Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers  (Read 18214 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Breedblades, a Legendary Gelder Fortress- Seeking Overseers
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 09:59:49 am »

This fortress is an excellent idea.  Requesting a dorfing, "Jervill", someone with Masonry/Engraving, Architecture, or Mechanics skills.  If not available, assign at random.
Can do, there is definitely a dorf or two with those skills somewhere...
Do we have an undorfed miner? Preferably female?
Yup, we have a mother miner who is carrying around a miner-in-training.

Will do both dorfings tonight. Tonight or tomorrow I should be finished my turn.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:20 am »

I would like to be able to have a turn, if possible.

Also, could you dorf me? Jwood, please, and I don't care who it is, just male.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:50:16 am by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 12:04:03 pm »

So, my turn in about a day? Good to know.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2014, 01:22:12 am »

15th of Moonstone
The miner who was carrying around a child finaly introduced herself to me while the child was sleeping in her arms. I noticed that the name had come up before, and yes, during the search for an overseer the name "Caroline" was mentioned.

I pointed this out, and she laughed and admitted that she was supposed to have arived by then, but her child caused her a delay.

I decided to journey around today taking note of any other interesting names and found two others.

Spoiler: Additional Dorfings (click to show/hide)

17th of Moonstone
One of NAV's recruits, I think the one training with the iron whip, gave birth today. The ugly squalling only preceded an uglier sound.

Ariving from the south, out for what I can only assume is revenge, is another cyclops, most obviously male. I can only assume the cyclops that attack earlier was his mate, but I could have been mistaken on her gender.

As he approaches, another birth takes place to one of our craftsdwarves. This is not a time to be celebrating, Medtob, get inside or grab a weapon!

The cyclops aproaces the western wall, where construction is still behind! I can see him looking for handholds, and I sweat profusely while waiting for the military to prepare themselves.

20th of Moonstone
The cyclops gave up for now, and headed northwards. Not far, I can still see his eye glaring at me over the wall.

He keeps waving his arms at this gosling that is running about out there. It looks like it's sweating anvils.

Whoops, he caught it. It's dead. And now a wild Kiwi has his attention. As long as he's distracted by the birds...

25th of Moonstone
Cyclopses must need a lot of rest. This one almost fainted when it caught the kiwi it was chasing, and got a nasty clawing for it before the kiwi got batted away and killed. He's still moving, though.

26th of Moonstone
CYCLOPS AT THE WALL!

Oh, wow. He even picked the place where the last one climbed over. Er... At least the wall in that spot is already taller and thicker, but it's not yet complete still.

There are also traps there, now. If he gets over, he will have to do battle surounded by them.

Nope, he moved. Back to the west wall.

27th of Moonstone
NO! Lokum, get back on this side of the wall, now! Stop those climbing shenanigans... too late.

Wow, you're doing a number on the Cyclops... Pull the lever, guys, he needs assistance!

Whoops, too late. He's dead. Poor Lokum.

NAV and his troops rush out of the gate, towards the cyclops.

Yeah, you know you're doomed.

Three lashes and his eye closes, as he can't handle the pain anymore. Then the spearing starts. They make very quick work of it.

The gates are left open, and everyone rushes out to claim the used laundry of the poor mason who jumped over the wall.

4th of Opal
The hunters have decided they would very much like some Holiday Turkey, and shot us some game. I think it will make a lovely roast. Maybe some hen-eggs and Mussels...

So I have the day off tomorrow, I think.
So I should be able to finish up and get the save up then.
The Cyan Menace

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2014, 11:42:59 am »

Win
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2014, 12:18:56 pm »

I am disappoint that there was no cagetrap then geld. :(

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2014, 01:19:27 pm »

I am disappoint that there was no cagetrap then geld. :(
I tried, I was building some behind the walls in order to catch him if he jumped over like the last one, but apparently Mr. Mason decided to jump over first.

Also, interesting to note, this is the first time I've encountered Cyclops; and I happen to encounter two in one year, and defeat them.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

9th of Opal
There's a gremlin in the stairwell! I heard they pull levers!

Well, that's a minor problem; we only have the two levers for controling the gates.

15th of Opal
The last designations for the completion of the wall, ignoring the tough part behind the barracks, were put out today.

As well, the smell of smoke fills the fortress, as the first forges lurch into opperation. Very. Slowly.

I realize the problem is a lack of wood, and ask the woodcutters to leave the fortress and get us some.

22nd of Opal
Oh dear. I just saw someone who I thought I wouldn't see again, except when we would be moving his body to the tomb later...

Besmar, the fisherdwarf killed by the first Cyclops attack, was spotted up and about today. I... really don't know what to say, except 'get to work, you lazy bum, and stop bothering people'.

26th of Opal
It's a sad thing, the father says. He says he hoped Zuntir would learn to feed himself before it happened, but the child has died.

I tell him it was inevitable, and that a baby without a mother couldn't possibly hope to survive that long without a drink. That he lasted as long as he did since the Cyclops got her was amazing.

Besmar agrees. This startles me, and of course I run away from the thing that just floated through the wall.

7th of Obsidian
In order to accomodate the needs... and desires, thank you Besmar... of the dead, we have started construction of the burial site. Two coffins are already being built, and more to come soon.

22nd of Obsidian
Curse the long winter. I have run out of things to cook, fish and meat, and all those good traded from the merchants. Cooked food keeps, but I cannot continue to CREATE under these conditions. Oh, the river, how I wish thy thaw would come.

I am tired of being tormented by this ghostly fisher. I told him that there were several coffins available now, and he responded with a moan about them all being taken. Grrr...

25th of obsidian
I heard the splashing and noise of a running river today! Orange told me, in a rather upset tone, that he had gotten caught out on the river when it thawed, and that he almost hadn't made it out. I let him know that if he's talking to me, he's alive and made it off, so why get mad about it?

This means, too, that fish will be back on my mincing board soon enough. I cannot wait.

31st of Obsidian
I decided today to mark out an area to build some more craftsdwarves shops. I won't have the time to see them completed in my reign as overseer, though.

Save is being uploaded now. The tombs are being built north west of the fort proper, and the forges are on the same level as the carpenters. There's an area being dug on the masons level for some extra crafts workshops, with a space behind them for a finished goods stockpile.
Also, The Cyan Menace strikes again. :P
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2014, 04:22:05 pm »

SAVE
The next person can choose to either finish the tombs or abandon it.

Edit:
Forgot this part:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:29:22 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

Right, downloading it now, do you lot want a video with horrible commentary located on Youtube or a writeup without images?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2014, 07:54:01 pm »

UPDATE ONE, FROM YEAR START TO MIGRANT WAVE FINISH

1st Granite, 127 (early spring)
 Right, since the last message a few things have changed. During the New Year celebrations the last  overseer's brew made two people go sober, and since they became overseer over the strength of their brew, it was deciced to have them step down so that their brew can get better. The next person on the list of "People who dont seem to have enough to do" is, well, me. Well, guess thats less time that I have to be at parties.

Anyways, to work. First off, what the hell are the cavern bridges linked to? Where the fuck are the bedrooms we promised our fellow dwarves? Gaddannnit, how the heck is the missus or my little girl supost to get sleep in this hellhole, with all the frickin bunnies about. First order of buisness, get those killed or marked for the ball-lopper, get traps setup, get bedrooms worked on and get the caverns made safer with traps and doors that work.

12th Granite, 127 (early spring)
 Guffs designated, and while the mining team was working on the new dininghall's food storage they found a veien of tetrahedrite running thru the area. Gonna have them dig it out and brick it up. Also gonna start work on makeing shure the army is ready for another attack, probally getting them into more squads...

13th granite
 Two veins. Working on military...

15th granite
 Kea showed. Telling miners to mine the veins found in food storage. Still working on military.
Also: Elven caravan. Hope they like statues.

25th Granite, 127 (early spring)
 We apparently bought a bobcat. Interesting. Meanwhile, a large rat that someone trapped has been getting trained. Its currently semi-wild. Interesting. I have ordered the bobcat to be trained for war, so...

27th granite
 Ordered a set of jewel benches setup. Turn some of that cyan stone into fake gems for training, then use these real ones to make crafts nicer looking for trade.

4th Slate, 127 (Mid-Spring)
 The miners hit more native platnum, I have ordered smooting of some areas, and have taken myself off the roster for haulling these fricking bunnies. I think I will give a few to the bobcat.

7th slate
 Somone started a party and didnot invte me. How rude. However, it looks like it was a one-dwarf thing. Odd.

8th Slate
 Migrants. Lets see who...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nish Tranceoil, Unmarried female, woodburner, assigned miner
Led Handlechaste, Unmarried male, engraver/mason, my brother.
Led's puppy, Udil
Led's kitten, Ilral
Imush Friendlanced, Married female, brewer, assigned herbalist.
Kol Silverysavage, Imush's husband, Military Medic. Assigning to Ochre Enchanters as Hammerdwarf
Shem Crafterwards, Married female, tanner, cook, gelder. Assigned herbalist, taken off geding
Zuntir Elderscave, female infant. Offspring of Shem
Udil Cloisterpools, Shem's husband, soaper, assigned farming/herbalism
Libash Roughnesscircles, Married female, miner
Iden Gearchamber, male infant, son of Libash
Goden Lensguard, Libash's husband, weaver, fisher, wood/stone crafter
Libash's pet alpaca
Stray female llama
Astesh Tinspiral, Married female, All things wood.
Tekkud Netshot, Astesh's Husband, Axedwarf. Assigned to Ochre Enchanters
Stray yak bull
Morul Cosmosbridge, Married female, pump operator. Assigned miner.
Ablel Wisperedpalace, Moril's Husband, all things fish
Shorast Belted tin, Married male, brewer, miller, grower
Olon Relievedpage, female infant. daughter of Goden Roaredfloors and Shorast Beltedtin
Goden Roaredfloors, Married Female, butcher, thresher, spinner, gemcutter.
Olon's puppy
Shorast's pet buckrabbit
Ushrir Rasorhails, Married female, potter, glazer, wax worker. Assigned furnase operator.
Obok Lancebridges, Ushrir's husband, all things wood+organizer
Thob Attacktomes, male offspring of above two listed
Datan Workmirrors, Unmarried female, macedwarf, miller, grower, dyer, possibly former officer. Assigned Ochre Enchanters
Datan's pet billy goat
Another yack bull
Bim Oardale, Married male with eight kids, tanner, brewer, beekeeper. two offspring at fort prior to arrival
Avuz Portaldishers, Bim's wife, waxworker. Assigned to stoneworks
Sreay Bull
Stray alpaca
Bemul Ivroybooks, Married female, butcher/miller/herbalist. Mother of Jerville
Sibrek Steelriddled, Bemul's husband, swordsdwarf. Father of Jervill. Assigning to Ochre Enchanters
Sibrek's pet peahen
Mustang foal
Kikrost Waderwork, Unmarried female, Ranger.
Kikrost's pet drake
Donkey, male
Fikod Pagedunes, Unmarried male, fisher/fish things
Moldath Rushgates, Married male, cheesemaker/cook/herbalist
Morul Diamondsecrets, Moldath's wife, grower/herbalist/appraiser/spinner[/spoiler]
 Due to the number of new recruits, I am probally going to start seperating the troops into squads based on weapon used. I have ordered basic gear for twenty in preperation.

Current total population: 99
Current military force (melee):10
Highly Opinionated Fool

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2014, 05:14:58 pm »

Just checking in- how are we doing?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2014, 07:55:22 pm »

Awaiting someone else to post before I did more. Im about to do more of it now.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2014, 12:12:11 am »

Apologies for a double post, but have a unedited thing describing what occurred between migrant waves. No word on the migrants right now, Last time it took half an hour to write those fuckers down.

13th Slate, 127, Mid-Spring
 All the migrants are settling in alright, and work on the bedrooms is continuing. In addition, the dining hall is being worked on as I write this. I have placed orders with the smiths to make weapons and picks for the new soldiers and miners, and work on trapping the cavern exit is underway.

17th Slate, 127
 First ten bedrooms are ready for furnishing, and I have ordered miners to start work on the ores we can see along what I assume to be the explanatory mineshafts. I have also received word that we have no iron in the fort, and that a large rat has reverted to a wild state. I have also ordered melting of the cages we bought from various traders.

18th Slate, 127
 Traders left, still hadent been able to sell enough to them. No extra hands about to bring the statues to the depot.
 Meanwhile, a buckrabbit has escaped from the resident gelder, and has proceed to scratch his foot. Luckily, the gelder has avoided further attacks by hopping around on the left foot. Panicky numbskull.

Also, some smart person decided to hand wips out to sword and spear dwarves. Another thing to fix...

19th Slate, 127
 We had a birth. Sakzul, a herbalist, has given birth to a baby girl, Rimtar Pagejustice. Her father was Oddom Kindledstrandard, an axedwarf. We welcome our hundredth citizen into the home her father died to protect.

21st Slate, 127
 Ordered culling of a number of gelded animals, and gelding of more. The smiths state that they need more iron. I told them to make some more things out of copper instead.

25th Slate, 127
 Setup first stockpiles for the new dining hall, drawing prepared meals and drinks from the main kitchen stockpile, which has been looking full these days, must be all the butchering of excess livestock. We do have about two animals for a dwarf...

3ed Felsite, 127, Late Spring
 Realizing that our kitchens are a tad... Primitive... I have taken the liberty to start planning out a grand kitchen on the level below the bedrooms. It will have access to, among other things, a workshop just for gelding, a much larger raw food storage area, and access to what may become an underground farming room, fertilized via flooding the room and letting the water evaporate. However, that room will not be called for for years yet, and I hope I will be able to extend my term of duty as overseer to include some year in future.
 Also, the elven diplomat is still here.

In other news, the drink storage below the dining hall is full. I inquired as to our stocks of drink and was told we had approximately 1559 containers of varying alcohol types, from wine to beer to ale. I have also assigned the ten rooms that are ready to varying dwarves, starting at the top of the list. Our local gelder has lodged a complaint, stating that his name was substituted for another, but I think hes full of it.

7th Felsite, 127
 We appear to be out of hide for armor, which is odd, considering the number of animals butchered recently. Also, due to lack of work on the living quarters, I have told the miners not to bother with the exploratory ore collection, for this point in time.

11th Felsite, 127
 I love this bedroom... If only the miners would stop smoothing things and dig out rooms. Who even told them to detail stone anyways?

12th Felsite, 127
 Well, guess who finally managed to talk to be baron? Yep. The elf.
Did we have an agreement with the pointy ears? If so, who the HELL decided not to tell me?
 Actually, since they where here at the turn of the year, it was the last overseers fault. Grand. Now we might have people at war with us.
 Looking at the known diplomacy between surrounding nations, it seems that the elves and the humans are at war. Huh.

14th Felsite, 127
We're out of charcoal, and Catten had a kid. Congrats to Catten Windlash and Etur Bookmoon for your 5th son, and 6th child in total.
Oh, and the Mayor came in today, said that the banned the export of harps. Again. Not that they hadent been banned since I became overseer or anything...

18th Felsite 127
 The still incomplete dining hall has been established as a dining hall and meeting hall. I hope to soon be bale to have the upper hall be taken appart and turned into a second barracks, perhaps a training room.

3ed Hematite, 127
 Another birth, this time its a hunter's named Fikod. Welcome to the fort Kubuk Bustspotted, Son of Fikod Puzzleboat and Monom Girderscar. We are happy to see you, although perhaps not as much as your brother.

Also, we might need some contraceptives, I think this lady got preggers the second the last one was born.

12th Hematite, 127
 Well, Vucar the animal caretaker is acting strange. Orange seems to think that hes possessed. Worst thing is, he nabbed the mechanic workshop. Now hes grabbing random crap and stashing it in there.

15th Hematite, 127
 Human trade caravan is here, I ordered all the trade statues hauled to the depot. Meanwhile, the crazy dwarf in my workshop is muttering about something called Muzishadas and how it needs cloth of thread, stone of rock, leather of skin and rough color. He then ran out of the workshop again, seemingly looking for something.
 Oh, and there is a diplomat here too. Wonder what he wants.

16th Hematite, 127
 Crazy dude started working on something. Wonder what. Anyways, he grabbed some yak leather, spider silk cloth, a rough tiger iron and some chalk.

17th Hematite, 127
 We have a new mayor, one of the macedwarves by the name of Datan Workmirror. I hope she makes a good one, but now I gotta go about kicking the last mayor outta his rooms. First thing I hear after she gets them is how the dining room isint swanky enough. Nothing a statue cant fix.

Jesuit did some trading with the humans for some animals, a few of whom have been added to the gelding list.
 Also, there are now nearly 35 bedrooms assigned or shortly to be, each with a bed and some storage.

20th Hematite, 127
 More trading with the humans, but for cloth and leather.
Also, one on the room assignments listed Besmar,  you know, that ghost? I think Ber went a bit nuts when her husband died...
 Oh, remember crazydwarf? Well, he finished what he was making. It was a mechanism. Rather fancy, what with the decorations of leather, encircling with chalk "gems", rings of gem and... spikes of silk? Odd. Anyways, according to Jesuit, its worth 14400 GUC, or about 140 statues. Huh.
 I think that its gonna be used in a well.
 And speaking of Jesuit, he just flogged some worn out clothing on the humans for cheese and similar. I think I have to setup new stockpiles for finished goods, there was clothing mixed into the crafts. I have just the space, that massive randomly shaped room that someone had the miners digging when I got here.

1st Malachite, 127
 Dastot, one of the lashers, is apparently in love with their whip. Allrighty then...
 Oh, and that human? Yah, hes talking to us now. Given us tons and tons of news too... And then just left. Huh.

6th Malachite, 127
 More trading, for more food.

9th Malachite, 127, Mid-summer
 Migrants. Joy. I will list them soon...
Highly Opinionated Fool

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2014, 12:47:05 am »

The reason they were sordsdorfs is because instead of grabbing the whips I wanted them to use they grabbed grown wooden swords. WOODEN.
They only trained with the swords for about a week, it was the whips that killed both cyclops.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10