Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187891 times)

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
  • I sure do love lunchtime and cutting off thumbs.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2015, 08:18:00 pm »

Oh good so I can completely ignore my textile industry? because I always get that up and running *way* too late.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 16, 2015, 04:46:03 am »

Oh good so I can completely ignore my textile industry? because I always get that up and running *way* too late.

Yes, most do not feel anything from being uncovered and the few who get embarrassed seems to have so little stress you can safely ignore it. I am 6 years in my nudist spire and everything was fine.

Adding food needs to something that do not get naturally hungry was a failure. They suffered the same problem as vampire dwarves, that is they get unfocused and never eat or drink. Besides, removing hunger makes the game really boring, so everything's back to normal. While you can run a fort on water, alcohol is better.

As it seems, building a brothel tavern is very important. If the succubi do not get a place to socialize, they'll have terrible thoughts. Otherwise they'll romance quickly and argue to the point of going berserk (really, I had combat logs of succubi being enraged because Milith told Padaxe her mind). They did not fight each other out of spite yet but I think they behave in their own unique way now. I got a few humans and goblins visitors, by the way.

The biggest change is that they are a lot less lazy, or a least they always give up on break as soon as there is a job. It should be a the same for dwarves and as a whole it's less frustrating.

I still don't know what losing focus means, I had half of them blinking yellow without ill effects.

The next step is to change the pet setting. Without dfhack, they have no wagon puller and in 0.42 migrants are still entirely dependent on caravans. As it seems, you still cannot tell a civ to settle on evil biomes so nightmares will still be cavern creatures (goblins already picked them up). Never mind, COMMON_DOMESTIC works as advertised, you can buy nashash, orthi, and nightmares and they all roam the surface of evil biomes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:01:15 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2015, 04:26:01 am »

While I finish the new sprites, I can use some proof reading so I can stop releasing the mod with confusing text.

Here are the new content for the next version.

Reactions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creatures

If you could warm me of any bad grammar that would be very helpful. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:12:23 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2015, 06:35:35 am »

Everything looks good.

One suggestion for "A succubus will use her body to power this workshop, providing an alternative to fuel.", maybe use "body heat" instead of "body". Or, if you want to be whimsical, she is using her "extremely hot body to heat up this workshop". ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:38 am »

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:54:15 am by Boltgun »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2015, 04:37:39 pm »

"floating flass furnace"

"developped"
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »

"floating flass furnace"

"developped"

Fixed, thank you.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2015, 12:18:13 pm »

And the mod is now ready and updated for 0.42 vanilla.

The patch will likely be compatible with MDF simply by deleted all the 'masterwork_import' files in the raw/objects folder.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2016, 06:21:39 pm »

Hello,

Since the latest DF allows to write proper ingame help, this is getting text heavy and what I write probably does not make sense. However, since I am not a native english speaker, I struggle to put the right words, especially inside the limited space the game offer. So I turn to you to help with some proofreading. If you could check quickly the new sentences, that would be greatly helpful. Thanks.

The castes

The new paragraphs from the readme.

The reactions, this is the longest. The games does not allow a long space so it must be straight to the point.

Sorry for dropping that much text but I'm sure that if we put some quality writing in there, the game will be a lot easier to play than it used to be in MDF 6.2.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2016, 10:25:36 am »

Here are some simple grammatical changes that I recommend for the first part at least. The Changes are Bold and Underlined

The castes

I changed a lot of the 'Her' and 'she' pronouns to more gender neutral forms of address for the other classes, since I assume that the other castes will be far less tilted in favor of the feminine gender. Otherwise there was only one sentence in the Succubi description that sounded a tad clunky to my ears when said aloud.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2016, 12:45:24 pm »

Good idea. I had male versions ready but a gender neutral one is easier to manage.

Edit: Made a release, I'll include other text fixes later on if it is needed.

Update : Updated to 0.42.06
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:16:23 am by Boltgun »

WJSabey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2016, 10:18:06 am »

I updated dfhack to try the Succubi out, but now it's complaining that some of the plugins were built for the old version. Does anyone know why the updated version doesn't include all the plugins, and more importantly if this will break anything important?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2016, 03:06:10 am »

That's probably Text Will Be Text. It will not break the game, you'll only miss out multi level views and cleaner text.

You can get it back in a working condition by dropping this version in the Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins subfolder if you wish.

WJSabey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2016, 02:26:18 pm »

In retrospect, I really should have mentioned which plugins were throwing errors. Oops. "twbt" is one of them, but I'm more concerned about "feature" and "initflags". These sound more like gameplay plugins than the others. The full list is:
  • automaterial
  • drybuckets
  • feature
  • initflags
  • mousequery
  • resume
  • twbt
What's weird is I'm fairly sure that some of those aren't third-party plugins, and really should have come with dfhack.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2016, 03:04:43 am »

feature and initflags are dfhack commands and simply indicate which plugin failed.

You can safely play without those plugins running.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41