Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562505 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #7065 on: January 19, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »

Not sure why, but mans1ay3r's latest video is taking a lot of crap. I'm finding it pretty damn funny though.

Checking the Play Store for some phone games, something called "Dream Girlfriend" was recommended to me. Don't you think that's a bit on the nose, Google? :P
...Well, how was it?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:13 pm »

The opening screen explained what microtransactions are and told minors (all those ten year olds that play dating sims, yknow) to ask their parents before making in-app purchases. Leave it to fricking Dream Girlfriend to have moral standards about freemium design. ::)

The intro was surprisingly funny. The premise is that your smartphone is a legendary magical smartphone that has a girlfriend in it, who you must raise to become human.

After that it looked like Princess Maker or any sort of girl management sim, except romantically focused. That's when I uninstalled it though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7067 on: January 19, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »

From the LW wiki:

Over the last few decades, new experiments have changed science's picture of the way we think — how we succeed or fail to obtain the truth and achieve our goals. The heuristics and biases program, in cognitive psychology, has exposed dozens of major flaws in human reasoning. Social psychology has learned about how groups succeed or fail. Behavioral economists have measured the way humans decide against models of optimal decision-makers, and discovered that we often decide suboptimally.

Less Wrong is a site for people who want to apply these findings to their own thinking.

This seems like a parody of one of those introductory things to games. Like:

The empire is crumbling. Raiders from the north are terrorizing the villages, and the southern barbarians have conquered a third of our territory. Spies and traitors abound in the capital, whom nobody trusts anymore. And on top of it all, there are space aliens dropping onto our heads.

In the midst of all this chaos, our hero stands, sword in hand.

You know? This just made me laugh - it seemed like a fictional introduction with its dramatic and yet totally serious tone.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: January 19, 2017, 05:37:19 pm »

It probably is. Less Wrong is almost as overrun by trolls as its counterpart Rationalwiki.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: January 20, 2017, 04:19:47 pm »

Still haven't found a phone game, but the store recommended me the sequel to Dream Girlfriend, Dream Boyfriend.

What next? Dream Casual Acquaintance? Dream Friend With Benefits? Dream Cute Girl At Starbucks?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: January 20, 2017, 04:39:13 pm »

Why would you need to have a game for the latter? Just go to a Starbucks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: January 20, 2017, 07:27:04 pm »

Turned on CNN, a huge banner at the bottom of the screen said in bold letters, 'SOON: INAUGURAL BALLS'.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: January 20, 2017, 09:55:15 pm »

Dream Cute Girl At Starbucks?
I'd play that.  *sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: January 21, 2017, 08:39:28 am »

I'd play that.  *sigh*
VA-11 Hall-A except all the characters you interact with are suburban white chicks who want pumpkin spice lattes and businessmen who want something to take the edge off the coke.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: January 21, 2017, 09:10:05 am »

I'd play that.  *sigh*
VA-11 Hall-A except all the characters you interact with are suburban white chicks who want pumpkin spice lattes and businessmen who want something to take the edge off the coke.
Wait, that would make you the titular CGAS, which defeats the point of the whole exercise, right?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: January 21, 2017, 10:25:30 am »

I'd play that.  *sigh*
Wait, that would make you the titular CGAS, which defeats the point of the whole exercise, right?
Yeah, it's a reversal of the usual setup in which you're the love interest who has to deal with a bunch of gormless losers trying to get into your pants at work.

3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: January 21, 2017, 11:15:08 am »

I'd play that.  *sigh*
Yeah, it's a reversal of the usual setup in which you're the love interest who has to deal with a bunch of gormless losers trying to get into your pants at work.
Wait, how is that a reversal? Is the reversal in that there is no pantspace sharing going on whatsoever or what?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: January 21, 2017, 11:19:59 am »

Wait, how is that a reversal? Is the reversal in that there is no pantspace sharing going on whatsoever or what?

It's a reversal in that you're not the gormless loser in the situation.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: January 21, 2017, 11:24:21 am »

It's a reversal in that you're not the gormless loser in the situation.
Ah, okay. So it's a reversal of the everyman/woman harem protagonist trope, not usual harem dynamics, right? Because putting the player in the shoes of one of a bunch of losers competing for the attention of a hot person would be a reversal of those.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: January 21, 2017, 12:39:45 pm »

Yeah, basically. The protagonist is a genuinely attractive, intelligent, desirable person-the exact opposite of the typical audience-insert asshole in haremshit series.

The other way (being one of countless faceless losers trying to hit on someone who doesn't want the attention) would hit too close to home for a lot of people, I think, even if it could potentially offer opportunities to examine those social stereotypes.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 879