Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221316 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #915 on: December 09, 2012, 02:55:06 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, we may tell Alice about the Gift of Puppetry and it's effects.
I think we can use a puppet consort to impregnate her with utility, not very useful gifts, some of the resulted sons may be puppets too.

Alice is concerned for her safety, so you bring up the Gift of Puppetry. "I have this one gift... it will turn the person in question into a puppet. I could order them to leave you alone. I assure you, at least in the case of the one I use that gift on, the consort created will do you no harm." 1d20 = 13 + 1(Skill) + 1(Perk) = 15

The girl pauses for a second, before accepting your guarantee and giving you some information. "Alright. Two names for you then. Micarlyn is a member of the Druid of Dawnmaiden's Harem. She was chosen for that role from birth, and trained in the harmless arts of language and theoretical magic. Two months ago she wrote a pamphlet casting tiger people in a bad light. I cannot forgive that. I was just going to poison her next time we slipped away from town together, but I would be glad to see her made your puppet instead. She doesn't know I hate her now, so I should have no trouble luring her to the tower."

Alice shudders a bit as she mentions the next potential victim. "Lichen is this old dwarven broad who tags along with her even older merchant brother. She is usually in Dawnmaiden or Oakworshiped at this time of year. She is actually a madam, and her advances on me were just an attempt to land me in her stable of whores. She would have gotten away with it too if Rox didn't pull my ass from the fire. I hear rumors that she practices necromancy to cater to clients who want to... you know... with the undead..."

The thought is enough to turn your friend green. She takes a second to recover and speaks softly "Getting her will be tough. The caravan run by Lichen and her brother has at least 10 guards, and she wont be fool enough for me to lead her to you. You might just want to kill them, and take whatever living prostitutes are left."

You nod. "I'll consider those. I may send you to Dawnmaiden to research Lichen's location or bring back Micarlyn for me to turn."

With that you end the conversation by ordering Alice to help you to the roof. You filter out the racket and stench produced by the Lovebird colony, and find the lock-box where you left it. The box is too heavy for you to handle with a broken leg, and Alice's mortal strengh can barely handle it, so you decide to just give it a good looking over for now. It doesn't appear enchanted; just locked. Your mom once told you however that the best way to enchant a container is on the inside; so nobody can see what traps you have woven until it is opened.

The fact that the box is illogically heavy also implies a degree of magic about it. You decide to leave it where it is for now.

---

Intentional double post to bump it with  a suggestion

Shouldn't we check the information about the flowers? If we find flowers, then ambush (together with Alice) is required. It's not like we can't cast due to broken. May read the alchemy book and\or fire book while waiting for ambush. Luckily we can  read at night

You remain on the roof at night and watch for the flower leaver as the sun sets. It is a long wait, but eventually, just around midnight, you spot a party of three walk up to the bottom of the hill on which your tower stands and stop. Just as you are about to head downstairs and downhill to ambush them however you spot a fourth figure approaching; Gwendolyn. 1d20 = 13 + 1(Your eyes work better in the dark) = 14

The consort approaches the intruders unseen. As soon as she closes the distance she charges, grappling one of them and blinking uphill away from the others. Gwen uses the shock of the sudden warp to gag her victim from speaking an wrestle it into submission. She then carries the prisoner up to the tower's front door. You check that neither of the other two intruders are following Gwendolyn before going downstairs to meet her. 1d20 = 19 + 2(Gwen's Skill) - 2(Gwen is Freakish Tall) = 19

The prisoner is a strange woman. Her skin is blueish green and she wears lots of seashell jewelry and piercings. Her body is covered in flowering plants that both your female allies are quick to tell you grown only underwater. She is unarmed. She refuses to speak when questioned and is not nearly afraid as she should be.

You have her stripped of her cloak and flowers and throw her in a cell in the dungeon. You tell Alice to watch the prisoner while you  have a brief reunion with Gwen.

Gwendolyn pulls you into one of her lanky four limb embraces and allows you to suckle a strand of her gold and red hair while she gives you a debriefing of her most recent adventure. "Got two souls. The second one was harvested in a clumsy fashion, and I got caught. I gave the humans a courtesy warning that the Night Trolls would rise again before blinking away from the lynch mod."

"So you can heal me?"

The consort smiles and playfully tongues the inside of your nose for a bit before answering. "I can try. I could boost one of your possessions to slowly heal you. It would take a few days for an item like that to deal with a broken bone, but it would be a nice toy to have in the long run. Alternatively I could just try to enchant your body into healing itself. That would be a one-off thing though."

You pucker up to consider your options over a long kiss. About 30 seconds in you both blush as your foot ends up somewhere beneath her loincloth. Your boyish sensibilities scream for you to remove the offending extremity from its current position, break away from the embrace, and get back to business; yet your instincts suggest that you may want to attend to the survival of your species before worrying about your individual health or the prisoner.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:59:33 am by Weirdsound »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 09, 2012, 04:56:51 am »

Interesting options. puppet necromancer is cool... And who knows what whores we may find. But it wouldn't be easy, and probably will require us healed. I think we should note that, and visit her when we will be stronger. Also, for roleplayish reasons I'd like to see our hero as an anti-necromancer. because zombies.... eeeew

I like druid more, because we may  order her to teach us and anyone we want... Elven secrets isn't something useless to bring into the family

Prisoner... is interesting should interrogate first, then we may decide what to do

Healing. I'd enchant the steel buckler, because wearing it is useful. And no to enchanting our body... 1) we barely tolerate  usage of souls on items and one time usage is even worse than making useful items 2) failed roll on item may destroy that item, failed roll on our body....

But let's return to the more urgent situation. We have our beloved wife that showed herself as a competent hunter (should congratulate her) , she is in a right mood and our instincts kicking in... I am sure that it's time to spend a gift. The first gift to be precise.  Probably we may find a better target for the first gift but our mutual feelings with Gwen is more important... We should gift her the GIFT
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 09, 2012, 05:47:40 am »

Yes.  Our first child should really have that first gift, after all, and we can depend on Gwen to nuture it until it is weaned.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:14 am »

Yes.  Our first child should really have that first gift, after all, and we can depend on Gwen to nuture it until it is weaned.
Third time I've +1'd this
I want a magically assassination baby

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 09, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

I wonder if Alice could take care of it?

She's loyal, and it could show we trust her if we let her take care of our first child when we're not available to do so ourselves.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 09, 2012, 12:43:46 pm »

Well, necromancy would help you with that army you want to field.  Zombies won't require as much upkeep as... well... any other kind of soldier.
And they aren't that disgusting, if you use them for fighting.  What she's using them for.... ugh.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 09, 2012, 12:46:34 pm »

It will but I don't like that storywise, I want to see our night troll more noble than that

And having an army is only one of the possible story direction, making babies and sending wifes with their sons all over the world is another
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 09, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »

It will but I don't like that storywise, I want to see our night troll more noble than that

And having an army is only one of the possible story direction, making babies and sending wifes with their sons all over the world is another
A noble night creature?  You do realize we're basically rapists? 
Our wife?  Yeah, that bit wasn't consensual.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prisoner... is interesting should interrogate first, then we may decide what to do

Healing. I'd enchant the steel buckler, because wearing it is useful. And no to enchanting our body... 1) we barely tolerate  usage of souls on items and one time usage is even worse than making useful items 2) failed roll on item may destroy that item, failed roll on our body....

But let's return to the more urgent situation. We have our beloved wife that showed herself as a competent hunter (should congratulate her) , she is in a right mood and our instincts kicking in... I am sure that it's time to spend a gift. The first gift to be precise.  Probably we may find a better target for the first gift but our mutual feelings with Gwen is more important... We should gift her the GIFT

"Gwen. You did real good on the hunting trip. Real good. Before we start on the enchanting I would like to reward you by paying the highest honor I could ever pay anybody." You dig your foot in a bit deeper to drive home the point.

Before Gwendolyn can respond your body begin to glow a sickly black as the gift you intend to transfer is pushed to the surface. The sight of the black glow is enough to trigger the consort's instincts. With a giggle she begins drooling and removing the clothes required to proceed, and then the pair of you get to work.

---

Gwendolyn sees to it that the intimacy lasts far longer than is required for a simple gift transferal. Finally, after a bit more than an hour of various activities seemingly designed to both gross out and intrigue your young mind she relents. The consort mops up most of the mess left behind with her tongue and helps you get back into your pants (which proves difficult to do with a broken leg).

You offer Gwendolyn a brief explanation of the gestation process. The baby will develop via exposure to fear. Your father always used the formula of 2 live feedings for each trait the baby would have. This means that Gwendolyn would have to skillfully eat 8 people, 10 if the baby inherits her warping powers. She can, and likely will, collect fear in other ways in the process so you doubt she will need quite that many. You warn her that after the first few the pregnancy will begin to manifest itself, perhaps hindering her hunting efforts. You promise to provide victims for her when it comes to that.

Tossing Gwendolyn your buckler, you instruct her to enchant it with the offered healing powers before heading downstairs to interrogate the prisoner.

---

Alice informs you that the strange blue-skinned girl refuses to talk. You dismiss the human from the room and get to work yourself.

Introducing yourself as the master of the tower, you explain you have the right to at the very least know the name of your captive. To your surprise this merits an answer. 1d20 = 15 + 1 = 16

"I am Kelpmier III."

Kelpmier... a strange name not fitting any civilization you know of. You spend a few hours trying to get more out of her, but she remains silent. None the less you are able to figure out a bit via observation.

She is strangely confident. You suspect she may be planning to escape and doesn't expect much difficulty in doing so. Perhaps she can cast, or her jewelry is enchanted. You also begin to suspect that she is rather young, and make a mental note to apply your understanding of youth psychology to her in your future dealings.

You call Alice back down to keep an eye on her, instructing the human to be careful, before going upstairs to collect your new buckler. Sadly it would seem that Gwendolyn's streak of usefulness has finally come to an end. The buckler is still unenchanted, and it would seem that she has already wasted one of her stored souls trying to get it to work. 1d20 = 6 + 2(Gwen's Skill) = 8

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:50 pm »

Thecard, Not human nobleness... We have another morals.  We are quite noble with Alice for example.  I quite regret that we killed the elf after we promised that we'll not too... I simply forgot about the fact

Ask Gwen if we can help increase chances of success somehow, if not just hope that soul will not be wasted and let her try again

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 09, 2012, 03:22:27 pm »

Also try to figure out how to get live victims for Gwen.

...No, on second thought don't threaten the prisoner with being eaten, it'll make her hate us more.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 09, 2012, 03:35:11 pm »

Maybe we should attempt to enchant something that does not require us to constantly keep one hand occupied? A necklace perhaps?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 09, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »

Maybe we should attempt to enchant something that does not require us to constantly keep one hand occupied? A necklace perhaps?
Maybe something hard to notice, like a piercing?
But the elf necklace might work well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 09, 2012, 03:43:55 pm »

Necklace sounds good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 09, 2012, 03:56:26 pm »

Forcefully interrogate prisoner,  replace her meals with dirt, get dirt from earth magicks
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 143