Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breaching caverns / adventure mode animal populations question  (Read 741 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Breaching caverns / adventure mode animal populations question
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:40:22 am »

If you make a fort, dig a shaft until you breached all 3 caverns, then retire or abandon the fort, will that allow cavern creatures access to the surface in adventure mode? Will an adventurer then be able to be attacked by GCS in the woods?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

fomori

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breaching caverns / adventure mode animal populations question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:24:47 pm »

I'm not sure. In 0.34 I've been attacked by cavern creatures (trolls, giant toads, troglodytes, hungry heads) when wandering the wilds near caves, though.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:27:40 pm »

I think no.

Maybe if the animals become historical, they'll wander the wilds, but I doubt any old creature will come out of the caverns and be generated across the world afterwards.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:36:57 pm »

No. Since
don't go out into the wilds after they are... released..., "ordinary" cavern pops shouldn't either.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!