Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515034 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Preparing For War
« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2013, 09:55:38 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2013, 07:35:06 pm »

So, Cyber attack launched on south Korea. That seems important. And relevant. And it is my patriotic duty to keep this thread, and the fear of war, ALIVE!

It seems almost certain to be de north.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2013, 08:28:51 am »

Here's a likely course for NK to pursue:

1. Raise the ante by scrapping the ceasefire treaties (check)
2. Convince the US to enter peace treaty negotiations.
3. Some of the embargos and sanctions are lifted.
4. Export to US
5. Literally profit.

Beijing doesn't have much sway with NK anymore. They got fed up of lapping up the scraps Beijing gave them.

Also, if the US doesn't enter peace negotiations, they sell nukes to Iran and profit anyways. Win-win.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2013, 09:12:05 am »

Either way, North Korea is powerless. I have defeated their only potato.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2013, 09:25:32 am »

Either way, North Korea is powerless. I have defeated their only potato.
And thus starved thousands of innnocent people. Are you proud of what you've done ?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2013, 10:17:52 am »

Also, if the US doesn't enter peace negotiations, they sell nukes to Iran and profit anyways. Win-win.
And how exactly do you expect them to ship nukes to Iran? China isn't going to help that and South Korea certainly isn't. If they try to send one themselves it'll run straight into the Seventh Fleet and be captured.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:20 am »

They could use their ICBMs, and simply not prime the bombs.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2013, 11:03:37 am »

Given that the US has proven that the only way to have geopolitical sway is to have nukes. It really does feel like a win-win for them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:04 am »

They could use their ICBMs, and simply not prime the bombs.
As I recall, their missiles do not qualify as ICBMs. Also, if they launch it is war, primed or not.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:22 am »

War between North Korea and Iran? I'm on board, mostly because I want to see how they'd actually go about the business of physically conducting it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:24 am »

War between North Korea and Iran? I'm on board, mostly because I want to see how they'd actually go about the business of physically conducting it.

Iran would likely win.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:41 am »

No, war between North Korea and the US. If any of their missiles are nuclear-armed and leave North Korea in any direction, it is pretty much certain to result in war. At the very least it will be shot down, but I don't think it'll stop there.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2013, 11:17:21 am »

No, war between North Korea and the US. If any of their missiles are nuclear-armed and leave North Korea in any direction, it is pretty much certain to result in war. At the very least it will be shot down, but I don't think it'll stop there.

Shot down how? AFAIK the US doesn't have a functioning missile defense system for combating ICBMs yet. Unless I'm just totally reading that article wrong.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 22, 2013, 11:19:51 am »

Or at least, they'll try to shoot it down. Missile defense systems are hard. I doubt they'd do better than a 75% interception rate. (Note: Not counting any Korean rockets that explode or their own, or a similair mechanical failure that can not be attributed to the defense system)

Shot down how? AFAIK the US doesn't have a functioning missile defense system for combating ICBMs yet. Unless I'm just totally reading that article wrong.
They got an entire fleet with missile interception weaponry lying around Korea.

In specific, the Aegis and Patriot missile defense systems. The system doesn't has a complete coverage, but they can open point blank fire on any Korean rocket.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2013, 12:03:03 pm »

Here's a likely course for NK to pursue:

1. Raise the ante by scrapping the ceasefire treaties (check)
2. Convince the US to enter peace treaty negotiations.
3. Some of the embargos and sanctions are lifted.
4. Export to US
5. Literally profit.

Beijing doesn't have much sway with NK anymore. They got fed up of lapping up the scraps Beijing gave them.
I sorta think you're wrong on this one.Mostly because they don't simply give scraps, they literally run their entire economy. it more like their acting out against them, trying to avoid being a new province. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/22/china-stops-oil-exports-north-korea-possibly-punis/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

And they are failing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 341