) > >>

Majestic7:
Did someone say Emperor of the Fading Suns? That is the best way to summon me and my interest. Though I must admit the ground war was the least interesting aspect in the game, I just appreciated the exploration and the general feel of the world.

Yoink:
I usually suck at this kind of game, but for some reason this one really excites me. I like the sound of the setting a lot more than the usual historical (where I feel like I ought to be doing whatever really happened back then) or galaxy-spanning kinds (I just don't find watching/running an empire on that scale engaging).   

Sixty bucks seems a bit friggin' steep, but then I have some disposable income at the moment that isn't currently ear-marked for anything else.   
Also, I really dig the fact that they give you the option to buy a physical copy, complete with a printed manual. *swoon*   

Majestic7:
Matrix prices their games too high, though. I can't help but think they'd make more money if the games cost 30 bucks, so more people would buy them. Maybe they count on being niche enough that people will buy them no matter the cost. *shrug* It is a shame though - I'm pretty sure Distant Worlds, for example, had been a lot more popular at cheaper price and despite being an excellent game, it was left with a small audience.

dehimos:

--- Quote from: Majestic7 on June 07, 2020, 08:35:29 am ---Matrix prices their games too high, though. I can't help but think they'd make more money if the games cost 30 bucks, so more people would buy them. Maybe they count on being niche enough that people will buy them no matter the cost. *shrug* It is a shame though - I'm pretty sure Distant Worlds, for example, had been a lot more popular at cheaper price and despite being an excellent game, it was left with a small audience.

--- End quote ---

Until tomorrow, you can pay 30.39€ with this:

--- Quote from: Knave on June 06, 2020, 03:45:43 pm ---
https://www.matrixgames.com/game/shadow-empire

currently 20% (UNTIL THE 8TH) with Wargamer20

--- End quote ---

EuchreJack:
Looks interesting, but that price...
Eh, looks like it'll do a good job squashing free time, but I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting 1-2 years for its price to hopefully drop to the $20-30 range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version