Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218503 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1230 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:00 am »

I have been lurking the forum for a while, and one the reason why I decided to make an account is because of this game. I have followed it since the beginning, and would like to thank Weirdsound for this terrific story. Keep up the good work.

As for a suggestion, I think that the elf capitive should tied up in the barn to use as a hostage. When the warband gets here, it should be top priority to take the wizard down as he is probably the only ranged attacker.

Its stuff like that that keeps me going. Thanks.

Lol, GWG, good suggestion. Just one little problem - Mage is male

Yeah. That.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 16, 2012, 10:37:13 am »

Well, look at that, they delivered a new consort right to our door! How convenient. If we capture the mage, what gift should we use? Maybe Withering Touch? Seriously, you can't have enough wizards.

Short-term, Corruptor's idea is a good one, if it works. As for the mage, put her in a time-loop like we did with Phyros--saves her for conversion if we so choose, and takes her out of the fight quickly using one of our best skills.
Agreed but still only capture her if convenient.  Our primary objective needs to remain survival especially with our unborn child nearby.  Eon manipulation sounds great so long as it does not give away our position any earlier than necessary.
If we time-loop her, we can extract her at our leisure. Why would eon manipulation give away our position? Presence, sure, but they knew that...

Side note: why do we still have beach sand in our pocket?  Also if the spear can turn items into sand maybe later we could turn sand into items.  Or people into sand?
Because the GM never removed it despite us asking him to?
We turned stuff into sand on accident. I'm not sure if we could intentionally duplicate it.

Lol, GWG, good suggestion. Just one little problem - Mage is male
...Somehow I mixed the female warrior with the mage.

I am against any attempts to catch the warrior. If we lucky get her alive =  nice. If not - too many consorts isn't in our best interests anyway.  Our goal is to win the battle
Okay. Fair enough. Warrior consort isn't as good as warrior/mage consort anyhow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 16, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »

We can always hire mercanaries and thugs as muscle, spellcasters are in shorter supply.
Now about the barn, is there more than one exit? And if not... escape plan  for if it goes bad?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 16, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

We can always hire mercanaries and thugs as muscle, spellcasters are in shorter supply.
Now about the barn, is there more than one exit? And if not... escape plan  for if it goes bad?
Creating a hole in the ceiling is a possibility. Another thing that can be done is having our character transport our companions at least an hour into the future. This might be hard to do in the thick of battle though. Also this could just lead us into a worst predicament, if they call reinforcement. Maybe it would be better to just send Alice, Gwen, and us into the future before the posse even gets here and hopefully evade them.
Max avatar size is 80x80

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 16, 2012, 02:41:27 pm »

Creating a hole in the ceiling is a possibility. Another thing that can be done is having our character transport our companions at least an hour into the future. This might be hard to do in the thick of battle though. Also this could just lead us into a worst predicament, if they call reinforcement. Maybe it would be better to just send Alice, Gwen, and us into the future before the posse even gets here and hopefully evade them.
Nah, we made our bed; let's lie in it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 16, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

Yeah, enemy mage is male. The axe-wielding leader of the treehugging lynchmob however, is not - so I concur with whoever said we should freeze her with Eon if given an opportunity.

Oh, and we should really make a point of securely restraining the elf rogue before the battle. Rogues tend to take opportunities like huge chaotic battles to make escapes and/or stabby stabby their captors.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 16, 2012, 06:17:34 pm »

Just got into my first car accident and I feel like shit, that aside I figured I'd try and relax by posting a new suggestion.  We might want to spread out our team with different people in different places maybe allowing for a flankig maneuver.  Also I agree about having an escape plan of some sort although keep in mind a roof hole is useful for us but less so for Alice who can't jump.  We could grap her and jump out though.  Maybe having our consort grab her and phase out or whatever she does could also work.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 16, 2012, 06:21:44 pm »

We've got three people.

Flanking might help, or it might lead to the elves dividing into smaller groups and overwhelming us like that.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 16, 2012, 06:37:24 pm »

Probably depends on how well the traps work.  If the traps surprise them enough, then we can really catch them off guard by getting behind them.  Maybe have us all together in the back of the barn then have our consort get behind them with her special ability and push some more of them into the trap.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 16, 2012, 07:31:37 pm »

We should have Alice shoot the mage, just in case the mage can block magic attacks somehow, while the axe elf should be taken down with time displacement or fire since it might be hard to penetrate armor with swords or arrows. Finally the recruits need be taken out as quickly as possible. If someone does flank, then the people in the barn have to attract attention to them, so the pits can be used and have the enemy not discover our flanker.
Max avatar size is 80x80

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 16, 2012, 07:33:40 pm »

Sounds like a plan.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:00 pm »

Side note: why do we still have beach sand in our pocket? 
Pocket Sand?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 17, 2012, 03:15:44 am »

Mage is a complicating factor, i just realised that our plan is basically hoping he doesn't screw us over. So, i'm wondering, what kind of mage might he be? What might that mean? and what do we do depending on the form of magic?

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 17, 2012, 03:41:18 am »

Mage is a complicating factor, i just realised that our plan is basically hoping he doesn't screw us over. So, i'm wondering, what kind of mage might he be? What might that mean? and what do we do depending on the form of magic?
Use the trees' affiliation with the elves to our advantage - go outside and converse loudly about our plans to lure the mage into the magic-nullifying zone our artifact creates inside the barn. If the trees rat on us, and the elven mage believes it, hopefully that should lead him to be overly cautious - giving us the chance to eliminate his allies.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 17, 2012, 03:58:50 am »

Or maybe set the barn on fire or something.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 143