Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218443 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1095 on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:20 pm »

Reverting to my old style of suggestions, new doesn't work and I like lists :)

I propose:

1) Stay here, wait for the attack
2) Let Gwen do have fun with prisoners, tell she should eat two, and choose one that she should like to see as a sister-wife, then leave her alone (I don't think that she'll became much more pregnant as a result, so should be combat-fine)
3) Spend that time night talking with Alice, tell her about all our current gifts (not only the ones that we consider giving to her due to minmaxing) , ask her about  her life plans and goals, her views on the childbirth and option how to avoid wraith of her father if we choose (By we  I mean the troll and Alice) to not do any kind of conversion
4) setup some kind of ambush, all members of our party are stealthy
i agree with this except or the first point. i don't think we should linger, and we're encumbered with the prisioners, it'll be hard to fight or flee later, and we got all we wanted, so we should get a headstart. have alice split from the group and covering our retreat, by covering our tracks and spreading misleading gossip among the trees to confuse our pursuers

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »

Interrogate all of them and the one we hate the most or isn't worthy to live feed it to Gwen. Then use the others for your pawns/slaves and they will have to follow your orders or die.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 12, 2012, 07:57:59 pm »

Stay here and prepare an ambush sounds like the best option.
Interrogate all three prisoners, then let Gwen eat the two of them we want least as a consort.
I thought we agreed to stop discussing converting Alice until someone other than Ukrainian Ranger brings it up.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 12, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »

i agree with discussing it with alice herself. it would probably settle the matter

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »

1. I mean not go to tower

2.As a former elf and member of that society Gwen knows better. Besides we trust our wife, besides we want her to be happy with sister wife... And letting her doing the job may let us prepare better ambush  Oh, let me guess min-maxing says that she may choose a suboptimal mate.

3. So what? Let Alice decide if she consider gift good or not. Let's learn what she really thinks about the conversion  Or let's not pretend that we respect her as a friend.  Or you are afraid that Alice will show interest in the left stone gift? Why is so? It's not like that we'll be forced to convert her
1. Ah. Agreed.
2. Ask her opinion, but also listen in on the interrogation and make the final choice. Ideally, two of them would make good wives and Gwen would be fine with one. It's also possible that eating both would make her too pregnant to fight well, without miscarrying...
3. I'd prefer not to insult Alice by asking if she wants a subpar gift not suited to her without at least one good gift. Besides, is now really the time?

Interrogate all of them and the one we hate the most or isn't worthy to live feed it to Gwen. Then use the others for your pawns/slaves and they will have to follow your orders or die.
Or, you know, convert them. Just a thought.

Stay here and prepare an ambush sounds like the best option.
Interrogate all three prisoners, then let Gwen eat the two of them we want least as a consort.
I thought we agreed to stop discussing converting Alice until someone other than Ukrainian Ranger brings it up.
Of course, at the moment it's unanimous.
Why let her eat two?
Oh, right.

i agree with discussing it with alice herself. it would probably settle the matter
Wait for safety, and ideally a better gift.

Why does no one want two new consorts? Is there a time limit between conversions I forgot, or do people just not want to spend the time right now to convert two? I can agree with that, but if a night troll, two consorts, and Alice can't figure out how to bind an elf and then transport her to the tower I'll eat my avatar. Also bear in mind that eating a couple of screaming elven women will probably add the equivilant of a few months to Gwen's pregnancy...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 12, 2012, 08:30:25 pm »

Why does no one want two new consorts? Is there a time limit between conversions I forgot, or do people just not want to spend the time right now to convert two? I can agree with that, but if a night troll, two consorts, and Alice can't figure out how to bind an elf and then transport her to the tower I'll eat my avatar. Also bear in mind that eating a couple of screaming elven women will probably add the equivilant of a few months to Gwen's pregnancy...

That's why i said to let Gwen eat one and convert the other 2. Also if we are going to interrogate them do we get to know their skills,traits,names,Etc?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:48 pm »

That's why i said to let Gwen eat one and convert the other 2. Also if we are going to interrogate them do we get to know their skills,traits,names,Etc?
Yay, someone agreed with me!
Anyways...names, skills, history, rumors heard, family, property, faith...anything they'll tell us, focusing on skills and such and what they've heard.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 12, 2012, 08:35:03 pm »

Yay, someone agreed with me!
Anyways...names, skills, history, rumors heard, family, property, faith...anything they'll tell us, focusing on skills and such and what they've heard.
Yah, I agree with you too.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 12, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

let gwen do the interrogation, she has shadow manipulation too, and if it gets too light she can just lock them in a cabinet somewhere and get back to work. We will attempt to make the surrounding plant life more favorable to us and more hostile to elves. Alice can help.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 12, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »

The reverse would be better, as Gwen likely is better at plantlife manipulation, and information would be better first hand, gwen may also get overzealous and go too far, she's already proven occassionally lacking in self control.
While i like the idea of more servants i think we can only convert one at a time, and even if we do that we will be tired, if we plan an ambush this is a concern. If we turn one of them and keep another tied up that one may escape her bondage and fight against us along with her rescuers.
I'm okay with the idea of ambush, i just feel we need to be smart about this.

A similiar suggestion to one i suggested earlier, is it possible to create a long thin sort of wall of frozen or slowed time? If we could get our opponents to bungle into it than we could deal with enemies in a more leisurely manner, at the very worst it would make navigation more difficult for our opponents.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:14 pm »

The reverse would be better, as Gwen likely is better at plantlife manipulation, and information would be better first hand, gwen may also get overzealous and go too far, she's already proven occassionally lacking in self control.
While i like the idea of more servants i think we can only convert one at a time, and even if we do that we will be tired, if we plan an ambush this is a concern. If we turn one of them and keep another tied up that one may escape her bondage and fight against us along with her rescuers.
Yeah, Gwen is better at ranger-shits, since she was an elf.  We're also much better at dark manipulation.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 12, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »

A similiar suggestion to one i suggested earlier, is it possible to create a long thin sort of wall of frozen or slowed time? If we could get our opponents to bungle into it than we could deal with enemies in a more leisurely manner, at the very worst it would make navigation more difficult for our opponents.
Hmmmm.... how about temporal cheese wire? Decapitations are fun.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 12, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »

Well, let's get an interrogation plan planned, since no one is against interrogating our prisoners.

I suggest we do it personally. Gwen can set up some traps, she's good with nature magic.

Alright, now about mates.

I suggest feeding one prisoner to Gwen, converting another quickly, and then securing the last with both bindings and at least two kinds of magic (say, eon manipulation and plant empathy?), and setting our new consort to guard the prisoner. Once we beat our pursuers, we can decide whether to convert the last prisoner or feed her to Gwen, but we don't want to feed her two people at once. I'm guessing that would put her around the equivalent of 3-4 months pregnant, which is not a time you want to be fighting...
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 12, 2012, 09:24:45 pm »

Yeah, maybe have Gwen rig up some traps around the tower while we interrogate them?  Just convince the plants to warn us of invaders, and help us fight them off?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 12, 2012, 09:28:58 pm »

Elves may deconvince them though, i think we need non plant related traps in addition.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 143