Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218402 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1035 on: December 11, 2012, 10:15:55 pm »

If Alice is so confident in her ability to distract the guards, and Gwen is so confident in her ability to snatch up prisoners, then both of them can do that. We'll hit one tree, Gwen hits another on the other side of the retreat and Alice distracts the guards.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 11, 2012, 10:17:03 pm »

Step between them.

"Stop. This argument is counterproductive, especially right now. We're right next to a camp of hostiles! Gwen, you make a distraction, and sprint over to the edge of the forest and blink away before you can get hurt; hopefully they'll keep looking for you afterwards. Alice will aid the distraction if they don't. I'll head into town once they're gone; once you return to the flow of time, Gwen, you can help me find some people. Acceptable?"

((I mostly blended bits of their plans into some whole cloth, to avoid favoritism, which I suggest avoiding.
Also, I'll be civil. As civil as the topic and others allow, at least.))

Ninja'd, I like Grek's idea better. Still step between them and scold them for arguing this close to the enemy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »

I second Greks motion, and GreatWyrmGold's amendment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 11, 2012, 10:32:43 pm »

I move to the previous question.

((Once we finish this suggestion, I suggest we propose a modified form of parliamentary procedure to use here. If passed, I'd write up the details.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 11, 2012, 10:36:44 pm »

If Alice is so confident in her ability to distract the guards, and Gwen is so confident in her ability to snatch up prisoners, then both of them can do that. We'll hit one tree, Gwen hits another on the other side of the retreat and Alice distracts the guards.
Yeah, I was thinking this too!
To be honest, I'm not sure what Alice's plan was.  She pretty much wanted to do this, but have Gwen sit out.  Dunno why.

When we attack, maybe we should just do some eon + dark manipulation?  Have 'em shoot at each other, then freeze the survivors?
I think we have a little was to go until we're at fighting strength.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 11, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking this too!
To be honest, I'm not sure what Alice's plan was.  She pretty much wanted to do this, but have Gwen sit out.  Dunno why.
Pride?

When we attack, maybe we should just do some eon + dark manipulation?  Have 'em shoot at each other, then freeze the survivors?
I think we have a little was to go until we're at fighting strength.
Something magicky, probably involving eon manipulation. I prefer not to plan too far ahead. Sending some of the leaders or best combatants into the future could help; demoralization, if nothing else.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 11, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

What about dark manipulation?  It is night, after all.  We might be able to trick them into shooting each other, which would do more damage than just warping.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 11, 2012, 11:00:41 pm »

True, we could summon images of shadowy beasts that arn't real to run around and case panic, maybe using eon manipulation to occassionally catapult a body (or body part) into the future to make it seem like the "monsters" are doing stuff.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 11, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

True, we could summon images of shadowy beasts that arn't real to run around and case panic, maybe using eon manipulation to occassionally catapult a body (or body part) into the future to make it seem like the "monsters" are doing stuff.
Yeup.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 11, 2012, 11:18:36 pm »

Yeup.
Sounds frightening.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 11, 2012, 11:27:26 pm »

Yeup.
Sounds frightening.
You misspelled "delightful."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 12, 2012, 12:14:57 am »

Yeup.
Sounds frightening.
You misspelled "delightful."
Frightening to the victims, possibly delightful to the PC.
Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 12, 2012, 12:42:57 am »

Tell Gwen to keep an eye out for good potential converts, then send her in while we make a distraction with Alice. We have fire manipulation now - a burning house or two should make a fantastic distraction.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:31 am »

I prefer my previous suggestion, it creates more panic and chaos, and can easily be performed alongside another initial distraction. That way we have things going on all over the place and potential enemies won't be sure how to respond to the multiple threats. If you want to set a house-tree on fire in addition to that i guess i could be game, but doing yet another thing seems a chore.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 12, 2012, 01:42:41 am »

Agreed. The plan is already complicated enough without us having to light it on fire as well.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 143