Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218388 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2012, 03:20:59 pm »

Find out what he needs for the artifact.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2012, 04:25:46 pm »

Also, prepare for an expedition and ponder where to go.

I suggest heading to Dawnmadien in a disguise.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »

Agreed, try not to step on any toes though. Also, bring something of value to trade for preserved meat, lots of it. Mostly as a backup for when hunting goes south.

Edit: wait, elf village, crap, elves don't eat meat do they?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »

-3 Slices of Goblin Jerkey (In pocket)

Can't we eat this?

Also, if we are going to hunt Everpine is a much safer place... But I'd prefer animals for now

Plus, I'd prefer the ghost as servant as long as we stay in the tower
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:08:34 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2012, 03:09:08 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Find out what he needs for the artifact.

You ask the ghost what he would need to complete an artifact.

"Honestly I'm not sure. Dwarves go into strange moods to make artifacts, and don't know anything about them until that happens. Once you order me to make it I'll know, but I may have trouble communicating with you. Since I AM bound to your service, there is a chance you might be able to order me to use specific components or make a specific object, but I wouldn't count on it."

You sigh. "Wonderful. Well as I said, I will consider your offer. In the meantime I would like to visit Dawnmaiden without any ancient or well educated residents identifying me for what I am. Do you think you could whip me up some chain-mail and a helmet to conceal my identity?"

Illuem nods. "That I can do master. I'll need to take measurements, and you will have to gather material for me. Phyros kept me busy make all sorts of metal gizmos and such. Just bring a whole bunch of unneeded down and I can melt them for your disguise."

It takes an hour and a half for the spectral dwarf to measure every contour of your twisted body, and the rest of the night to sort through the junk on the first floor and bring all the mundane metal goods downstairs to be melted. Illuem informs you that he should have your gear ready by midnight.

By the time you are finished Alice is awake. She watches you scarf down the jerky and what is left of Phyros before suggesting another trip to the woods to hunt for food and pratice magic. The teenage wizard also mentions that she would be willing to go out and hunt on her own if you have better things to do.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:14:20 am by Weirdsound »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2012, 03:27:28 am »

Should agree to go with her, we need a stomach(s) with digestive juices

Besides if something bad happens to her and she doesn't return her father may think that we did something to her
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2012, 03:30:09 am »

Should agree to go with her, we need a stomach(s) with digestive juices

Besides if something bad happens to her and she doesn't return her father may think that we did something to her
This. Also, since we need to hunt and we need to do fire magic, I propose that we try hunting with fire magic.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2012, 03:37:33 am »

I support hunting with fire magic

Expects several "let's not risk starting a forest fire...."

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2012, 03:40:01 am »

If the prey is in a clearing or something. I personally prefer not having the whole world know about us yet just because of a spark.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2012, 04:03:53 am »

If we do accidentally start a forest fire, we can use our time looping spell to stop the fire from spreading until we can deal with it.

Or we can just leave it there and have a clearing full of ever-burning fire outside our house.

Whichever.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2012, 05:07:46 am »

We could do that, but not sure how effective that would be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2012, 07:40:21 am »

Just go hunting with hunting,
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2012, 08:38:11 am »

Just go hunting with hunting,
+1. Animal and plant empathy are invaluable for doing things in woods, and since elves live in woods...
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You quickly wake up Foghorn to inform him that you are taking his daughter hunting. He mumors a quick 'good luck' before dozing off again.

The pair of you head back into the forest in search of something to kill or practice magic on. Less than five minutes after you enter you spot trouble in the form of a mother grizzly and her three cubs. Your camouflage prevents it from detecting you, but it sure as hell sees Alice and rears up on its rear legs to roar in warning. You doubt even if you succeeded in communicated with it, it would be interested in listening to reason.

Encounter Roll 1d20 = 3 + 5(Guide's Skill) = 8

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2012, 03:52:27 pm »

Slow time, then grab Alice and leap into a tree with our springy legs.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 143