Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561818 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #6810 on: November 15, 2016, 08:43:07 pm »

That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: November 15, 2016, 08:47:31 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/iHFG0

Personally didnt get to witness potato moon due to rainstorm.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 6684 lamps and counting
« Reply #6812 on: November 15, 2016, 09:39:49 pm »

Do we really want Keeping up with the Kardashians in the White House? Is that what we want?

IS THIS THE FUTURE WE DESERVE?
Don't worry, Kanye is an obvious raging narcissistic sociopath--There's no way anyone's voting for him seriously!
The only reason he's even relevant is he's a rich celebrity people like to poke fun at!
He's a joke!

I mean, what kind of world would this be if the United States of America actually elected someone as obviously unqualified for the office as him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaaaa.....

Fuck.

One note, because I've seen this bandied around a lot. There are three things which a person must be to be qualified for the U.S. presidency: They must be 35 years of age or older; they must have been a resident of the U.S. for 14 years; and they must be a "natural born Citizen" of the U.S.

Arguing anything else is an explicit endorsement of even further political stratification, which is one of the principle problems with our system. There are similarly broad qualifications for pretty much all national-level elected officials specifically to prevent the creation and maintenance of a political elite (not that it did much good). Campaign finance reform is a thing specifically because we're trying to remove barriers to running for office, so it's rather disconcerting to see people working to pile more up because their candidate didn't win.

The whole notion of a candidate for public office not being "qualified" unless they're an experienced legal professional who came out of an Ivy League university and bear the endorsement of a major party is incredibly poisonous and anti-democratic.

35% of the first 20 U.S. presidents weren't lawyers; two had no significant political experience, and several only served as a U.S. Representative or as the VP of the President before them. Of the most recent 20 U.S. presidents, only 1 was neither a lawyer nor a career politican (though I say that loosely; Hoover was definitely a political animal) until Trump, and all of them were governors, Senators, or both.

Certainly, our public officials need to be informed, they need to be knowledgeable, but trying to pretend that they're supposed to all belong to this in-group of "qualified" elites is bullshit. It's part and parcel of the ongoing effort to stifle independent thought and independent voters.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: November 15, 2016, 10:48:26 pm »

Apparently someone spraypainted the words "WE SELL DRUGS!!!!" on the front of my house this morning in bright purple.
I didn't notice it when I left for work, which could either mean it wasn't there yet, or simply that I was still half-asleep and in a hurry.

One of my housemates went down and painted over it when the neighbour came over and told him. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 6684 lamps and counting
« Reply #6814 on: November 16, 2016, 01:31:49 am »

-snipped before it gets too pyramid-ish-
I do actually agree with you, though. There's saying both Kanye and Trump are unqualified because...I mean, just look at them, and then there's saying you should be part of an elite/be a career politican to be president.

EDIT: To be more specific, what I meant by "unqualified" is "Seems to lack a moral compass, as well as the basic rationality, stress-managing capacity, insight, patience, restraint, level-headedness, and similar principles such a high position requires or should require". Maybe I used the wrong word?
Yeah. Problem is that most words used in English to express that sentiment are synonyms of unqualified. I'd say that they lack gravitas, but there's no point spoiling good references.

Undignified, maybe.

3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: November 16, 2016, 01:49:06 am »

We could just say he's Kanye West.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:21:03 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:32 pm »

I have been saying this, but it's even funnier when SMBC does it.

I did giggle.
Both true, both funny. Both doing better than the political cartoonists having a shit-fit right now, ayy. Haven't checked Tom Tomorrow yet, but he's usually one of the ones who unloads in all directions and is actually funny to begin with, so I'm hopeful.

Man, I miss the Bush years, when leftist cartoonists did something other than "OMG HE'S SO AWFUL LITERALLY HITLER LEAVING FOR CANADA"... though the last still saw circulation, because it always does. That's actually one of the strongest metrics of increased ideological polarization and radicalization I've seen. Let's talk truth for a minute, Dubya will in all likelihood have a far longer-lasting and more poisonous legacy than Trump (and will have done more evil in office), and humorists still spent their time mocking his alcohol-related brain damage speech problems, dimwitted appearance, and ears as much as anything else even when he was literally sanctioning the torture of American citizens and launching wars which replaced Vietnam in the American cultural consciousness as the marker for pointless wastage of blood and treasure.

3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: November 16, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »

Let's talk truth for a minute, Dubya will in all likelihood have a far longer-lasting and more poisonous legacy than Trump (and will have done more evil in office)

I was going to say REMOVE POLITICS but... We shall see.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: November 16, 2016, 05:53:13 pm »

Let's talk truth for a minute, Dubya will in all likelihood have a far longer-lasting and more poisonous legacy than Trump (and will have done more evil in office)

I was going to say REMOVE POLITICS but... We shall see.

Oi, oi, it was a discussion of cartoonists, it fits the thread.  :P

I honestly hope that some of the comedians at least will get over their butthurt and start mocking Trump. The Daily Show succeeded so well not just because of Stewart, but because its prime years were the Bush administration. The next four-to-eight, whatever else may come, are going to produce some incredible material, and it's a shame to see people with such funny writers get caught up in hypocritical moralizing.

pre-e re: TT: Aaaand he's still on-point.

3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6820 on: November 16, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »

That thing sucks

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: November 16, 2016, 06:38:21 pm »

Y'all fuckers just don't get skub, man. It's because you lack my street-level perspective on it. Let me tell you, skub embodies the social and political scene of today, and that's why elitist pricks like you lot look down on it. It's like ugly mofokkas and mirrors.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: November 17, 2016, 02:26:22 pm »

Stupid rhymes are writing themselves in my head and it's amusing me

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a love song
(and so can you!)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: November 18, 2016, 11:33:13 pm »

A band I like apparently just recorded their next album in the dressing room at a strip club. Legendary. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: November 19, 2016, 11:17:57 am »

Cat, you son of a bitch!
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 879