Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 268

Author Topic: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread  (Read 441350 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: DF2014 Question and Answer Thread
« Reply #2340 on: December 22, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »

You may be thinking of an x-leather book. I'm not sure if they were called "bound", as that was not a thing until DF2015. The parchment? Sure, can be leather. But not the binding.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MeanMe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 22, 2015, 05:37:11 pm »

My Clothesmaker has a mood, the secretive kind. Takes over a Clothier's.

Requests are: Stacked Cloth (2s), Square Blocks (2s), Rough Gems (6s), Forest (2s), Skeletons (2s), in that order.

He picks up two pieces of cloth and I have all kinds, silk, yarn 'n fiber. Then stops. So I assume he's stuck on the blocks part. I had a ton of rock blocks and some wood ones, but apparently those were NG. He likes Marble, but got none of that in the map. He also likes Electrum so I made some electrum blocks and when that doesn't work a few from other metals just to feel good. Nada.

I move to clay, make some earthenware bricks, then in desperation I make some glass blocks. That's all the block types yet he doesn't budge. I got a big pile of raw gems and wood 'n just butchered a yak and a lama so ought not be due to lack of bones either. Am I missing something absolutely obvious?

I think this is the second time in a row with this happening due to blocks. I think the last guy who wanted them eventually went berserk because I didn't baby him. This time it's a legendary crafter so I'm a bit more protective.

Oh and since I'm asking, is there something up with hauling corpses of non citizens? A couple of adventurers started a ruckus as the inn and the dwarves absolutely refused to haul the bodies anywhere even after I waited forever and have a refuse pile for that. Same thing happened with the elven thief who died to a rock trap.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:40:08 pm by MeanMe »

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 22, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

An ocean wave can't cause any [serious] harm to a dwarf, right?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 22, 2015, 06:49:56 pm »

Am I missing something absolutely obvious?

Did you get wood? o3o

If you're got all that, including all 3 types of cloth, you might simply be screwed. Might want to build around him to wall the poor sod in in case he goes berserk. Then it's all a matter of praying a caravan arrives in time.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2344 on: December 22, 2015, 06:52:35 pm »

Sentients go into the corpse pile now.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 22, 2015, 06:55:13 pm »

Sentients go into the corpse pile now.

Dagnabit Toady. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 22, 2015, 07:32:17 pm »

My Clothesmaker has a mood, the secretive kind. Takes over a Clothier's.

Requests are: Stacked Cloth (2s), Square Blocks (2s), Rough Gems (6s), Forest (2s), Skeletons (2s), in that order.

He picks up two pieces of cloth and I have all kinds, silk, yarn 'n fiber. Then stops. So I assume he's stuck on the blocks part. I had a ton of rock blocks and some wood ones, but apparently those were NG. He likes Marble, but got none of that in the map. He also likes Electrum so I made some electrum blocks and when that doesn't work a few from other metals just to feel good. Nada.

I move to clay, make some earthenware bricks, then in desperation I make some glass blocks. That's all the block types yet he doesn't budge. I got a big pile of raw gems and wood 'n just butchered a yak and a lama so ought not be due to lack of bones either. Am I missing something absolutely obvious?

I think this is the second time in a row with this happening due to blocks. I think the last guy who wanted them eventually went berserk because I didn't baby him. This time it's a legendary crafter so I'm a bit more protective.

Oh and since I'm asking, is there something up with hauling corpses of non citizens? A couple of adventurers started a ruckus as the inn and the dwarves absolutely refused to haul the bodies anywhere even after I waited forever and have a refuse pile for that. Same thing happened with the elven thief who died to a rock trap.
Could some items he wants be only in stockpiles that are giving to somewhere else? Or aren't moods also affected by that?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 22, 2015, 07:46:39 pm »

If ammo hits a wall, it drops down. If there is a hole/channel to lower level it is not broken. It can probably fall several levels this way. Can it still do a damage during it's fall, similar to stones from suspended-and-cancelled constructions?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 22, 2015, 07:52:45 pm »

Have elven diplomats been restored?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #2349 on: December 23, 2015, 11:44:02 pm »

Is there any way to read about dance/musical forms, etc. from the Legends mode? In previous versions there was an "Art" section in the legends but it's absent in my new 0.42.03 world.
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 24, 2015, 11:45:45 am »

...so. When Toady made inebriation not show up on the health screen, did he go and break the justice system with regards to drunken actions?

Because I had a dorf get gang-banged and mauled in a bar brawl. Despite clearly suffering mortal wounds due to two fellow drunkards beating the shit out of him, in front of witnesses, the death never showed up on the justice screen.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2351 on: December 24, 2015, 12:09:39 pm »

The brawl stuff is a bug in regards to registered fight intensity. The game doesn't register fistfights as anything but brawl, but at the same time it's easily possible to punch someone to death. This causes it not to show up on the justice screen because as far as the dwarves are concerned there was no possibility of it going wrong, therefore murder didn't happen.

It's on mantis somewhere.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 24, 2015, 12:15:39 pm »

The brawl stuff is a bug in regards to registered fight intensity. The game doesn't register fistfights as anything but brawl, but at the same time it's easily possible to punch someone to death. This causes it not to show up on the justice screen because as far as the dwarves are concerned there was no possibility of it going wrong, therefore murder didn't happen.

It's on mantis somewhere.
Here you go: 9286, "Fistfights don't count as crimes".
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 24, 2015, 12:42:51 pm »

Now I kinda wish we could inflict dystopian arbitrary punishments at will. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 25, 2015, 08:12:33 pm »

If a werebeast gets a crossbow bolt stuck in him, will the bolt remain stuck in him when he transforms back into human form?
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 268