Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2959 2960 [2961] 2962 2963 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5865509 times)

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44400 on: December 10, 2015, 08:13:24 am »

A goblin siege was repelled. 60-some invaders including beak dogs, trolls and a Lady Consort. Most fled when the militia gained the upper hand. Armor-bug aside, I'm really loving proper sieges and my foreign legion of human soldiers of fortune.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44401 on: December 10, 2015, 09:56:32 am »

So far there haven't been any negative consequences!

Wow! 

is reanimating scraps from the butcher shop still a thing?  Or does it need a head now?

This might cause a problem for burial, bit I suppose you can judt make slabs?

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44402 on: December 10, 2015, 10:34:25 am »

Wow! 

is reanimating scraps from the butcher shop still a thing?  Or does it need a head now?

My necromancer butcher brought a camel corpse to the butchery and never tried to reanimate it. Similarly, my bonecarver and fisherdwarf haven't flooded the map with any undead mussels.

Either they need to be in combat to use their ability, or they've been nerfed. Toady did mention in the dev log that he played around with putting a slab in a library and fun was had.

Maybe there's a bug with how the AI tries to target the ability. While my snailman vampire wrestler was raiding the tower, I did notice that the necromancers occasionally "gestured" with no apparent effect. They might have been flipping me off, but maybe they were targeting *me* with their ability. If so, that would be a pretty major bug.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44403 on: December 10, 2015, 11:49:45 am »

I feel really bad for this small guy:
http://imgur.com/a/4V2Ic

No idea how could I help him.
He ran off from the hospital to train himself, and I found him "thirsty" with both hands in a mess, unable to do anything. But he still was training. So I decided to retire him from military, and hoped he would help himself with food & booze. He aparretnly can't. I am... Very sad.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44404 on: December 10, 2015, 11:54:51 am »

We need DF to implement prostheses. With a hook for one hand and a mug for the other, he could lead a normal life!

...Maybe a spear instead of a hook so he can continue his soldiering. And it doubles as a fork and knife!

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44405 on: December 10, 2015, 01:53:52 pm »

Created a luxury place for best squad of axe-killing-machines. They live in 6x6 apartments, with a lot statues of themselves, some engravings, some chests & some cabinets. Families moved in with them. Now most of them are "Focused". Son, I am happy.
Btw, how do you handle mercs guys? Do you have a separate squads for them or put them into mix with your own trainees?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:57:01 pm by nekoexmachina »
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44406 on: December 10, 2015, 03:14:18 pm »

I feel really bad for this small guy:
http://imgur.com/a/4V2Ic

No idea how could I help him.
He ran off from the hospital to train himself, and I found him "thirsty" with both hands in a mess, unable to do anything. But he still was training. So I decided to retire him from military, and hoped he would help himself with food & booze. He aparretnly can't. I am... Very sad.

Clean shaven?  Poor thing!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44407 on: December 10, 2015, 03:18:04 pm »

Wow! 

My necromancer butcher brought a camel corpse to the butchery and never tried to reanimate it. Similarly, my bonecarver and fisherdwarf haven't flooded the map with any undead mussels.

Either they need to be in combat to use their ability, or they've been nerfed. Toady did mention in the dev log that he played around with putting a slab in a library and fun was had.

Maybe there's a bug with how the AI tries to target the ability. While my snailman vampire wrestler was raiding the tower, I did notice that the necromancers occasionally "gestured" with no apparent effect. They might have been flipping me off, but maybe they were targeting *me* with their ability. If so, that would be a pretty major bug.
Since 0.40 necromancers have to be in combat to use their interaction. Necromancer your whole fort, then stick a live goblin in the corpse stockpile.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44408 on: December 10, 2015, 03:35:44 pm »

So I got over 200 books in adventure mode but the only thing I could find with the secrets of life and death was a slab. Time to raid another tower.

Edit: To anyone having a similar problem you can enter legends mode and look for terms listed in the secret_death.txt they either often or always feature in the title of a book about the subject.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:59:26 pm by Broseph Stalin »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44409 on: December 10, 2015, 04:16:02 pm »

Been testing sieges with at-war goblins, and a dodgeme-into-magma entrance, in 42.02.

Just got a siege of 275 enemies!  Beak Dogs, Trolls, Goblins.  Just... amazing to see such a large force in action.

Save is here, if you're interested in seeing it.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #44410 on: December 10, 2015, 05:00:56 pm »

Bug Watch: 4530 Resolved
For my fellow marksdwarf fans, looks like training bolts will beworking as intended in 42.03. Reasons to build wood bolts that don't feel cheaty or unusually cruel to POWs!
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #44411 on: December 10, 2015, 05:23:59 pm »

YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!~
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44412 on: December 10, 2015, 05:27:32 pm »

One of long-term resident dwarves has just gotten a mood.
Also, building a system of vampire storage for mr Mayor. I want to make him baron as well, as he likes mittens and pig tails. And well.... Lifeless baron. This idea is a bit.. warming. And enchanting.
I will be feeding him with fresh new Cheese Makers and such once a year.. And I want to try to feed him by useless Poets, whom I have in quantities of over 20, I think.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:38:59 pm by nekoexmachina »
It's mildly depressing.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44413 on: December 10, 2015, 05:45:59 pm »

And I want to try to feed him by useless Poets, whom I have in quantities of over 20, I think.

You could make a form of "DF Idol".
A jury, consisting of three vampires, inside a stage-room.
A door conntected to a lever.
A row of poets waiting outside the room, ready for performing.
But in this version, there will be no winner - in fact, only the worst poet will get a recall.

This should have the side-effect of boosting the performances, so that the visitors of your tavern will be entertained once again.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44414 on: December 10, 2015, 05:48:04 pm »

New fort, with all new annoyances: besides whole flocks of keas it's raining vile filth all over the map that's supposed to be calm tropical forest biome. Nearest evil biome is at least few embark squares away. What's going on?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:56:54 pm by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 2959 2960 [2961] 2962 2963 ... 3836