Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Pseudo-Succession Fortress, Ultra Hostile Experiment  (Read 8333 times)

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pseudo-Succession Fortress, Ultra Hostile Experiment
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 05:22:13 pm »

I'll sign up for a turn. I doubt my laptop will be able to handle this world, but we'll see what happens. ;)
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »

Wait a minute? It's my turn? Um, okay. Did you send me a PM and I missed it. Let me get the save.

Edit: Okay, so this looks like one of those text files and not a save folder. I'm going to need an explanation of what to do because I've never been able to get this method to work. Yup... Computer says it can't open it. Tried opening it notepad and I get the "program not responding" message which is what always happens when I download one of these. Help!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:20:56 pm by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 06:25:21 pm »

The save is packed into an Archive format in order to save space.  Specifically, 7-Zip.  The program is free, but any archiver will work; WinRar, WinZip, etc.  I did send you a pm, so if not received, then something is derpy with the forum messaging.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »

The save is packed into an Archive format in order to save space.  Specifically, 7-Zip.  The program is free, but any archiver will work; WinRar, WinZip, etc.  I did send you a pm, so if not received, then something is derpy with the forum messaging.

My bet is something is derpy with outlook. I'll have a sift through my junk folder later. WinZip has never worked on any computer I've ever owned but I'll give it a go.

Edit: Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to open this folder. You better skip me too.

I've tried to install WinZip before and the installer won't even run. I don't know why people use this bloody thing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:00:58 pm by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 03:49:26 am »

Try winrar ir 7zip
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 11:54:16 am »

My bet is something is derpy with outlook. I'll have a sift through my junk folder later. WinZip has never worked on any computer I've ever owned but I'll give it a go.

Edit: Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to open this folder. You better skip me too.

I've tried to install WinZip before and the installer won't even run. I don't know why people use this bloody thing.

7zip is the way to go.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 12:38:48 pm »

De can bump down a couple of places in case he gets it figured out.  I will send a pm to Xenir & Edmus.  If one of them does not start, I will probably take another turn myself, just to keep things rolling.  I figure ~10 years will enough to see if the massive civ/hostile numbers actually have an impact.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 01:29:54 pm »

What I really wish is that my new computer would arrive. It was supposed to ship on the second but apparently Origin are still testing the drives. Grr. Sorry guys. I think my problem getting any of these programs to work might be that is an old and secondhand laptop.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »

What I really wish is that my new computer would arrive. It was supposed to ship on the second but apparently Origin are still testing the drives. Grr. Sorry guys. I think my problem getting any of these programs to work might be that is an old and secondhand laptop.

If I understand your problems correctly, you should visit this page.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »

If you want, I can reupload the save as a .ZIP. Would that help?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 06:48:03 pm »

I kind of wonder if my computer can even run a modded fortress. It is, I should state, a HP pavilion laptop that is several years old and still runs Vista. I spent quite a bit of money to have a new computer built but it is not arriving as promised. But if you want to reupload the save I will give it a shot. I don't want to turn Immortal-D's fortress into a disorganized mess (any more than he's done himself what with all the monsters).

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 07:40:14 pm »

I kind of wonder if my computer can even run a modded fortress. It is, I should state, a HP pavilion laptop that is several years old and still runs Vista. I spent quite a bit of money to have a new computer built but it is not arriving as promised. But if you want to reupload the save I will give it a shot. I don't want to turn Immortal-D's fortress into a disorganized mess (any more than he's done himself what with all the monsters).

I have a HP laptop that runs Vista Business. I got it from a friend of a friend, who got it when their workplace threw it out (it was too old). It runs Dwarf Fortress reasonably fine, and it has 7zip installed (hint, hint). I also have a desktop that runs Dwarf Fortress WELL (there is a difference).

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 07:47:38 pm »

As an aside, this game is not modded.  Everything is vanilla, I just cranked the potential !FUN! to 11.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2015, 09:11:09 pm »

"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2015, 09:16:11 pm »

Can I be added to the list?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6