Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140767 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2015, 03:11:56 pm »

I cannot use workshops.  I do not see a "Tab" option anywhere.  No matter how many times I press R and T, it never comes across a "use workshops" option.  I have tried with the objects (raw turtles) on the ground, in my inventory, and in my hands.  It does not work.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2015, 12:44:14 am »

I cannot use workshops.  I do not see a "Tab" option anywhere.  No matter how many times I press R and T, it never comes across a "use workshops" option.  I have tried with the objects (raw turtles) on the ground, in my inventory, and in my hands.  It does not work.

I get this problem sometimes myself.  From what I've seen something in the workshop is missing to keep it from being fully functional.  For example if trying to use a magmaforge which doesn't have access to magma the (tab) option won't list while advfort mode is on.  Perhaps the workshop you are trying to use is missing something vital?  If it's not you just need to be in the workshop while in advfort mode (the option to scroll through the additional advfort functions are listed in the top center) and under the the functions (not one of the scrollable functions but literally below them) you should be able to see (Tab)

Hope that helps.

Bowen
I don't mind learning life's lessons from "The School of Hard Knocks," but taking the refresher courses from there kills me.

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:02 am »

Has anybody found a way to use Advfort to heal companion's injuries?  I know it's superficial as simply waiting, sleeping, or travelling will restore all but death, dismemberment, and brain damage for them, but I figure if I can make a table for them to lie on I should be able to somehow diagnose them and treat them.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to move my victims *cough* companions onto said table, so I can torture um treat them. >_>
I don't mind learning life's lessons from "The School of Hard Knocks," but taking the refresher courses from there kills me.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2015, 07:59:36 am »

Has anybody found a way to use Advfort to heal companion's injuries?  I know it's superficial as simply waiting, sleeping, or travelling will restore all but death, dismemberment, and brain damage for them, but I figure if I can make a table for them to lie on I should be able to somehow diagnose them and treat them.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to move my victims *cough* companions onto said table, so I can torture um treat them. >_>
Unfortunately haven't worked out how to do that yet. The problem is that victimes helpers are hard to make hurt prepare to test out if it's working. And usually they don't stay put.
Also it might need the "hospital" designation and that is not yet in at all.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 26, 2015, 02:09:48 am »

Unfortunately haven't worked out how to do that yet. The problem is that victimes helpers are hard to make hurt prepare to test out if it's working. And usually they don't stay put.
Also it might need the "hospital" designation and that is not yet in at all.
have you tried using the grab/mount scripts to keeping a person in place long enough to 'experiment' on them?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2015, 11:32:38 am »

have you tried using the grab/mount scripts to keeping a person in place long enough to 'experiment' on them?

What scripts are these?  Do you mean wrestling?  Cause I think that would make my victims er um patients go lethal on me.  And I haven't found a way to interact with the table while wrestling... That sounds like WWE stuff anyway.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

oh sorry it was a comment for warmist, the grab/mount scripts are side dfhack lua scripts that poke into unit ...
it's scripts that activate fort mode's drag and mount on units, you seen in bring animals to pen jobs or raiders or caravans or for mounts babies and mothers you can do that in adventure mode with dfhack.
it's completely nonlethal to the user if you have them friendly to begin with.
it has to do with the unit.relationship options in dwarf fortress.
I think those 2 options was suppose to be in dfhack but were kinda on the 'cheaty' side as you can use it on any unit and make chains of units attached to one another, also softlock your adventurer if you decide to slap them on top of a unit as the rider loses all control of movement while the mount just gains another person that attacks and takes hits.
I think it's possible to stack multiple riders onto a single mount  but no multiple mounts for a single rider.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 04, 2015, 12:27:44 pm »

So, I happily forged all kinds of stuff, and then used my cheated skills and awesome eq to skip through a dark tower all the way down to hell decapitating any moving thing on my way.  While down there I decided to use the "Imbue with material" on my masterwork adamantine sword imbuing it with the chitin of a Ceratopsid Fiend.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but sadly made my sword pathetic (my attempts to behead things were deflected by cave spider silk).  So I decided to make another magma forge and make me another candy sword, but I've come across what I think is a scripting error.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure exactly what this means but it seems to me that the game is having trouble finding suitable materials requisite to making a magma forge.  Unfortunately having both a candy wafer and an anvil in my inventory and on the floor at my feet leads to the same result: no magma forge being produced.

I also tried turning it off and turning it back on but get the same result.  As I'm not a IT person that's about the limit of my abilities to fix the problem without appealing for help.  I don't know if this is a bug or if it's a game feature that you can't build things properly after going to hell (never been there before), but I think I have learned my lessons 1. Don't imbue things I actually use with anything else and 2. to never go to hell again.

Anybody wanting to weigh in on my discoveries are more than welcome.

Sincerely,

Bowen

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 04, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

I don't think a candy wafer is actually a suitable item, magma safe it may be but it might need to be flagged specifically.

Dragon materials are all magma-safe as it gets but I can make forges out of them either.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 04, 2015, 04:05:43 pm »

I don't think a candy wafer is actually a suitable item, magma safe it may be but it might need to be flagged specifically.

Dragon materials are all magma-safe as it gets but I can make forges out of them either.

It should work...

@Bowen: try updating advfort (do 3rd and 4th steps in first post) maybe something got fixed on the way

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 04, 2015, 08:44:42 pm »

A single wafer  and an anvil is all I've needed before and it's worked fine.

It should work...

@Bowen: try updating advfort (do 3rd and 4th steps in first post) maybe something got fixed on the way

I tried that, no luck.   The numbers after .lua are higher by about 95 but otherwise it's the same error.  I was thinking that it may be because I created some unknown thing when imbuing my sword and that's getting in the way of proper scripts... Aha!  I gave the sword to a lord (I don't want it destroyed after it killed so many goblins and trolls) and now I can build again.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 05, 2015, 01:17:09 am »

Oh wow that is super strange...

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 12, 2015, 08:32:25 am »

So, um... what's this imbue thing supposed to do anyway?  All it seems to do is change the name of the materials of my items into other materials while saying "you make nothing" or something like that.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #343 on: November 12, 2015, 08:25:01 pm »

That's...  That's not vanilla.  I believe you're playing a mod.  Advfort shouldn't create new reactions.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 12, 2015, 11:42:53 pm »

How exactly do I go about smelting down Coke items? Like Lignite and Bituminous, etc. It doesn't show up on the Smelter.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31