Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218163 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #2010 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:18 pm »

What gender is the troll?
Better question: WHAT troll? I thought we were going for whats-her-name, who Vindel and that elf we killed both liked.
Yeah, she has a part troll bodyguard who is with her at all times.
Oh, thanks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:56 pm »

My pleasure ;)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:04 pm »

The plan to foghorn proposed was to take out the bodygaurd and terrorize the town, so that he could negotiate taking the girl in exchange for something of a truce.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 10, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »

Alright then. So, if he's 25% troll, does that mean he has reduced mental capacities? That could be...useful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 11, 2013, 01:30:57 pm »

The plan to foghorn proposed was to take out the bodygaurd and terrorize the town, so that he could negotiate taking the girl in exchange for something of a truce.

HAWLY CRAP ITS POST 2012. Sorry, just needed to point it out in ALL CAWPS O MAH GAWD
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 11, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »

Alright then. So, if he's 25% troll, does that mean he has reduced mental capacities? That could be...useful.

I don't think that's something we should rely on though, genetics only goes so far, particularly when so diluted.
We really need to practice with the magic of that spear, so that we don't keep turning our stuff to sand. (While we do so we should leave our possessions behind.)
Have Gwen kill an elf or two from oak worshiped, urge caution however, the last time she went soul-searching (hehehe) she almost got killed by a vampire.
We should also congratulate Cherlyn, praise her for her usefulness.

Edit: to be clear, i meant that Gwen search for souls to enchant her new weapons with.
Let's check on the boy in the dungeons, see if he needs anything. Lets also speak to him, try to win him over, perhaps talk to him about what he knows of the world around. Like the town he comes from, what government is it affiliated with? Who is attacking it?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:43:16 pm by Mlamlah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:11 pm »

I don't think that's something we should rely on though, genetics only goes so far, particularly when so diluted.
Agreed. Still, if he's just a bodyguard, the elves probably didn't focus too much on making sure he had much magic--especially since his trollish strength and toughness would compensate 90% of the time.

We really need to practice with the magic of that spear, so that we don't keep turning our stuff to sand. (While we do so we should leave our possessions behind.)
+1, ideally without turning stuff to sand in the process. Speaking of which, in the future remove all items from pockets and all important clothing from body before practicing with the spear.

Have Gwen kill an elf or two from oak worshiped, urge caution however, the last time she went soul-searching (hehehe) she almost got killed by a vampire.
[/b]
Sure.

We should also congratulate Cherlyn, praise her for her usefulness.
Certainly.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 11, 2013, 04:51:44 pm »

+1, ideally without turning stuff to sand in the process. Speaking of which, in the future remove all items from pockets and all important clothing from body before practicing with the spear.

You think that then failed rolls will not hurt us in some other way? :)

Gwen can't get souls now, our amulet is the only way to do it. And giving it to her, will not help. She knows no suitable magic
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 11, 2013, 04:52:41 pm »

Gwen can't get souls now, our amulet is the only way to do it. And giving it to her, will not help. She knows no suitable magic
She's an enchanter

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 11, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »

Enchanting need souls... And she need to put someone under effect of some spell to get that soul
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 11, 2013, 05:08:38 pm »

Oh, it will. We'll just make it more interesting and less annoying.

Enchanting need souls... And she need to put someone under effect of some spell to get that soul
Um, seeing as Gwen has enchanted before, and gave us the necklace, it won't be a problem. Also, she probably has backups, we're not using the soul-catcher, and the usual "spell" to get a soul involves killing someone and not a lot more.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 11, 2013, 05:14:55 pm »

Gwendolyn also informs you that she would not be comfortable in metal armor, but at least you are able to convince her to take a helmet. You also tell her that she can go back to using her wooden swords. She sheepishly informs you that she threw a fit and snapped both of them, and will need your help collecting souls for future enchantments.

and the usual "spell" to get a soul involves killing someone and not a lot more.
Nope, killing with spell is not enough, remember the elf we got soul from. We had to slowdown him to get his soul

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »

Quote tags fixed.

Gwendolyn also informs you that she would not be comfortable in metal armor, but at least you are able to convince her to take a helmet. You also tell her that she can go back to using her wooden swords. She sheepishly informs you that she threw a fit and snapped both of them, and will need your help collecting souls for future enchantments.
I fail to see why this would be. If Weirdsound could give us a salient reason...but until then, Gwen's just whining or failing to realize/care that she could get souls herself if we lent her the Soulcatcher.

and the usual "spell" to get a soul involves killing someone and not a lot more.
Nope, killing with spell is not enough, remember the elf we got soul from. We had to slowdown him to get his soul
1. Not killing with a spell, killing.
2. I had sorta forgotten that, but you still don't need a special spell to take souls.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 11, 2013, 06:04:55 pm »

Gwen has gotten souls on her own before though, i don't follow.
We don't need the soulcatcher for anything, and we have a different magic necklace anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 11, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »

As far as we know Gwen knows no other school but enchantments... Those can't modify anything without using souls

Gwen has gotten souls on her own before though, i don't follow.
Yeah, she used her sword for that before she broke it...

BTW, can't say that I am unhappy, I dislike enchantments for Night troll ethics reasons
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 143