Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 218404 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2012, 03:58:56 pm »

Send the mother bear a few hours into the future with Eon magic, the cubs should be easy enough to deal with on their own.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2012, 04:15:02 pm »

Do that, then talk to the cubs.
Tame bear cubs? Awesome.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:18 pm »

Send the mother bear a few hours into the future with Eon magic, the cubs should be easy enough to deal with on their own.
Actually, this.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51:22 pm »

I agree.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2012, 11:47:41 pm »

But if it fails, do grab Alice and jump on the tree
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:18:39 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2012, 05:20:27 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You stretch out your right arm and point at the angry Ursine, focusing your mana towards displacing it in time. The beast gets back down on all fours and begins to charge right at Alice! The creature closes the gap quickly before reaching swiping at the girl... and vanishing in a green flash just before the blow can land. 1d20 = 18 + 4(Skill) + 1(Perk) + 1(Tattoo) = 24

Alice blinks "Where did it go?"

"Several days, perhaps a week, into the future. I might have put a bit much into that spell." you smirk.

The girl clears her throat and speaks in elven. "Sir Beast... I think I owe you my life. If you desire to turn me into something... like yourself and make me your own, I will demand to my father that you be allowed to do so."

You nod. "Dearest Alice, I am flattered by your proposition and will surely take it into consideration, but for now we have three orphans of the forest before us. They will not survive until their mother is released from my mighty spell. Perhaps we can use this as an opportunity to allow me to practice the tongues of nature?"

Alice quickly switches gears and sets about coaching you in the art of speaking to bears. You find the process to be somewhat complicated, but with your companion's help eventually you open communication with the cubs. 1d20 = 12 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 5(Trainer's Skill) + 1(Tattoos) = 15

{Where did momma go?}

{Your mother is dead. The glowy green light ate her all up!}

{Waaaaaaaaaaaaah. No we are gonnna die!}

{No you are not. I shall take care of you three. Follow me!}

{Yaaaaaay!}

You are now faced with a bit of a decision, notwithstanding Alice's offer. You are still hungry, but you are not sure if hunting with three vulnerable bear cubs is the best idea. You also note that Alice seems to have soiled herself in fear, and could use a chance to tidy up and change pants.

-Hrmmm... should I return to the tower or keep moving?-

New 'Gift' Available!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2012, 05:37:29 am »

Are we some kind of damned elven ranger to care about those cubs? Betray them and have a nice meal!

Converting Alice is a tempting idea, but I doubt that her father would allow that even of she ask

Impregnating on the other hand... Her father wouldn't know if she doesn't tell, right? Let's eat the cubs and than take Alice to some river\lake to allow the girl to wash herself. We may wash, too.
 Then we'll consider having a funny time if she doesn't change her mind
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:39:19 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2012, 05:44:08 am »

But wouldn't having combat war bears to do our bidding be awesome? We could eon manipulate them to adulthood, but it would be risky.
llLet her wash at a river or something
We could even watch, we can turn somewhat invisible

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2012, 05:49:31 am »

But wouldn't having combat war bears to do our bidding be awesome?

Awesome but unpractical...
1) We need to feed them,
2) War bears are very anti-stealth
3) We will fight against elves, and they may be able to reconvert bears
4) Bears are hard to use outside forests
5) We are hungry

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2012, 05:50:31 am »

We should A] let Alice go back to the tower with the bears to wash up. B] keep the bears for eventual training and/or emergency rations and C] try using a combination of stealth and hypnosis in the nearby river to catch and devour delicious fish.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2012, 05:52:11 am »

Yeah, lets let her go back to the tower with the cubs, we can figure out what to do with them later, but with training they *could* make handy guards. Let us attempt to hunt on our own.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2012, 05:54:08 am »

Going fishing is a good idea, indeed. But I see no need to return to the tower if there are water source nearby. Alice may wash there.. Also bear cubs may be even able to catch some fish for themselves.

But  I still dislike the pets idea and would prefer to eat some bear meat

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2012, 05:57:01 am »

Are we some kind of damned elven ranger to care about those cubs? Betray them and have a nice meal!

Converting Alice is a tempting idea, but I doubt that her father would allow that even of she ask

Impregnating on the other hand... Her father wouldn't know if she doesn't tell, right? Let's eat the cubs and than take Alice to some river\lake to allow the girl to wash herself. We may wash, too.
 Then we'll consider having a funny time if she doesn't change her mind

It is not about kindness, it is about having too few allies in a strange and mostly hostile world. Also, to impregnate her we would need to turn her, it is the Night Troll way. I think we should consider her offer, but not accept it outright. Be kind to her, and assure her we will not force her to do something she does not want to do. It is very nice having the option to turn her if we need to, but we shouldn't play the card right away. Sometimes merely holding the best hand gives a lot of power.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2012, 06:03:40 am »

If we keep cubs,eventual hunting training so they bring us spare food
If we don't,stockpile in form of accelerating their time then keeping them looped(insta bear food if hungry)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2012, 06:05:58 am »

It is not about kindness, it is about having too few allies in a strange and mostly hostile world.
It's not about evilnesses, it about usefulness. And hunger

Also, to impregnate her we would need to turn her, it is the Night Troll way.

Are we really can impregnate only another night troll? Or any mating will change the mate even if we don't want to? I haven't seen anything in the thread about it

Be kind to her, and assure her we will not force her to do something she does not want to do.
Definitely, that's why I wrote - if she doesn't change her mind. Also it's a roleplay, we have a virgin troll and an alluring  female, aren't we far  too cool headed?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 143