Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218245 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1965 on: January 03, 2013, 05:26:10 am »

I think that a large distraction of some kind will be essential in any kind of coordinated assault.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: January 03, 2013, 05:37:46 am »

Agreed, but if the town's most capable defenders are concentrated in a barracks or some equivalent location, a swift concentrated assault on it under cover of night could cripple their response to the raid.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:36 am »

I think we should have Foghorn create some kind of magical distraction, something at leas mildly catastrophic or extremely attention grabbing for the people of the town, then we can create an additional distraction with one of our servants, maybe we could have alice cause a fire with her wings and then lead a merry goose chase. All of this coordinated with a multipronged attack.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: January 03, 2013, 08:33:05 am »

Agreed. Distractions are good. Alice would make a great distraction--Alyce, Alyce, burning bright/In the forests of the night would be visible yet protected by all those trees.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: January 03, 2013, 05:23:10 pm »

I am back! :) I was banned for a week by Toady himself 8)

Out of the damned read-only mode....

So, preprations for the upcoming raid:

1) Order our ghost to make gauntlets, helmets and boots, any unused metal is bad. Any body protection is good
2) Train armed combat, friendly sparring is always good way to improve relations and we need to not rely only on our magic. Train armor usage, too
3) Train fire manipulation. We need practicing our teaching skill, and all our casters may benefit from this. I'd consider to send Alice to train fire manipulation but she need little more experience in being a night troll consort
4) Don't waste time on fortifications. It will not help against any serious attack
5) If a nice opportunity arise: impregnate Alice with the Left Stone or Inferno Embrace (you know what I prefer) Then we may send her away, to train fire manipulation in safe place, or even further away to her mother.  I really want to have back up plan in case we fail in a very dangerous upcoming attack and possible counter attack on our tower
6) Ask our mermaid to pray and ask for assistance of the goddes in the upcoming attack
7) Contacting Nochteclaw worshipers may help us , too
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »

Agreed. Distractions are good. Alice would make a great distraction--Alyce, Alyce, burning bright/In the forests of the night would be visible yet protected by all those trees.

Blake is one of my favorite poets. You get a gold star GWG.

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Family time takes place outside, as Gwendolyn is frantically trying to get used to her new metal swords before the raid. She is too stressed over her weapon to make small talk, and after she fires off a few statements implying her resentment of unenchanted weapons you decide to take the baby back inside before the discussion gets heated. 1d20 = 2 + 3(Gwendolyn is your consort) + 2 = 7

The baby seems to have picked up its first words since you last saw it. It now recites what you assume to be several short verses of the scripture Kelpmier is teaching it. You decide to get in on the act and teach the kid how to announce itself as your son.

Sadly the child refuses to go along with the lesson and ends up biting you on the thumb - hard. You hear bone break and are rather glad that you are wearing your regeneration necklace. 1d20 = 1 + 2(Skill) + 1(Perk) = 4 OUCH!

You wait a few hours to give Foghorn ample time to return to his tower before calling him up on the mirror.

"I've been thinking sir. I was wondering if you could provide a distraction of some sort to cover for me at the start of the raid?" 1d20 = 18 + 2(Skill) = 20

The wizard twirls his mustache. "I'll have my son whip up a quick and dirty ritual to screw with the weather or something. Distractions don't have to be fancy, so we should be able to pull it off without a huge sacrifice. Just let me know when you need it ready."

Cherlyn isn't back yet, but she hasn't been gone long enough for you to be worried yet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 03, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »

Tell Gwen to enchant her damn swords so she'll stop bitching.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: January 03, 2013, 06:59:17 pm »

Reposting just in case (with small update)

1) Order our ghost to make gauntlets, helmets and boots, any unused metal is bad. Any body protection is good
2) Train armed combat, friendly sparring is always good way to improve relations and we need to not rely only on our magic. Train armor usage, too
3) Train fire manipulation. We need practicing our teaching skill, and all our casters may benefit from this. I'd consider to send Alice to train fire manipulation but she need little more experience in being a night troll consort
4) Don't waste time on fortifications. It will not help against any serious attack
5) If a nice opportunity arise: impregnate Alice with the Left Stone or Inferno Embrace (you know what I prefer) Then we may send her away, to train fire manipulation in safe place, or even further away to her mother.  I really want to have back up plan in case we fail in a very dangerous upcoming attack and possible counter attack on our tower
6) Ask our mermaid to pray and ask for assistance of the goddes in the upcoming attack
8) Let Gwen to use 4 swords, back up weapons are nice
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: January 03, 2013, 08:13:25 pm »

If she isn't doing too well with them we may want to get her her enchanted swords back for now.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: January 03, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »

I am back! :) I was banned for a week by Toady himself 8)
May I ask why?

Out of what, platinum?

Can't really argue with any of these, if we have the time to do this stuff and still spend time with our family. Wait, no, delay impregnation of Alice until Jimma has her kid.
Blake is one of my favorite poets. You get a gold star GWG.
Thanks!

Tell Gwen to enchant her damn swords so she'll stop bitching.
Doesn't she, you know, need souls?

If she isn't doing too well with them we may want to get her her enchanted swords back for now.
Agreed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: January 03, 2013, 08:37:29 pm »

Yes, she does need souls. So she goes to get souls. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: January 03, 2013, 08:59:02 pm »

I am also admittedly curious as to why UR was banned.

At least our roll with Foggy went well.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: January 03, 2013, 09:31:06 pm »

May I ask why?
It was a bad idea to participate in a religion\atheism discussion thread.

Out of what, platinum?
I am quite sure that we didn't spent all 50 steel maces we had
BTW, it would be nice to have a home sections in the stats. Description of the tower, it's surroundings, facilities, resources, etc

Can't really argue with any of these, if we have the time to do this stuff and still spend time with our family. Wait, no, delay impregnation of Alice until Jimma has her kid.
As I said - Don't actively try, just don't miss an opportunity  if it will arise. While it may be not ideal having too many preggos before attack, I really don't want a game over if our attack goes too badly

Yes, she does need souls. So she goes to get souls.
No thanks, we need Gwen safe. Besides I prefer to consider enchantments unacceptable except for extreme cases

If we do send Gwen somewhere... (Everpine would be my choice)  then together with Jimma (Jimma need to give a birth before the war with Oakworshiped, so she needs to hunt)
We may use that time to spend it with Alice without distractions  Chat, discuss her fate, train armed combat and\or communications. We may get an opportunity to impregnate her.  Also, I'd consider using Alice's old bow to train ourself, our stealth and eon manipulation mix nicely with bows.  (BTW Is Gwen good with bows? Blinking archer is a machine of death... The main problem is that her arms are way to big for the bow)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:33:12 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 03, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »

May I ask why?
It was a bad idea to participate in a religion\atheism discussion thread.
Ah. Yup, bad choice.

Out of what, platinum?
I am quite sure that we didn't spent all 50 steel maces we had
BTW, it would be nice to have a home sections in the stats. Description of the tower, it's surroundings, facilities, resources, etc
Ah. Yup, good choice. Idea. Whatever.

As I said - Don't actively try, just don't miss an opportunity  if it will arise. While it may be not ideal having too many preggos before attack, I really don't want a game over if our attack goes too badly
Less the number of "preggos," more Alice's wish to not have a kid until she's had a chance to watch a couple other consorts try their hands.

Yes, she does need souls. So she goes to get souls.
No thanks, we need Gwen safe. Besides I prefer to consider enchantments unacceptable except for extreme cases
Aside from "extreme," sure. "Important," I'd say.

If we do send Gwen somewhere... (Everpine would be my choice)  then together with Jimma (Jimma need to give a birth before the war with Oakworshiped, so she needs to hunt)
We may use that time to spend it with Alice without distractions  Chat, discuss her fate, train armed combat and\or communications. We may get an opportunity to impregnate her.  Also, I'd consider using Alice's old bow to train ourself, our stealth and eon manipulation mix nicely with bows.  (BTW Is Gwen good with bows? Blinking archer is a machine of death... The main problem is that her arms are way to big for the bow)
Aside from impregnating Alice, sure. And I doubt Gwen has much skill with bows; not impossible, but I'm guessing it's an either-or thing, it doesn't usually make sense to focus on both two-weapon fighting and archery.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:01 pm »

What if Alice will be in good mood? If we get a romantic moment or something? As I said don't try actively, just keep that in mind if opportunity arise.

BTW, we'll need someone to guard our son while we fighting. Alice is a good choice for that because she can ran away with him... Add babygirl to the oven (like our GM likes to say) and we have guarantee that Night troll will survive even if we don't

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 143