Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode  (Read 77437 times)

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Everything Gnome Mode
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2016, 12:38:09 am »

hey i have a neat suggestion- i think that if you tame a animal via the nature shrine , u should instantly get some general familairity of said animal so you dont have it for as long as it doesent revert too semi-wild then fully wild state.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2016, 04:35:28 pm »

Wrong place, bad English, can't understand the suggestion.

What are you trying to say? You get familiar with the animal until it is wild? You get familiar so it doesn't get wild?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

sisso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »

You get familiar so it doesn't get wild?

I understand this one.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2016, 05:27:34 pm »

Hey, I have a neat suggestion - I think that if you tame a animal via the nature shrine, you should instantly get some general familiarity with the animal so you don't have it for as long as it doesn't revert to the semi-wild then fully wild state.

I still don't get it, and I've even fixed the English!

"I have an idea. If you use the nature shrine to tame an animal, you should get familiar with the species of the animal..." Yes, I agree. Except taming an animal makes it and its offspring tame forever. Do you mean train?

"so you don't have it for as long as it doesn't revert to  the semi-wild then fully wild state."

I'm lost again. You don't have the animal, as long as it's not wild? Dafuq?

You get familiar so it doesn't get wild?

I understand this one.

Is that... a euphemism for something? Innuendo? I guess "familiarity" could imply something sexual, but I'm a little lost.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2016, 07:31:47 pm »

I think he's talking about leaving the shrine on repeat and thus not noticing when he snatches something out of the wild; because at that point, you've got a semi-wild animal that hasn't been assigned a trainer and it's steadily getting closer to your fortress' meeting areas when suddenly it reverts to being wild and you get nothing- or worse, it got close enough to your war-animals that they attack it and lower you nature score. Having a higher "knowledge" (general familiarity) stat on the species would help that situation, because you'd have more time to notice and give it training before it reverted. Though frankly, that could be avoided altogether by paying more attention to your Alerts screen, because IIRC it lets you know when you've lured something to the Gnome side of the Force.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2016, 08:05:53 pm »

Ah, I see.
Sigtext!

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 02, 2016, 04:59:05 pm »

sorry, i forgot i posted this a while ago. a problem i was having is that , id get animals via the recruit animals from animal shrine, then id have too like, wait while they are in cages for them too become wild then re-train them , rinse repeat till i get some general knowledge of the animal. if we got general knowledge of any animal we tamed via the natural shrine immediatly after we tamed it, it would make it more usable and convenient

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 03, 2016, 11:29:32 am »

I miss the gnomes! Any chance they will be brought over to the new revision???
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #413 on: June 03, 2016, 11:38:41 am »

I miss the gnomes! Any chance they will be brought over to the new revision???
Send a PM to IndigoFenix, he is their author.

I removed them for now, because most features were not working, due to heavy reliance on dfhack scripts that dont work with the new version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »

I did make a new version of most of the powered workshop stuff for IndigoFenix quite a while ago, but he never did anything with them (they should still work with only minor changes).

If anyone is interested the last version I made is over here.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2016, 01:05:59 pm »

If that still works, I'll see about rebuilding the raws.  Just as long as it's something I can do with minimal fort mode testing.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2016, 12:21:42 pm »

i would really enjoy seeing the gnomes back (btw are the warloks still on the mod? i havent found any)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #417 on: August 29, 2016, 07:52:13 pm »

Just adding my voice to the "we'd like to see the gnomes again" chouire.

One of my favorite things with the goblins was their reliance on DF machinery in a way that no other race does. Sure, dorfs could still use some nifty trap-rooms, but a solid hammer to the face tends to be more than enough to calm any invader down. I remember building this huge pumpstack as the gnomes, pumping water up to hill from the caverns, using it to feed our drowning chamber. As the water reached the roof, we'd open floodgates on the sides, releasing our clockwork sharks upon the enemy, who were less likely to be able to fight back while submerged. Good times...

I also understand that it's a lot of work creating mods like this one! Great work so far anyway, I'll remember the gnomes as the homocidal little bastards that they are :)
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 16, 2016, 09:57:53 am »

Just adding my voice to the "we'd like to see the gnomes again" chouire.

One of my favorite things with the goblins was their reliance on DF machinery in a way that no other race does. Sure, dorfs could still use some nifty trap-rooms, but a solid hammer to the face tends to be more than enough to calm any invader down. I remember building this huge pumpstack as the gnomes, pumping water up to hill from the caverns, using it to feed our drowning chamber. As the water reached the roof, we'd open floodgates on the sides, releasing our clockwork sharks upon the enemy, who were less likely to be able to fight back while submerged. Good times...

I also understand that it's a lot of work creating mods like this one! Great work so far anyway, I'll remember the gnomes as the homocidal little bastards that they are :)
i always used the drilling rig to bring up liquids. its why i love gnomes- u can have lava without the labor of having to build a pump stack. id love them in 43.05, but it would be quite a hard task.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2016, 02:47:11 pm »

also, a bit offtopic, but i have been having a bug with gnomes: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160585.0
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29