Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 39575 times)

IEEE8oh2dot11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04]
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2016, 06:08:21 pm »

I've uploaded a new version of the Goblins mod. Still doesn't include butcherable sapients (we'll need to look to the next version of the game to hopefully fix that), but I've gotten a few new things in there, including nest boxes, goblin noble positions, skull thrones and various ways to abuse corpses.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11705

You are my hero.

I downloaded the last mod and toyed with it a bit, immediately lamenting the lack of nest boxes for my precious beak dogs. Also, there can never be too many ways to abuse corpses.

Goblins should be able to mark stones as "latrines" and every full moon, the pissed on stone crumble like as if a miner dug it.

Big ups for acid piss.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:26 am »

Also, there can never be too many ways to abuse corpses.

*whispers into Quasar's ear* Glazed corpses with blood. Hanging with spikes of iron and bands of iron. Studded with knives and daggers.

Now go forth, and mod.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2016, 08:50:07 am »

What would make goblin fortress better, is if we could just embark on a dwarf settlement. Play as the initial raiding party, setting up for the initial siege.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2016, 05:29:29 pm »

This seems interesting. I'd like a spot on the overseer list.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04]
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2016, 05:52:23 pm »

Goblins should be able to mark stones as "latrines" and every full moon, the pissed on stone crumble like as if a miner dug it.
I don't know if that is doable with modding, and even if it was it would make mining prohibitively slow.

What would make goblin fortress better, is if we could just embark on a dwarf settlement. Play as the initial raiding party, setting up for the initial siege.

7 untrained goblins against an entire dwarven fortress? We wouldn't last a day past embark.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2016, 06:02:34 pm »

We just need lots of dodge traps. 

Those dorfs dodge so much, they can fall in pits and suffer even when we use 10 wood spears on the densest stone we dig down to ~15z deep. 

It should be Goblin Pits for the most part.

And use more ballista / catapult.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2016, 08:37:06 am »

Can I request a gobbo? Name him/her "Zee", profession name "Chopper".

Preferably axegoblin and/or butcher. Gender, appearance, etc. doesn't matter.

Have to admit I don't know if I'll be able to speak gobbo well, but I've never participated in this type of thing before and I'd like to try it. Awesome idea, by the way - there definitely need to be more modded succession forts with different races.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2016, 08:51:29 am »

Sure! Sorry about the last week, I was busy EVEN MORE. :P I should be done by... Friday? Saturday? If I'm not, I'll upload for the next person to go. I'll just say I got eaten by a giant toad or something and needed to rest in the place where injured gobbos get treated by Dabbling Bone Surgeons and die hospital.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »

"... an' then the spinnin' serrated disc passes right over me 'ead! Took off 'alf me 'air, but that was okay, 'cos I needed an 'aircut!"

"Wotcher boys! What we talkin' about?"

"'ey Quosdub. Wese tellin' war stories."

"Oh, I say, that sound's loike a lark! Mind if I join in? Lemme tell yer the tale o' how oi managed to tame that cave dragon out there..."

"Oi was in the third cavern layer, huntin' fer meat. 'Cos oi'm a badass, y'know? Who hunts weasels an' goats on the surface? Wusses, that's who. Real goblin's hunt giant cave spiders in the caverns. An' oi certainly wasn't lookin' fer webs, not that there's anything wrong with that, someone's gotta bring in the silk, but that's not what I was doin' y' know?"

"Anyways, oi turn this corner an' there's this huuuge hunched over figure. It's too dark to make 'im out, so I creep closer an' closer, till I'm almost on 'im. Oi'm thinkin' it's a Jabberer, or maybe an oversized cave crocodile. Boy was I wrong!"

"'E turns an roars at me, this huge cave dragon that could swallow me whole, an' my liddle bone shiv... I hunt wif a bone shiv, that's what I hunt wif, so I can stab me prey wif me own two hands... me liddle bone shiv suddenly seems useless in me hands."

"I dodge 'is first lunge, an' 'is second, and try an' stab 'im in the side, but it doesn't do shit, cos it's a bone dagger, y'know? Y' seen those scales? Is like plate armour. E's a tough bugger 'e is, wot!"

"So I throws the dagger away, an' the next time 'e lunges at me, I PUNCH 'IM, punch 'im straight in the snout! An' 'e backs off an' looks at me with those big dumb eyes, loike, 'yer not supposed ta' do dat!" But 'e's still hungry an' angry, so 'e opens his mouth, an' 'e roars, right in me face. An' in that moment, lookin' right down inta 'is gullet as 'e roars at me, I know what I need ta' do."

"Ya seen the animal trainers at work? They feeds 'em meat, an' they go docile an let you move up close to 'em an' talk to 'em. It takes a while to truly trained 'em, but it all starts wif meat."

"So, I TEAR OFF ME OWN ARM! RRRIIIIPPPPP!"

[gasps]

"An I throw it, I throw it right inta' 'is gullet! An 'e's so shocked, 'e swallows before 'e even knows what happened!"

"An' I thought, 'oh, 'e's still hungry, 'e's gonna eat me anyway. But then, he kneels down in front 'o me, and nuzzles me, like 'more meat'. 'Gimme more meat.' Soes I lead 'im back to the pit, an' get some meat from the barrels. Everyone was so surprised, you shoulda seen the look on their faces!"

"An' we bin together ever since. The end."

"Hang on a sec. Summit doesn't add up. Youse still got both your arms."

"Well obviously I grew it back through sheer willpower. You got a problem wif that?"

"I'm... pretty sure arms don't work that way."

"Pff, not fer most people. But most people ain't as much of a badass as I am, wot wot?"

"Well..."

"I don't like ta' brag too much, y'know?"

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2016, 04:35:49 pm »

Yer pullin` me leg, like ye pull yer arms in dis tale.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2016, 05:17:25 pm »

"Hang on a sec. Summit doesn't add up. Youse still got both your arms."

"Well obviously I grew it back through sheer willpower. You got a problem wif that?"

"I'm... pretty sure arms don't work that way."

"Pff, not fer most people. But most people ain't as much of a badass as I am, wot wot?"

"Well..."

"I don't like ta' brag too much, y'know?"

Wait... Regrown limbs... That can only mean one thing...

QUOSDUB'Z A WEREELK! GET 'IM!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2016, 05:32:58 pm »

Wait... Regrown limbs... That can only mean one thing...

QUOSDUB'Z A WEREELK! GET 'IM!

I dunt hava pitchfort, but... *raises pickaxe*

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2016, 02:08:51 pm »

Sure! Sorry about the last week, I was busy EVEN MORE. :P I should be done by... Friday? Saturday? If I'm not, I'll upload for the next person to go. I'll just say I got eaten by a giant toad or something and needed to rest in the place where injured gobbos get treated by Dabbling Bone Surgeons and die hospital.
Alright, hope you can finish up whatever is keeping you so busy!

I'll make a journal entry after I get gobbo'd.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49:08 pm »

It's Sunday, I know, but I lost the save file-containing computer. But I found it again, and it's uploading!

So that cave dragon Quos ha', I was gonna use it to tell th; vampire wha' t' do. 'E was gettin' all sassy, sayin' he din' haf t' do what I said t' do. So I sayed to him, yoo'd better do wha' I say, I gotta enourmus - enuorsmuous - relly armokdamn big drag'n, 'n' if he din' do wha' i sayed, i'd be all dragin' in his face. So I broughted the damn drag'n in, and it ate my arm! My armokd'mn arm! So I'm th' hopsital, and th's scrary loo'kn gobbo's stnading ovver me, raiising his a'xe, 'n I w'ake up a' f'ew 'm'noth's lat'r 'n' a'n'ther goobo' is the leader. I should've kn'n n't t' trust tha' dragonnn or th't buthcer, i cn't splel rite ny'more. Todl him me brain waaas, it was fine...
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2016, 10:00:17 pm »

Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16