Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm going to create liberal crime squad in Poland  (Read 4183 times)

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
I'm going to create liberal crime squad in Poland
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:26:21 am »

Conservatives have taken controll over Poland and I'm going to create liberal crime squad in Poland, anyone interested will become polish lcs member
nah I'm kidding
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:28:21 am by Aleksanderus »
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to create liberal crime squad in Poland
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:19:39 am »

Conservatives have taken controll over Poland and I'm going to create liberal crime squad in Poland, anyone interested will become polish lcs member

Do you mean making a version of LCS based on Polish politics instead of American politics?  :)

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »

I already have got something on my mind:

Arch-conservative: PiS (they want to make Poland religion-based)

Conservative: Korwin

Moderate: PSL

Liberal: PO

Elite Liberal: Ruch Palikota (they even wanted to legalise marijuana)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:38:00 pm by Aleksanderus »

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:30:09 am »

I think Janusz Korwin-Mikke or the National Movement are better for Arch-Consevratism.

As for the Stalinist Crime Squad, the Polish Communist Party (2002) could fill this role.

Some issues would have to be changed: European Union and Russia could be added.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 11:21:53 am »

I think Janusz Korwin-Mikke or the National Movement are better for Arch-Consevratism.

As for the Stalinist Crime Squad, the Polish Communist Party (2002) could fill this role.

Some issues would have to be changed: European Union and Russia could be added.
Oh yeah! In the arch-conservative laws there would be war with European Union and Russia and in the stalinist there will be war with EU and alliance with Russia

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 05:52:24 pm »

Do you wan't to only set it in Poland, or translate it to polish ?

If you want to translate it, the source code of the german translation can help you.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10985

Interesting stuff :
* Support for grammatical sex (including XML tags). The GERMAN.C contains all the grammar stuff, like a matrix for 'the' in different cases, sexes and numbers. You probably have to adjust this a bit. According to Wikipedia, German and Polish have the same Sexes and Numbers (Do you have sex in plural (like french) ? This is not clear from the article), thought polish has more cases. . The functions for 'the' and 'his'/'her' (each 16 permutations in german) are called in the important places, so changing the function gets a lot of work done.
* Removal of all gender-neutral stuff, hermaphrodites and in-game homosexuality. This makes transaltion a lot of easier.
* The main funktion makes a system-call to CHCP to force the correct codepage. As polish seems to have a lot of umlaute this is very important. Note, this seems only to work in fullscreen, that is also the reason, why the screenshots of the german LCS look crappy. If you wan't to edit text in source or XML files, it is important to use the correct editor. Windows has 2 text-editors, EDIT.COM and NOTEPAD.EXE . You must use EDIT.COM to get the correct codepage.
* Translation-friendly overwork of the code. Code duplication in the politics code removed, and most of the strings are now found only once.
* Suport of sex for people, who haven't a sex in the english version (like the President). It is encoded behind the terminator of their name.
* Suport of sex and preposition for locations. It is encoded in the first letter of the name of a location.
* A clutch to generate umlaute from C, without modifing the font file.
* some bugfixes

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 10:38:40 am »

Do you wan't to only set it in Poland, or translate it to polish ?

If you want to translate it, the source code of the german translation can help you.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10985

Interesting stuff :
* Support for grammatical sex (including XML tags). The GERMAN.C contains all the grammar stuff, like a matrix for 'the' in different cases, sexes and numbers. You probably have to adjust this a bit. According to Wikipedia, German and Polish have the same Sexes and Numbers (Do you have sex in plural (like french) ? This is not clear from the article), thought polish has more cases. . The functions for 'the' and 'his'/'her' (each 16 permutations in german) are called in the important places, so changing the function gets a lot of work done.
* Removal of all gender-neutral stuff, hermaphrodites and in-game homosexuality. This makes transaltion a lot of easier.
* The main funktion makes a system-call to CHCP to force the correct codepage. As polish seems to have a lot of umlaute this is very important. Note, this seems only to work in fullscreen, that is also the reason, why the screenshots of the german LCS look crappy. If you wan't to edit text in source or XML files, it is important to use the correct editor. Windows has 2 text-editors, EDIT.COM and NOTEPAD.EXE . You must use EDIT.COM to get the correct codepage.
* Translation-friendly overwork of the code. Code duplication in the politics code removed, and most of the strings are now found only once.
* Suport of sex for people, who haven't a sex in the english version (like the President). It is encoded behind the terminator of their name.
* Suport of sex and preposition for locations. It is encoded in the first letter of the name of a location.
* A clutch to generate umlaute from C, without modifing the font file.
* some bugfixes
No I don't want to translate LCS to polish. I want to set it in Poland and also I will do overhaul of new things:
fully functional stalinist crime squad
new locations
new characters
new clothings and armors

new activities like:
weapon making! (yes, I always wanted to add this, It's like making clothing)
special weapon making! (this requiers weapon parts and high weapon making skill)
weapon making and selling (more profitable than selling drugs but this is illegal so cops can kill you and also this increases weapon making, street sense and buisness skills)
hacking on the deep web (much more dangerous than hacking but it gives you much better documents and it increases your hacking skill much faster)
buying on the deep web (VERY powerfull guns, armors and melee weapons but it's very expensive, increases heat level and there's 50% chance that they are scums)

And much more to come!

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 03:43:17 pm »

terrorism! my favorite pasttime

EPSIL0N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:29:12 am »

Hopefully this isn't too off topic as I couldn't seem to find it elsewhere and it seems like it would be something you would have addressed. How difficult is it to change the flag from the American flag to another countries flag?

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 12:41:55 pm »

Jestem ZA lol :D

Jakieś postepy ?? :>
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 01:55:36 pm »

Hopefully this isn't too off topic as I couldn't seem to find it elsewhere and it seems like it would be something you would have addressed. How difficult is it to change the flag from the American flag to another countries flag?
*It is generated in SRC\BASEMODE\BASEMODE.CPP, from line 484 on.
It is fairly easy to change, asuming you can compile the game. It is more difficult, to change newspaper pictures, which are in a separate file.
*It is burned in SRC\BASEMODE\BASEACTIONS.CPP, from line 34 on. The flag is first painted, and then burned. Changing the burning algorithm is more nasty, as it makes assumtions about the characters used: '▄'(220),'▀'(223) and ':'. For the polish flag, you need the character '█'(219), but you could try a workaround, and paint the whole flag with the character '▄', and use the same colour for foreground and background, to get full blocks of one colour. For the background, only the first 8 colours are permitted, as the 4th bit means blinking, but 4=dark red and 7=dark white are both in this range.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 09:50:23 pm »

*It is generated in SRC\BASEMODE\BASEMODE.CPP, from line 484 on.
It is fairly easy to change, asuming you can compile the game. It is more difficult, to change newspaper pictures, which are in a separate file.
*It is burned in SRC\BASEMODE\BASEACTIONS.CPP, from line 34 on. The flag is first painted, and then burned. Changing the burning algorithm is more nasty, as it makes assumtions about the characters used: '▄'(220),'▀'(223) and ':'. For the polish flag, you need the character '█'(219), but you could try a workaround, and paint the whole flag with the character '▄', and use the same colour for foreground and background, to get full blocks of one colour. For the background, only the first 8 colours are permitted, as the 4th bit means blinking, but 4=dark red and 7=dark white are both in this range.

Dark... white?

Are you sure you don't mean gray/grey?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »

From a more intuitive point of view, you are right, but if you look at the values, dark white makes more sense.

The bits in 4bit (=16colour) mode are:
Bit 0 (=1): blue
Bit 1 (=2): green
Bit 2 (=4): red
Bit 3 (=8): extra brightness

So, the first 8 colours are "dark" colours and the last 8 colours are "bright" colours, each in the order : black, blue, green, cyan, red, violet, yellow/brown, white. Colour 7 has the first 3 bits set to "white" (all 1), and the last bit set to "dark", so it is technically dark white, and not bright grey, and colour 8 is bright black instead of dark grey.