Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF-Themed copypasta conversions?  (Read 1624 times)

armok of blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF-Themed copypasta conversions?
« on: November 12, 2016, 08:53:43 pm »

Essentially, just grab any copypasta you like and make it DF-themed.
I'll start off with the Remove Kebab copypasta.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:55:36 pm by armok of blood »
It's not like an idea has to make sense for people to cling to it.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: DF-Themed copypasta conversions?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:53:04 pm »

They targeted DF-players.
DF-players.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a broken fortress and a "your fortress has crumbled" message.
We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's !!FUN!!.
We'll spend most if not all of our free time designing the architecture of a fictional fortress for it all to be conquered by goblins the next day.
Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same workshop-floors over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such DF nirvana that they can literally play the game blindfolded.
Do these people have any idea how many computer screens have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our forums? We're already building a new one without them. They take our Toady One? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the mods our selves. They think calling us anti-goblinist, anti-treehugger, genocide apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent trolls with a shitty keyboard. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to death. Who enjoy the battle of attrition against waves of goblins. Who no longer care about anything. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with a game in which we can never win that proving the world wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.
DF-players are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another forgotten beast fight.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 09:45:47 pm »

I'm Urist, and this is my trade depot. I work here with my overseer and my friend, Bomrek McBroker. Everything in here has a =story= and a ☼price☼. One thing I've learned after 21 years - you never know WHAT is gonna come over that drawbridge.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

fourtytwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:49:22 am »

I'm Urist, and this is my trade depot. I work here with my overseer and my friend, Bomrek McBroker. Everything in here has a =story= and a ☼price☼. One thing I've learned after 21 years - you never know WHAT is gonna come over that drawbridge.

Goddammit

I was about to post something similar but I couldn't quite finish it.

I'am Urist McDwarf, and this is my fortress. I work here with my old dwarf, and my son, Urist McKid. Everything in here/

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 07:36:15 am »

Spoilered for profanity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:12:35 am by imperium3 »
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.