Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: [47.02 - .47.05] Adventurecraft (latest update 11/27/2022)  (Read 145465 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.04] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2016, 01:06:58 am »

Hey,before I do something stupid,how does the poison thingy that I make works?Do I just throw it at the enemy or do I coat my whip with it?

Pretty much just tossing it at the enemy, sadly.

I wish there was a viable way to coat weapons in poison, but the classic Wanderer's Friend solution didn't work. I even tried mucking about with material properties to see if I could make the frozen decorations instantly melt, but that just led to vanishing venom.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2016, 12:17:34 pm »

Hey there. I remember you from CDDA. I'll be trying this out. I've recently gotten back to DF adventure mode after 2 years or so away from it and am looking for extra crafts to round up adventure mode.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2016, 03:30:09 pm »

Hey there. I remember you from CDDA. I'll be trying this out. I've recently gotten back to DF adventure mode after 2 years or so away from it and am looking for extra crafts to round up adventure mode.

Ah right, the name does seem familiar. Have Fun with it, then. X3
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.05] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2016, 02:24:00 am »

Swiggity swooty. And now the version is updated, whee.

On the plus side? So alterations I made to dismantling items should allow for taking apart angelic weapons/shields now.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2016, 02:15:42 pm »

Sounds incredibly, amazingly useful.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Roxfall

• Bay Watcher
  • Evrywundies
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2016, 09:14:04 am »

I'm sad that the swords you can make with the mod tend to be so underwhelmingly short.   :)

Some of us enjoy overcompensation a significant deal.

I like swords!

Anyway, here's a random thought about the exploit of the ammo and thread: what if those specific objects gave you 'tiny' amounts of resources when scrapped, and you had a separate reaction for combining, say, 25 'tiny scraps' into a single big one? Would that fix it?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2016, 11:55:06 am »

Meep. It might fix it, but that's not quite the problem.

The problem is the recipe for breaking down metal objects ignores item type. So this could be one sword, one statue, one crossbow bolt, one coin...but as far as I can tell, there's no way to exclude extremely small item types. It's either NONE:NONE or SPECIFIC_ITEM_TYPE:NONE (an example) for item tokens.

And I suspect metal bars might be a horribly broken thing to try this on. :V

And hmm, I'd started to expand on the list of weapons you can craft, but not all of them yet. Does lead to a lot more recipes on there, and I might want to split the weapon section by material like I did for armor/clothing.

Still, no crossbows. Maybe. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2016, 12:28:33 am »

what even is wanderers friend in the first place? i tried searching it on this board, but all i got was a wanderer mod for 0.40, so was that it?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2016, 01:18:27 pm »

what even is wanderers friend in the first place? i tried searching it on this board, but all i got was a wanderer mod for 0.40, so was that it?

Far as I can tell, this seems to be the oldest one and possibly the original: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61304.0
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2016, 03:34:12 am »

Well, while I'm in the process of updating this mod to .42.06, I decided to test something that I knew hasn't worked for quite some time.

Bug of the day: THIS is why I added crude thread and cloth.

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [.42.06] Adventurecraft (yet another Wanderer's Friend derivative)
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 12:39:17 am »

Hmm. And now, I'm not sure whether to expand the weapon selection further. Now most of the weapon skills have at least one craftable option. Still no pike or crossbow though.

On another note, I really wish the gauntlet bug wasn't a thing. -w-
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2016, 04:42:13 am »

While looking around, I spotted mention of Categories for reactions. However they're apparently only for Fort mode. Such a pitty.  :-\
Just thought to see if you had done this yet and saw this post.

That's not Adventurecraft of course, is my mod, but you get the idea, each of those entries has 4~8 reactions, and the leather one actually has two sub-categories with 6~8 each.

[CATEGORY:SOME_THING]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Some thing]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Something about some thing.]

Then another reaction with:
[CATEGORY:ANOTHER_THING]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Another thing]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Something about another thing.]
[CATEGORY_PARENT:SOME_THING]

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2016, 01:56:14 pm »

Already been putting those to good use, yes. Thank you though.

So far I'm torn between whether to retain vanilla DF's way of making bone trinkets (which only consumes 1 from a stack) or to retain the Adventurecraft method (where stacks are required entirely). I might be able to make the former work by replacing [REACTION_CLASS:CARVE_BOTH] with [ANY_HARD_MATERIAL].

The latter remains the only way to keep the reactions consistent with other reactions, due to various stack and product dimension bugs, but it makes the decorative stuff stand out as inconsistent with vanilla. Then again, unlike making bone armor I have no need to make the decorative reactions take more than one unit of material at a time, avoiding the "need multiple stacks" bug. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2016, 06:05:43 am »

Yeah, I didn't have any luck making it take x bones from a stack so I'm sticking with the make cleaned bone tool items > use a bone from the stack + x cleaned bones/hides/whatever method I guess.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »

Yeah, I didn't have any luck making it take x bones from a stack so I'm sticking with the make cleaned bone tool items > use a bone from the stack + x cleaned bones/hides/whatever method I guess.

Glorious. Though...hmm. I could've sworn I pondered the idea of processing all the bones into psuedotools as cleaned bone, then seeing whether those work right when multiple inputs are asked for.

Only problem is that even it that works (I can't remember what the result was), that leads to inventory spam. >.<

EDIT: Well, I thought I'd be clever and use ammo as a workaround to reduce inventory spam. That works. But then it encounters the reaction fuckery. Oh sure, ask me for -19 cleaned bones. :V
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:29:20 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33