Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52

Author Topic: The End of Doomforests: The Final Turn that Never came  (Read 91223 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Telling of Doomforest: A History of Cults and Soap
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »

Journal of Airith, Acolyte to Ryukan

After the master left last week for a business trip that he said would last a year, he left me in charge.  I only had a troop of Truthbearers and Richard, my fellow acolyte, to "command" but it is still an honor to be considered worthy by him.

Today I went to the scrying pool in the inner room of the sanctum. I chanted the words that were as second nature as speaking;

Lacus O videns,
Exaudi orationem meam,
Quaerite me ego Dominus,
Domine ut videam,
Permitte mihi loqui ad eum,
Vivamus ut lacus videre.

As I spoke them, the pool swirled into an image of an identical chamber, except, I knew, this chamber was in an alternate reality entirely. And instead of me in the chamber, it was my master, Ryukan.

Master spoke, "Why have you summoned me?"

I replied, "Things have taken a turn here, whether for good or worse, I can not tell at this moment."

My Master spoke, "What kind of turn?"

I Replied, "The Family has arrived and are creating an Alliance against us."

Master spoke again "That sounds certainly a bad thing"

I explained, "Well, the Alliance will be fraud with mistrust, and we may have allies of our own if they align themselves."

Master pauses for a moment in thought. "All right. If my Avatar here in Constructivory wasn't in a position of Power currently, I would take charge there, but I must oversee the construction of the "project" here. Can you handle it for another year?"

I replie, "Yes your Excelency."

Master Speaks, "Very well, keep an eye on the other groups there, and take any chances you get. Fare Thee Well."

The Pool swirls back to its original state. I head back out into the Commons of the Sanctum. I sit down at the Central Table and eat my meal and look at the blueprints I had swiped earlier.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »

I, the Spirit in the Hat, will do everything in my power to protect this fortress.

Who's turn is it? Get on with it!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2016, 06:54:42 pm »

I believe Tecnoxan... He already started

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2016, 12:15:14 am »

"Huh, I wonder how that fort I abandoned years ago turned out? Why not take a trip down memory lane?"
->Top of Page 1: This Thread
"Wat"

So...yeah....extremely sorry for completely disappearing off the face of the earth with no notice nor explanation. I had a lot going on in my life then, and all of the cult-based subplots everyone was seemingly starting all at once was overwhelming. So I had a choice. Stick with it and show what support I could when I could, or I could get out of it all 'til I was in a better place in life. I went with the second. Then I had another choice. Make a post about my true feelings on what the fort had turned into and risk starting a lot of drama of what the fort "should" be like (probably not the best choice), being discrete and say farewell to everyone citing "personal reasons" so everyone could keep having their fun (This would have been the right option!), or simply become distraught at the options and simply stop visiting the thread ever again, abandoning the story and everyone in it (This is what I went with).

But still, Doomforests was one of the things I am still super-proud of being a part of, and seeing this thread I thought everyone who was left deserved at least the bare minimum of explanation.

I enjoyed re-reading some of my favorite parts of the last story, including my own, or at least those documented in the archives. I might go back and see what happened after I left. Still deciding.

Anyways, hope all of you still left are doing well. I guess I'll download the latest version of the starter pack and see what's new. Considering all the role-playing, temples and taverns would have made fort design been very different.
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2016, 12:25:31 am »

Dammit guys I'm sorry spring break happened. Put me down for another turn, preferably after April 15th or so. Though it's more likely to be this time next year. Kind of sad that I worked all break to develop this plot but had no wifi. But it's fine, I'm not worthy of this awesomeness anyway.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 12:54:35 am »

Dammit guys I'm sorry spring break happened. Put me down for another turn, preferably after April 15th or so. Though it's more likely to be this time next year. Kind of sad that I worked all break to develop this plot but had no wifi. But it's fine, I'm not worthy of this awesomeness anyway.
Good lord, no wifi? That explains a lot...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 09:47:48 am »

The Codex of TechnoXan , Master Mecha Engineer -----------} and Temporary Overseer and Lord of Doomforests

26th Limestone, 1071, Early Autumn
Alright time to work! OH GOD! My... oh my. It appears that all Crundles in the fortress have been, murdered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My lord. The time to grieve is later, I must work now, So! I have ordered the construction of four breeding pens for special animals.
But more importantly, we have a problem. That mason is still bleeding out, the previous overseer created a plan, and I will finish that plan. But! I will also capture those blasted Seeing Eye Crundles! Maybe I can rehabilitate them… Well either way I will rescue Inod Zonzas!
I will place about 10 Dwarfs worth of cage traps on the path. The Crundles will rush us, and they will be trapped.

5th Sandstone 1071 Mid-Autumn
Hmm, I am ready to breach the caverns but I am not willing to open up the caverns before the gate is ready, there are many a forgotten beast out there. That Dwarf is running out of time, hurry up you blasted builders!

I have set The Large Picks to guard the two fortress by the two front gate fortifications. We will never be caught off guard again!
Never again will we, wait what!? A dwarf is under attack!? Aw god! Where are the guards!? Hurry help him!! Oh, nope, just cripple him with a punch and leave him there. Ok. cool. How did he get in though? We have no clue. Great. Good thing Flames Legacy is on their way.

Oh my gosh there are more!? Two more Crundles, feral this time, came in but they were caught in cage traps on the way to Astvill. Where is the opening? This could be very, very bad.

10th Sandstone, 1071, Mid-Autumn
Oh my! Who is missing? Don Pedro!? Oh no! Organize a search party and find that Dwarf, by god things are just getting worse and worse! What have I done?

Alright put that box there, no don't drop it! And put th-wait what is it? Oh gods no...Inod is dead, the mason is dead, bleed out on the floor… Irreverent. Move forward with the plan, the passageway will serve as a vital trap corridor for beasts we want to capture. Go! Rest now brother…

Hmm, on my tour of our military training program I happened upon an, interesting demonstration.
I actually learned a surprising amount. Again, you learn something every day.

Oh thank the fake god Armok! Fido has managed to totally seal off Haven by redirecting a magma vein. It is a sad thing, but it needed to be done. The knights and Drazoths mysterious men were doing admirably but Fido began giving me reports of The Seeing Eye Crundles moving to flood all of Haven with cavern spores the likes of which I have never seen. The effects on Dwarves are horrendous, It really is too bad about those two acolytes. The spores must have been magically tampered with. Either way I dismissed the knights, if looks could kill. They really do hate me, maybe in the future I will give them a reason too. I sent them away with a message of gratitude to their leader, and the offer of my help whenever he needs it. But now I must work, Drazoth III gave me a very important request as he so graciously put me in office and I must get to completing them.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 06:14:55 pm »

I believe that I have entirely forgot to watch the new thread. :p Silly me.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2016, 08:54:30 am »

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of recent updates, sadly vacation got in the way, expect an update some time tomorrow!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2016, 10:44:38 am »

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of recent updates, sadly vacation got in the way, expect an update some time tomorrow!  :D

No prob, your two week limit is only 4-6 days away tho, better hurry up :)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »

Alright guys I'm gonna try to get an update out later today, in all honesty I may have to pass it off early but I will do my very best to play as much as I can! I'm sorry for the wait guys. :'(

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 12:38:50 pm »

Alright guys I'm gonna try to get an update out later today, in all honesty I may have to pass it off early but I will do my very best to play as much as I can! I'm sorry for the wait guys. :'(

Can't wait

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2016, 09:59:41 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan , Master Mecha Engineer -----------} and Temporary Overseer and Lord of Doomforests

Aaaalright! Time to work! So construction is still going on for operation Crundle Creature Capture. But for know I have started to lay plans to pipe magma using a pump tower up near the surface for The Chalice.
These will all be tweaked and I will eventually connect the service corridor to the pump channels. (OOC: Whatcha think? Im just trying to lay plans for the next guy, I have never done this and dont want to screw up.)

22 Sandstone, 1071, Mid-Autumn
Oh a new Dwarf had a question for me, a MoonyTheHuman. I brushed aside his question and as a consequence for having an awful name for a Dwarf made him change it. Now what is it MoonyTheHumanDwarf?

Alright so move that, send that aand. Wait. Were am I? I must have not been paying attention. Oh im in the...Caverns!? In the name of Armok!!!!
Oh god is it this way back home? oh yes it is. Oh hi random Dwarf, get out of my way! Hey wait, what are you doing in the caverns as well!? Whatever. OH!! Here's the entrance! Block it up!!

2 Timber, 1071, Late-Autumn
In order to avoid locking Dwarfs out of Doomforests I am opening the passage early, I have posted Flames Legacy in the hallway in case any of our precious animals break through. We will not abandon our Dwarfs!

Oh gods no. A Blind Cave Ogre just broke a wall and is getting in the fortress!!! I just blocked the entrance, blast! Flames Legacy, sic em! Oh wait no he is walking away. Whatever. Weirdo.

13 Timber, 1071, Late-Autumn
Alright the operation is complete! But not a success yet. The Crundles have left and no other magnificent beasts have been caught in our trap. Soon though. Soon. For safety sake I have posted two of Flames Legacy around the corner from the cage traps in case anything gets out of hand. Now its time to bait the beasts...

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2016, 07:54:12 am »

FINALLY THINGS ARE HAPPENING

Also, I'm not actually in the Flame's Legacy squads, they're just two squads of legends that I am responsible for making.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2016, 09:27:45 am »

I can't help noticing that we seem to have updated to a new version. I take it we want to keep it as this?

These will all be tweaked and I will eventually connect the service corridor to the pump channels. (OOC: Whatcha think? Im just trying to lay plans for the next guy, I have never done this and dont want to screw up.)
Now, you see, that could have worked, if the next guy were not me. I have no idea what I'm doing either. Ah, well, if Astville floods with lava I'm sure no-one will notice...

Lacus O videns,
Exaudi orationem meam,
Quaerite me ego Dominus,
Domine ut videam,
Permitte mihi loqui ad eum,
Vivamus ut lacus videre.

Out of curiosity, what does that mean? I seem to be incapable of translating it...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 52