Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AdvFort Succession? [Interest]  (Read 839 times)

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AdvFort Succession? [Interest]
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:16:50 pm »

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating an Adventurer-Fort Succession game?

Basically, you start an adventurer, go to the site we pick out (I suppose it'll be an abandoned fort?) and then we can spend like, a real life week, doing what you can to expand our adventurer-fort to glory? A game year in adventurer mode is too long, so that's why I chose 1 Real Week as a time limit.

So yeah, any interest? Let's discuss!
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: AdvFort Succession? [Interest]
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 08:40:22 pm »

I would recommend this be moved to "community games and stories".
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

wartagan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: AdvFort Succession? [Interest]
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:32:19 pm »

I am interested despite english is not my common language.

There is two issues for this interesting project :

Firstly, the death of the adventurer mean the lost of the fort, and we will can't reclaim it : so to have new adventurers we have to begin always in the same forteresse, then walk to the site of the fort. If it is on a road, or in a cardinal direction, it will be easier to find the fort.

Secondly, I played advfort and I noticed that each time you sleep, the modifications of the site which are not in sight disappear. This occur in a living forteresse, maybe  the modifications are persistants above ground or far away of living forteress.

This point is the main issue. Have you any information about it ?

An other thing : extract one candy strand in advfort can take 2000 secondes IRL.