Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504162 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3780 on: January 15, 2018, 03:50:45 pm »

My other dream was about space engineers and solving an issue I had with self-repairing components.

The idea worked too.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: January 15, 2018, 03:51:15 pm »

I think it's just that we tend to remember the weird unpleasant dreams, so they get posted here more frequently.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3782 on: January 15, 2018, 04:30:15 pm »

I dreamt that I was in the jungles of Malaysia, not the wild kind - the kind populated by humans. You can tell because it had roads, and it was lovely in the sun, if a little thirst inducing. The particular highlight of this dream happened when my group found an electrified fence, only the fence was not working. Against better judgement we ventured forth and discovered an abandoned military base, that some labels indicated was probably last used in 1984. For a military base it was pretty rudimentary, consisting of a fenced off area and a large garage full of rusted vehicles built out of corrugated iron, now entirely covered in vines and little canopy.

17/01/2018
Up now at 1:00 AM, in and out of sleep doing some work, and had a very meta dream where I was being interrogated for some knowledge my captors believed important. I found it hilarious upon waking up, because the weapon of choice for my captors in this dream - was sleep deprivation
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:33:53 pm by Loud Whispers »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: January 17, 2018, 06:28:30 pm »

In my dream (whose orher content isn:t really that interesting to other people) I saw an asian Game of Thrones bootleg. The thing is, it has ninjas and it’s set in the Shogunate era Japan style setting, but the names are still western.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: January 17, 2018, 07:52:41 pm »

Dreamed I was part of some fight involving building things. I held a vote to restrict the fighting to one floor of our building. I was woken up before it passed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3785 on: January 17, 2018, 09:14:11 pm »

My other dream was about space engineers and solving an issue I had with self-repairing components.

The idea worked too.
whoa, be careful though, you don't want to infest your dreamscape with a spreading wave of components. make sure there's a strict dream-logic limit on their duplication. dream safety first!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: January 19, 2018, 02:23:17 am »

Ive been having semi-regular dreams where ive been sent back to highschool or even earlier levels to complete classes i failed in or get my diploma (i dropped out and got a GED) instead of or alongside of college classes. Im always an adult, but im being treated like a child and frequently as if im special-needs. And of course students are leary of me and think i must be retarded/psychologically unstable to have been held back ten years. Often im told i have to pass these classes and get the diplomas or i wont be elligible for employment or advancement in higher educational courses. Its just so miserable and i cant even find motivation to keep up with these simple childrens courses. And i wake up feeling like that too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: January 19, 2018, 03:06:43 am »

Ive been having semi-regular dreams where ive been sent back to highschool or even earlier levels to complete classes i failed in or get my diploma (i dropped out and got a GED) instead of or alongside of college classes. Im always an adult, but im being treated like a child and frequently as if im special-needs. And of course students are leary of me and think i must be retarded/psychologically unstable to have been held back ten years. Often im told i have to pass these classes and get the diplomas or i wont be elligible for employment or advancement in higher educational courses. Its just so miserable and i cant even find motivation to keep up with these simple childrens courses. And i wake up feeling like that too

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: January 19, 2018, 03:17:39 am »

Not to mention a couple days ago, https://www.xkcd.com/1943/
(I actually forgot that the "new rooms in your home" dream was widespread...  And the observing figure one sounds pretty familiar, species aside)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3789 on: January 19, 2018, 05:47:42 am »

Dreamed I was a sea turtle; up above the surface of the sea was embroiled in a tumultuous storm, but below things were much calmer. Popping above for a breath, the sky was a terrifying expanse of spray and black winds, below things were dark, but of the comforting kind - the kind where you can glide gently into dead coral and nestle to sleep. As it was, this dream happened yesterday, during a big storm

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: January 19, 2018, 07:33:10 pm »

I am having so many dreams as of lately that I remember remembering like a hour after waking up.

Eventually they all fade and I can´t recall most.

So IRL I was smoking this water hookah with my buddy. (I think I got the translation right?)
It is that thing which uses water and hot coal to vape with some tobacco.

If you take a really deep breath of it, you get dizzy and we had fun like this for a hour or so.
Now I go to my house and do not feel dizzy, I fall asleep but holy shit my dreams felt so nauseous.

I am sure it is no side-effect of tobacco but just my mind somehow trolling me for my vaping shenanigans.

I do not remember ANY detail of the dream only that it was a nightmare struggle to stand up/talk do anything and everything was spinning and I was either flying or falling and it was scary and confusing.

Oh I only remember some detail that the buddy accused me of flying too high or something, whatever that means.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: January 19, 2018, 10:54:05 pm »

Dreamed that I was conscripted for military service in a totalitarian state, like Nazi Germany but with the swastikas filed off. There was a mistake in the paperwork for it somewhere along the line though, so instead of being sent to dig ditches or whatever they sent me to work as a physicist on some kind of top secret rocketry project. I knew nothing about rocketry or ballistic physics though, and didn't have the credentials that they thought I did. I knew though that if they found out about the mixup I would be executed to protect the secrecy of the project, or that I could be accused of bribery or lying on the forms (and still executed but extra hard I guess,) so I had to fake my way through the whole thing rather than just telling them about the mistake.

That's what the whole dream was, just me trying desperately to absorb the theoretical background I would need to work with the other scientists while not letting on to them or the extremely intense intelligence officer supervising us that I knew fuck all. The whole situation was even more nerve-wracking with the intelligence officer seeming to hold the others in contempt but liking me for my "down to Earth" demeanor, and treating me differently because of it. The nerves from that one kept with me all through this morning.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: January 19, 2018, 11:13:00 pm »

That sounds like a great dream.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: January 19, 2018, 11:23:00 pm »

It would've been hilarious for sure if I wasn't "living" it, yeah. It's honestly a bit disappointing it turned out the way it did.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: January 20, 2018, 09:17:09 am »

Had a dream last night that there was some kind of family gathering or social event I was supposed to attend, but all I would do was lie in bed and sleep. Occasionally people would wake me up and tease me about it.

And then when I woke up from the dream I had "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" stuck in my head.

Always feels weird to wake up and realize that while I was sleeping I was dreaming about sleeping.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 338