Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432629 times)

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #2055 on: February 20, 2016, 05:16:54 pm »

jwoodward48df
TechnoXan?
Me (Sacasco)
Gwolfski
Sanctume
Taupe
Drazoth
PsychoAngel
TheFlame52

There we go.

Wait who are you?

I'm the person who turned up out of nowhere and actually worked out what the order for turns was. At least, I think I am. Actually, my identity is no longer the same from moment to moment, so I am in fact, the same as the rest of you, a person with no prior experience of anything who shall exist only for an instantaneous fragment of time, when I don't have time to come to terms with existing before my replacement steps in to try to work out the whole thing again. This is the tragedy and the wonder of life, for everything should be full of beauty when you see it for the first time.
Do you ever think "If time can in no real sense be said to exist, and this is my only moment, I really wish I'd chosen a better one"?

... Does that answer your question?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 21, 2016, 12:30:39 am »

I'm the person who turned up out of nowhere and actually worked out what the order for turns was.

Ah, you must be a magician with a heart of gold and the patience of a disabled tortoise-keeper.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:34:15 am by Salmeuk »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 22, 2016, 07:40:59 am »

The dwarf imic had just sent his letter when he noticed that he seemed to be slowing down. He wondered what this was for a second, before being thrust back in time, losing his memory and...

A lone dwarf stood at the path to doomforests, he carried a warhammer in one han... Wait, he though... Was that... Deja vu? How odd. He could have sworn that he had been through this before, but he had only just arrived, so... A lone dwarf trudges towards doomforests, muttering under his breth as he walked.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 22, 2016, 08:31:54 am »

The dwarf imic had just sent his letter when he noticed that he seemed to be slowing down. He wondered what this was for a second, before being thrust back in time, losing his memory and...

A lone dwarf stood at the path to doomforests, he carried a warhammer in one han... Wait, he though... Was that... Deja vu? How odd. He could have sworn that he had been through this before, but he had only just arrived, so... A lone dwarf trudges towards doomforests, muttering under his breth as he walked.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2059 on: February 22, 2016, 03:22:46 pm »

26th Limestone 1071:

I have arrived. After a journey from the mountainhomes into the forbidding wilderness beyond, my harsh trek has finally come to an end. My party of one is to keep this bloody fortress from killing itself for the sustained survival of all dwarvenkind.
There are almost no sane dwarves left, but with stout labor comes some semblance of sanity. Whether by bolt, plow or hook, provide for your dwarves. You are expecting a supply caravan just before winters entombs you, but it is Spring now. Enough time to secure lodging, 'ere the goblins get angry.

A new chapter of Doomforests's history begins here at this place. Strike the... idiots!

---------

Listen up you all! Yes, that means you! and you! I'm the overseer now, see? You left the rutile crown out for me, you knew I was coming. SO LISTEN UP!!

This place is a mess! Covered with vomit, winding tunnels that lead to nowhere. And what does everyone do? Make YET ANOTHER winding tunnel that leads to a "megaproject", or make some "megaproject" outside that everyone goes out to admire and then covers with vomit and then dies to goblins! *wheeze*

I will make no megaproject! My megaproject is Doomforests itself, my challenge keeping all of you idiots alive! So no more wasteful constructions. Military and industry reign supreme! And SOMEBODY GET ME A DRINK! I HAVEN'T HAD A GOOD DRINK OF ALE IN A FEW MONTHS, EVER SINCE I SET OFF ON THIS JOURNEY BECAUSE YOUR LAST... *falls over exhausted*

------

My Journal: Ye gods, did I make a fool of myself. Should've known better than to try and make a dramatic entrance. Now they all think I can do something about this hellhole! I'm a librarian, hehe, the joke's on them. Better see if I can act like a good overseer though, I don't want to see this die on my watch. Couldn't they have gotten a militia captain to lead in the interim instead of me?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 23, 2016, 09:23:31 am »

The dwarf Imic the 23rd wanted to say two things to the new overseer:
Thing one: it was a rutile hat!
Thing two: I am not an idiot
Thing three: Imic personally agreed with his ideas of industry and survival first, meaningless megaprojects last.

Oh well. This should go Relatively well...

I hope...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2061 on: February 23, 2016, 10:39:39 am »

Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2062 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:11 pm »

How was I to tell? It was an empty stockpiles with settings for a "rutile headwear". I took that as a crown, as in unmodded games, you cannot have an non-artifact stone cap. I suppose you can't have a stone cap at all. I don't think anyone's ever worn stone clothing. It sounds much too heavy.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: February 24, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: February 25, 2016, 03:15:00 pm »

*sigh*... What did you find?...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2065 on: February 25, 2016, 06:07:06 pm »

I'm guessing the meme refers to the rutile headwear? I'm working on the write-up for the first month, BTW.
Sigtext!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: February 25, 2016, 06:18:37 pm »

I am a literal trickster spirit, what did you expect?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: February 26, 2016, 01:51:26 am »

sigh i am like a comet. I go sometimes, to see elsewhere, but i always come back... To doomforests.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Kevral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: February 26, 2016, 03:59:57 am »

The hat was still in that stockpile at the start of my round, but I think got carted off half-way through the year during a bulk move to the trade depot. If you're continuing from my half-year.

It won't have been sold though (as I only sold trash). Finding it again though might be a bit rutile.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: February 26, 2016, 01:55:15 pm »

The hat was still in that stockpile at the start of my round, but I think got carted off half-way through the year during a bulk move to the trade depot. If you're continuing from my half-year.

It won't have been sold though (as I only sold trash). Finding it again though might be a bit rutile.
Inventory screen, people.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 144