Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221830 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #480 on: November 27, 2012, 04:37:59 am »

I recommend NOT pissing off the trees in the forest we live in. Instead, we should try ambushing a lone guard or a pair of guards at the very most.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 27, 2012, 04:44:01 am »

BTW, yep... Trees are pretty smart, everywhere and can tell elves about us... Better not to alienate them, so i withdrawn the idea to start a forest fire
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 27, 2012, 04:55:50 am »

Trees *have* been our friends in a lot of instances, telling all sorts of secrets, course they are also worse at keeping our own secrets than the cliche teenage girl.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 27, 2012, 05:34:22 am »

Don't burn them down. Bad idea.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 27, 2012, 07:31:53 am »

I'm mostly suggesting that we use Vindel's soul on the bracelet because it's ironic and cruel, not because there's any practical reason to do so. We're a night troll. Ironic and cruel is what we do.
I'd rather use Vindel on some other ironic thing, especially if we discover that the enchantment on the bracelet vanishes after he dies.

I suggest searching for guards or fools wandering outside the walls. If no one comes for an hour or two, wonder if sasquatches count as sentient.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 27, 2012, 11:25:16 am »

The best target - pair of lovers
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 27, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »

Easiest target would be ourselves but that wouldn't be too good, grab a bachelor(Ette)  from a bachelor tree like our father taught us

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 27, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »

No, no, no. It has experienced elves, very bad target

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:11 pm »

I agree, our brother told us that the bachelors make good *mates*, good mates are skilled, and therefore do not make good prey.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 27, 2012, 07:15:07 pm »

It is a "traditional" commune, and they are elves, and this is Bay12

Why haven't we harnessed ability to control magma

Start with fire

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 27, 2012, 07:23:19 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:11 pm »

Also the more experienced elves will eventually stand in our way

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:45 pm »

It might also earn us a gift if we learn fire magic

Like time displacement

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 27, 2012, 08:12:14 pm »

I don't think you're thinking this through, these are not vanilla fish dissector elves. This is an expansive fantasy universe that goes beyond the lore in regular DF in a way that makes sense and maintains cohesion that random world generation cannot have. The most experienced elves are not going to be legendary in useless skills, they are going to be experienced warriors and spell-casters, because they live in a dangerous world that requires them to defend themselves.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 27, 2012, 09:03:08 pm »

Being a legendary fish dissector is necessary in a small village, how else would they gut their fish.  I believe magma takes you out just as fast regardless of who you are
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 143