Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218409 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1080 on: December 12, 2012, 05:19:08 pm »

Ask the tree for coldbreath. If it doesn't give her to us, set something on fire and ask again, less politely(unless that wouldn't work with plants).
we don't need to ask the tree, coldbreath isn't tied up in vines. if you want to restrain her, we're more skilled in time magic than treetalking, and it would be safer to trap her in a timeloop and then carry her away

but i vote against going for one of the others when we got a bride secured already. just leave.
Would we be able to carry someone if they're slowed down?  Might that slow us down, or something?  She wouldn't be able to move very fast, and would keep looping, so she wouldn't be able to go anywhere, even in our arms.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:10 pm »

that's probably right. i hadn't thought about it that way
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:46:21 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 12, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

Here's a thought: Kill the elf we like least and take her along as food for Gwen. I recommend the adventurer, since we could strip the body of loot before Gwen eats her.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 12, 2012, 06:00:01 pm »

eating a sentient who was killed in their sleep is the same as eating giant lovebird eggs. their meat wouldn't be seasoned with the recommended daily dose of terror. we should go after little children for food and torture them before feeding. these are potential consorts, not prey

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 12, 2012, 06:10:37 pm »

eating a sentient who was killed in their sleep is the same as eating giant lovebird eggs. their meat wouldn't be seasoned with the recommended daily dose of terror. we should go after little children for food and torture them before feeding. these are potential consorts, not prey
Exactly.  We feed on fear too.  We need to keep her alive.  Well, we have one elf in a cocoon, and we can probably carry another if we bind her.  We'll take two, and give Gwen one.

Oh, when it comes time for our son to be born, let's have a snack for him on hand.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 12, 2012, 06:17:36 pm »

the left teste was a gift from the goddess, not one we earned ourselves, we shouldn't hoard it greedily. it is only fitting that we bestow it upon someone devout to her and dedicated to restoring the old faith. besides, a lineage of sea-bound trolls wouldn't compete with our progeny. if we succeed in establishing a cult to the night trolls we're effectively creating the foundation for a platform of collaboration between night trolls regardless of lineage. instead of reviving the isolationist culture of our fathers, we'd be creating a faction that could not only survive, but could reasonably aspire to dominate the world
Also, we'd be spreading out the night trolls some.

as for the current action, most elves sound like good brides, and i'm really curious about the one bound in vines, but i suspect we can only take one of them. i'm confident whatever we pick will have an interesting result, but we shouldn't be greedy. we should just pick one and get out
I still vote adventurer.

I do not think we should set the building we are currently in on fire.
And sigging.

As noted, I suggest we try to take the adventurer elf. She'd probably have a wide variety of experiences that would be of use. In my opinion, secondary choices would be the rogue (of course), the mage, or coldbreath. Whoever we choose, we should take some combination of the older elf's axe and possibly armor, the rogue's lockpicks and dagger, the adventurer's stuff. Yay, loot!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 12, 2012, 06:55:45 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ask the tree for coldbreath. If it doesn't give her to us, set something on fire and ask again, less politely(unless that wouldn't work with plants).

You decide that since you already have one elf bound and ready to go, there is no harm in playing around a bit to try and snare a second. If push comes to shove you can grab the rouge and begone if the elves start to wake up.

Opening communication with the tree once more, you ask it to wrap up the one with visible breath to go. You can sense the tree is starting to become annoyed with you, but it complies with your request. The vines emerge and wrap the elf and her belongs up tight without waking her. 1d20 = 17 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 1(Tattoos) = 15

Whoever we choose, we should take some combination of the older elf's axe and possibly armor, the rogue's lockpicks and dagger, the adventurer's stuff. Yay, loot!

There is no way in heck you are carrying a massive battleaxe and two elves; but you do swipe the rouge's dagger and lockpicks, as well as a few coin purses from the adventurer's bag.

Putting away your spear you grab both bound elves and leap from the tree. You make a mad dash for the edge of town. The captives wake up and begin to make a racket, but the town is so chaotic and noisy now that they are far from the only ones screaming. Your escape is far from clean. Several people spot you, and some even comment on the situation. Luckily none of them are equipped or willing to try and get in your way. By the time you clear the wall you figure that somebody should be able to pick up your trail, either by following your footprint or by asking the trees. 1d20 = 7 + 4(Skill) + 2(Bat Distraction) + 2(Camouflage) -2(Somewhat Encumbered) - 4(Screaming Prisoners) = 9

You make it back to the ranch without incident, and throw both your prisoners on the ground to stew in their own juices while you await the arrival of your allies.

Gwendolyn arrives first; empty handed. She got greedy and killed a few elves to rile up the others before going after prey to eat. The guards found her before she could find somebody vulnerable enough to drag away, so she had to blink away. As a small consolation prize, you note that just being in such a fearful place was enough to advance the consort's pregnancy. There is now a small bulge in her belly. 1d20 = 3 + 4(Minion is Very Well Suited for the Job) = 7

Alice doesn't arrive until just before dawn. The resourceful human was able to pick off most of her pursuers with her bow and capture the remaining elf, a female guard, at knife-point. Alice has forced her prisoner to strip naked and haul the corpse of one of her comrades to the ranch. 1d20 = 20 + 3(Minion is  Well Suited for the Job) = 23 (NAT 20!)

You congratulate your allies on their first successful group raid and consider the options. Two from the tree, a guard, and a corpse. The corpse looks to have been a bit scared when he died, you figure it would make a good meal for yourself. The three remaining all beg for mercy. You have a feeling Gwen will eat at least one before all is said or done and the rest will be made consorts.

Gwen ties the guard up with some rope fetched from the barn, and the three of you discuss options. Nobody was particularly subtle last night. You all agree that Everpine will inevitably send a Posse, and they will be able to track at least one of the group back to the ranch by sundown at the latest.

You are now faced with the choice of either defending the ranch or marching 3 prisoners across the woods to the tower in broad daylight. Turning one of the elves could take awhile, but if you get it done fast enough would give you an extra fighter for the defense. It could also leave you indisposed when the attackers arrive...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:05:17 pm by Weirdsound »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:20 pm »

do we get plant empathy from that success?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 12, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »

Let us interview our prisoners, tell them that if they convince us of their worth they may live, if  they resist than use dark manipulation to torture their minds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 12, 2012, 07:20:40 pm »

I suggest we quickly interrogate the elves. Assuming they're all female, we'll make our choice(s) of mates afterwards.

If the guard's male, give him to Gwen and interrogate the others.

...Double-ninja'd.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 12, 2012, 07:20:41 pm »

do we get plant empathy from that success?

Yes. I got preoccupied while writing the turn so forgot to change the character sheet to reflect that. You didn't have any novice feats to convert to gifts though. I'll make sure everything is up to date next turn.

Let us interview our prisoners, tell them that if they convince us of their worth they may live, if they resist than use dark manipulation to torture their minds.

Sun is coming up. It wont be dark enough for dark manipulation for long...

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 12, 2012, 07:27:40 pm »

I suggest we quickly interrogate the elves. Assuming they're all female, we'll make our choice(s) of mates afterwards.

...Double-ninja'd.
Guard is female, I think.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 12, 2012, 07:31:30 pm »

Reverting to my old style of suggestions, new doesn't work and I like lists :)

I propose:

1) Stay here, wait for the attack
2) Let Gwen do have fun with prisoners, tell she should eat two, and choose one that she should like to see as a sister-wife, then leave her alone (I don't think that she'll became much more pregnant as a result, so should be combat-fine)
3) Spend that time night talking with Alice, tell her about all our current gifts (not only the ones that we consider giving to her due to minmaxing) , ask her about  her life plans and goals, her views on the childbirth and option how to avoid wraith of her father if we choose (By we  I mean the troll and Alice) to not do any kind of conversion
4) setup some kind of ambush, all members of our party are stealthy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:40:52 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 12, 2012, 07:40:38 pm »

...Double-ninja'd.
Guard is female, I think.
Dang.
In that case, interrogate everyone. Then choose a snack for Gwen.

Reverting to my old style of suggestions, new doesn't work and I like lists :)

I propose:

1) Stay here, wait for the attack
2) Let Gwen do have fun with prisoners, tell she should eat two, and choose one that she should like to see as a sister-wife, then leave her alone (I don't think that she'll became much more pregnant as a result, so should be combat-fine)
3) Spend that time night talking with Alice, tell her about all our current gifts (not only the ones that we consider giving to her due to minmaxing) , ask her about  her life plans, her views on chilbirth and option how to avoid wraith of her father if we choose (Be we  I mean the troll and Alice) to not do any kind of conversion
4) setup some kind of ambush, all members of our party are stealthy
1. Use time productively.
2. No, no. Interrogate prisoners then choose someone to feed to Gwen. That way we not only get more info but also a better choice on mate. Or mates.
3. Not yet, we don't have any good ones yet. Well, no gifts good for Alice.
4. Sensible.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 12, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »

1. I mean not go to tower

2.As a former elf and member of that society Gwen knows better. Besides we trust our wife, besides we want her to be happy with sister wife... And letting her doing the job may let us prepare better ambush  Oh, let me guess min-maxing says that she may choose a suboptimal mate.

3. So what? Let Alice decide if she consider gift good or not. Let's learn what she really thinks about the conversion  Or let's not pretend that we respect her as a friend.  Or you are afraid that Alice will show interest in the left stone gift? Why is so? It's not like that we'll be forced to convert her
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:52:33 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 143