Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 116135 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2016, 08:05:45 am »

Holy crap. You know, I think this is the first succession fort that I've seen which involves noble genocide.

And sure, I bet I can do stuff with dwarfite.

Sending a PM to Gwolfski.

^- nominated for quotes bank.

Nobles always will come with migrants. We'll get a full set with the next wave minus the king. I just felt it fitting that I fixed FUCKUNICORNS and we had to de-king the place. Plus I was getting pissed at having to keep canceling "take item to shop", which caused them to pick up !!brains!!, and die. Only way to save it was kill everyone.

Can do!

Also, Gwolfski responded to PM.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2016, 09:46:34 am »

Wait, add me to the waitlist, on Tuesday I've got a test, but after that I can fully melt nobles!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2016, 10:30:59 am »

Wait, add me to the waitlist, on Tuesday I've got a test, but after that I can fully melt nobles!

Consider it done!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #483 on: July 10, 2016, 06:07:29 pm »

downloading save in morning. expect the unexpected
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 10, 2016, 06:09:10 pm »

But we literally can't expect the unexpected, by definition, we're expecting it, ergo it's not unexpected, ergo AAAA PARADOX
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #485 on: July 10, 2016, 06:22:07 pm »

But we literally can't expect the unexpected, by definition, we're expecting it, ergo it's not unexpected, ergo AAAA PARADOX

It's gwolfski. He'll make an engraving which bends the world upon itself and makes Boarpaints not exist.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2016, 09:29:26 pm »

Catching up on this. Good grief, you guys are the best. Sign me up for another turn.

Also, if I understand this correctly, you used magma, which set the fortress on fire. (Obviously.) Then to put out the fire, you used magma. Then to put out the magma, you used water. Then to get rid of the water, you used magma.

It's like Doomforests' Bigger Fish, but with elements! Hehahahahaheh!!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 09:55:12 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »

Catching up on this. Good grief, you guys are the best. Sign me up for another turn.

Also, if I understand this correctly, you used magma, which set the fortress on fire. (Obviously.) Then to put out the fire, you used magma. Then to put out the magma, you used water. Then to get rid of the water, you used magma.

First, when I left Doomforests, there was only a single FB alive in the place and he entered the map right before I ended my turn. Second, cave spider stuff is magma safe in 23a much to my surprise. A tentacled horror started the fires. The resulting chain reaction killed a full 100 dwarfs.  I used magma to try and fight fire with fire. I also used magma to kill the king. That brought the body count up to 140-ish. That failed, so I flooded the place. Then I used magma to clean up the flood.

I'm sorely tempted to take another turn but I don't think Boarpaints can survive it.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 11, 2016, 02:14:26 am »

In ye today!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 11, 2016, 02:56:35 am »

Holy carp.
This dwarven fort grill just sparkles with awesomeness.
Not sure if I'll be able to play, but please dorf me in as anydwarf.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #490 on: July 13, 2016, 06:12:08 am »

Just as a note on the main page, I completed my turn (I played 6 months to bring it spring to spring again).

Holy carp.

This requires dwarfs, something this fortress is very short on after my wholesale disaster of a turn :).

EDIT: Put me back on the turn list for round two. I bet I can do something nutty.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:28:47 am by NCommander »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 13, 2016, 07:13:14 am »

Just as a note on the main page, I completed my turn (I played 6 months to bring it spring to spring again).

Holy carp.

This requires dwarfs, something this fortress is very short on after my wholesale disaster of a turn :).

EDIT: Put me back on the turn list for round two. I bet I can do something nutty.

Got it.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 13, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »

Ooooohhhh Gwolfski...

Its been three days....

How is progress...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #493 on: July 14, 2016, 04:21:13 am »

oh, it seems bay12 ate my post. progress: nearing autumn, i think, summer has been going for a while now. I plan to do two updates: at autumn and at spring.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #494 on: July 14, 2016, 04:19:57 pm »

Well stuff. I trippedover the power lead while playing, and it unplugged. Computer(it had a brokrn battery) shut down, and i forgot to backup saves. So, notes irrelevant. I'll power through the months, its no problem, but my detailed notes are useless. lesson learned: Watch the cables.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44