Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221313 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #945 on: December 10, 2012, 07:34:47 am »

Yay, Amazon Brigade...

Anyways, I suggest we say something like, "I'm sorry, but I do not know the prayer. My father was not religious, so I had no way of learning any of the rituals of Nocteclaw. I would, however, very much like to learn. Could you teach me?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 10, 2012, 07:45:52 am »

I see one little problem. Can we be sure that we can trust the mermaid? What if she'll force us to say some prayer that is bad for us?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 10, 2012, 11:05:02 am »

I see one little problem. Can we be sure that we can trust the mermaid? What if she'll force us to say some prayer that is bad for us?

I'll go one further.
Can we trust anything she just said is true?
DO NOT RELEASE HER.
Ask our good old friend if he wants to "question" a mermaid that told us her family will be trying to kill his.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 10, 2012, 11:09:54 am »

No, no, no. Giving her in hands of Foghorn = losing her

And judging by our knowledge about merfolks her words looks true
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 10, 2012, 11:10:25 am »

I would not be against starting an underwater Night Troll race by converting the mermaid and impregnating her, then shipping her and the kid off to the water eventually.

I just don't know the logistics of it... Maybe a swimming pool in the tower to keep the water-borne Night Troll and consort that result from that wet until we can be sure they'll survive in the oceans?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 10, 2012, 02:26:43 pm »

Yay, Amazon Brigade...

Anyways, I suggest we say something like, "I'm sorry, but I do not know the prayer. My father was not religious, so I had no way of learning any of the rituals of Nocteclaw. I would, however, very much like to learn. Could you teach me?"
This.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 10, 2012, 02:28:00 pm »

Yay, Amazon Brigade...

This.
Agreed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 10, 2012, 05:50:01 pm »

I'll go one further.
Can we trust anything she just said is true?
DO NOT RELEASE HER.
Ask our good old friend if he wants to "question" a mermaid that told us her family will be trying to kill his.
Her family will be trying to kill Foghorn and his family.
Yet another reason not to convert Alice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 10, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »

Isn't that reason to convert Alice? She would be harder to kill and they should be more  reluctant to kill a night troll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 10, 2012, 06:06:21 pm »

Isn't that reason to convert Alice? She would be harder to kill and they should be more  reluctant to kill a night troll
On the other hand, they would want to kill US. And it's debatable how much being a night troll really helps in combat. No pain, sure, but that's as much a curse as a boon...
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 10, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »

Either we stay Foghorn's ally and get merfolk enemies, or we become merfolk friends and Foghorn enemy.  There are no other "safe" option. Yes, we got some enemies, congratulations

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 10, 2012, 06:40:45 pm »

Or we could ally the mermaid and, with her help, convince the other merfolk to not kill Foghorn. Worst comes to worst, we don't tell Foghorn that we were working with the merfolk.
Sig

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 10, 2012, 06:43:29 pm »

Eh... not really much of a choice. I'd much rather have foghorn and alice behind me than some random mermaids. Besides, we don't know if we can convince the other merfolk to help us. I agree with the religious contrition angle for Kelpmier III. Bemoan our stunted upbringing.
Finally, I don't think Foghorn has any problems with mer in general, Its just that a few of them want him dead. It might still be a good idea to send Alice to warn him later, though.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 10, 2012, 06:53:55 pm »

Or we could ally the mermaid and, with her help, convince the other merfolk to not kill Foghorn.
Mermaid said that this is impossible. If you hope that our communication skill is that good. Good luck

It might still be a good idea to send Alice to warn him later, though.
Alice have magic mirror to contact with her father any moment she want. And likely she will do no matter if we ask her or not. We may try to force her not too, but that's a way to ruin our friendship

Quote from: Weirdsound link=topic=118808.msg3861839#msg3861839 [b
Your communication skill went up! I'm in a rush and will figure out what that means for your perks and skills when I get back home![/b]

And GM... let me remind that :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 10, 2012, 07:30:37 pm »

Or we could ally the mermaid and, with her help, convince the other merfolk to not kill Foghorn.
Mermaid said that this is impossible. If you hope that our communication skill is that good. Good luck
Well, with out communication skills not ideal, I'd advise more...unsubtle methods of persuasion. Make sure they understand that Foghorn has powerful allies, imply that we're terrified of some of them, use the same logic as we did on our captured mermaid, and flee if it turns bad. What do we have to lose? Worst-case scenario, we timeshift out before they hurt us too much. Maybe listen to ourselves if we send a note to ourselves warning against talking with them and send a note back if it turns nasty...

It might still be a good idea to send Alice to warn him later, though.
Alice have magic mirror to contact with her father any moment she want. And likely she will do no matter if we ask her or not. We may try to force her not too, but that's a way to ruin our friendship
So remind her to contact him.

Eh... not really much of a choice. I'd much rather have foghorn and alice behind me than some random mermaids. Besides, we don't know if we can convince the other merfolk to help us.
I'd rather try for both.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 143