Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218451 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1455 on: December 20, 2012, 05:16:17 am »

Can I put something out for future plans, when the baby is born we should ask Gwendoline to examine the mermaids transforming bracelet, it could be incredibly useful if she could recreate it to make us look human, elven and dwarven.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 20, 2012, 05:18:47 am »

Can I put something out for future plans, when the baby is born we should ask Gwendoline to examine the mermaids transforming bracelet, it could be incredibly useful if she could recreate it to make us look human, elven and dwarven.
This is a good idea

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:14 am »

+1

We should also look into learning Necromancy. Perhaps we could contact Foghorn and ask if he has any spellbooks on the subject?
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:58 am »

I'd like to bring something up.
People keep talking about the Gift of Bloodlust being bad because it would make Alice lose control.
To that I have the following counterargument:
IT DOES NOT DO THAT.
Thank you.

Why do people want to give Alice the Phoenix gift? It pretty much removes the chance of having Phoenix descendants, and also negates Alice's abilities of stealth and existence in flammable environments.

Anyways, I would be fine with giving the Gift of the Left Stone to Alice if she would be willing to have lots of little girls, but Alice has stubbornly refused to tell us anything related to her choice. Can anyone think of some way to discern this? Maybe some kind of magic I've forgotten about?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:59 am »

Or we could just insist, even if she doesn't want to talk about it we can still make her, it's for her own good, Also apart from my ironic spite plan do we have any use for the gift of hideousness?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 20, 2012, 08:25:44 am »

Where are people getting the idea that Alice is super duper stealthy? She is a good tracker and is deceptive, yes, but she is not especially subtle. Her plan at the retreat was not "I'll sneak in and abduct someone." - that was Gwen who said that. Alice was the one saying, "I'll go on the other side of the retreat and make a huge distraction."

Her actual demonstrated strengths are talking to plants, talking to animals, archery and maybe some other magic that she's just not shown off. The one time she made a stealth roll, it was at a +3 one worse than us and one better than Gwen.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 20, 2012, 12:41:52 pm »

But still flaming wings get rid of any bonus and adds several cons, she will gain the ability to fly and have a one up, but it would be more useful for kids to have that and something else.
So how are you today?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 20, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »

As long as we use immolation gift on a child I'm happy.  Also don't use the best gifts on consorts unless they are very important to us, better to use them on children.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 20, 2012, 01:18:15 pm »

About happy consorts, two things
First can we trust Gwendoline will stay with us seeing as she's about to give birth and stop being completely loyal to us.
And secondly can we use the puppet consort as sort of an emotional punching bag, we order get to both hate her form and us but also tell her to love us, and we tell her to hate eating the remains of dead bodies, but make be unable to stop herself. Of course we would need to put in safe guards, and give her partial free will until she proves herself as truly loyal and we can start giving her some liberties back.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 20, 2012, 01:24:38 pm »

+1

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 20, 2012, 01:40:16 pm »

First can we trust Gwendoline will stay with us seeing as she's about to give birth and stop being completely loyal to us.
I repeat two things:
1) Instincts don't make anyone completely loyal
2) Instincts work until the child is old enough to survive without mother

Alice if she would be willing to have lots of little girls
I can answer that for her. No, she doesn't want to act like a hive mother and turn herself in a baby-making machine. No self respecting woman want that role.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:54:14 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 20, 2012, 02:08:48 pm »

I'd like to bring something up.
People keep talking about the Gift of Bloodlust being bad because it would make Alice lose control.
To that I have the following counterargument:
IT DOES NOT DO THAT.
Thank you.

Why do people want to give Alice the Phoenix gift? It pretty much removes the chance of having Phoenix descendants, and also negates Alice's abilities of stealth and existence in flammable environments.

Anyways, I would be fine with giving the Gift of the Left Stone to Alice if she would be willing to have lots of little girls, but Alice has stubbornly refused to tell us anything related to her choice. Can anyone think of some way to discern this? Maybe some kind of magic I've forgotten about?
In that case I wouldn't be opposed to using the Battle-Lust Gift on Alice, but I still attest that the Phoenix Gift would be the best choice. Alice is a ranger, not a rogue - stealth was something she was mildly good at, not her forte.

Alice's orientation makes her unsuited for the Left Stone Gift. We're the last True night troll, we have to think about the continuity of our race.

Well, anyway on the brightside the endless Alice debate will be over one way or another soon lol.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 20, 2012, 02:17:48 pm »

In that case I wouldn't be opposed to using the Battle-Lust Gift on Alice, but I still attest that the Phoenix Gift would be the best choice. Alice is a ranger, not a rogue - stealth was something she was mildly good at, not her forte.
Yeah, and it would be pretty nifty, wouldn't ya say?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 20, 2012, 02:22:29 pm »

But if she doesn't want to have children, which we are pretty sure she doesn't the phone if gift will end there, if we give it to someone willing to have children we can have the power continue through the line.
So how are you today?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:01 pm »

BTW, I change my preference for Alice gift to the Phoenix gift. Having flying archer is a good thing, Alice will be much more free with such gift and Foghorn will like the gift

And one time resurrection is a very nice thing

But first talk to the goddess together with Alice

anailater
No woman will like that: "your only goal is to make babies as I order" unless she is a puppet, mindless zealot or nymphomaniac

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 143