Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I control my zombies as a necromancer?  (Read 4228 times)

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
Can I control my zombies as a necromancer?
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:48:05 pm »

I'd like to be able to tell my undead minions not to attack a living creature when I want to kill it and raise its corpse for my undead army. This is because a lot of times, my undead creatures will destroy the head or cause so much damage to the point of where I can't get any real use out of the corpse.

Is there any way I can tell my undead minions not to attack the living?

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I control my zombies as a necromancer?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:50:56 pm »

Nope. Undead are actively hostile against any and all living beings, and there's nothing you can do about it (outside of perhaps raw editing).

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:51:19 pm »

If you want your undead horde to stop following you while you mingle with the living, I think you need to attack one and then run away. The rest should no longer follow.
I haven't tried it recently so I'm only half-sure that it still works like this.

The only downsides are that they refuse to rejoin you, and that you've released a self governing zombie horde upon the world.

If it's a bigger horde you're after, simply barge into a tomb or a temple's catacombs and resurrect all the skeletons scattered about. I'm sure they won't mind.

Currently, you can't do anything else about them.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:43:45 am »

If you want your undead horde to stop following you while you mingle with the living, I think you need to attack one and then run away. The rest should no longer follow.
I haven't tried it recently so I'm only half-sure that it still works like this.

The only downsides are that they refuse to rejoin you, and that you've released a self governing zombie horde upon the world.
oooohhh, that means I can make a world walking dead-ish by releasing a bunch of created zombies  ;D
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:45 pm »

oooohhh, that means I can make a world walking dead-ish by releasing a bunch of created zombies  ;D

Sorta. Unless you're in a pocket world, and there are tons of towns everywhere. But even then, zombies don't infect people, and if they die to some guards it's over, plus zombies were recently nerfed hard.

Unless of course you make the entire world an evil biome filled with evil and thralling clouds, then you would get zombie world. You can attempt this in advanced world gen.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 11:55:02 am »

If the zombies aren't historical figures, what will happen to them when they leave you? Will they even exist anymore?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 12:09:38 pm »

If the zombies aren't historical figures, what will happen to them when they leave you? Will they even exist anymore?
I think it's more they become peasants and pop up in towns, then attack folks and get a name.
basically there's 2 types of zombies zombies the ones created by magic in a drugor(?)  way and the murk kind that works like what you expect where touching others will infect them.
folks kinda wanted the Magical up zombie to be weaker and expecting hollywood kind out of them when ... they really should have walk into an evil biome for what they want.
zombies now kinda suck even if you mod them intelligence they won't truly have brains to instantly know how to talk or communicate with others. at most you can barely tell them to wait and follow.
telling them to put on armor or hold a gun is out of the picture, and I haven't tried getting them to dance. ON top of all that tower necromancers will still have some zombies that hold weapons or wear armor. Reanimation interactions are kinda broken at the moment in stuff you want to do with it in adventure mode that isn't make a brainless meatshield.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes