Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What artifacts do you hope we get when the artifact release hits?  (Read 23487 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: What artifacts do you hope we get when the artifact release hits?
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 07:46:30 pm »

I'll start, I want a sword that guides me (like how a guide works when you ask someone to guide you) and knows directions to any place I ask it. (oh yeah, and it should be able to talk)
I imagine the rng won't be so forgiving.
A pigtail sock that talks and knows the directions to any kobold cave is more likely.
I'd be fine with that aswell
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 09:26:43 pm »

Sit_Rom, why you gotta put an ellipses after every sentence?

I myself would love to see something like the classic tenleague boots: boots that shrink or grow to fit any size, and allow the wearer to run incredibly fast.

Also, a sack of eternal space would be interesting- especially if, say, it were undroppable and had a chance of eating the user if left empty for too long.

I seem to remember a bag that had teeth in it and would only allow one person to take items from it - anybody else loses a few inches off their fingers. Maybe Harry Potter?

This seems like a "bad" version of that.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 10:11:07 pm »

I seem to remember a bag that had teeth in it and would only allow one person to take items from it - anybody else loses a few inches off their fingers. Maybe Harry Potter?

Are you sure it was abag? You might be thinking about the Luggage from discworld.
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 02:35:25 pm »

I'm really looking forward to the looms of fate toady mentioned.

A guitar with strings of fate would be pretty badass to shred with too.

I wonder what would happen if you interacted with the loom, could you just choose a person to kill or perhaps take control of someone That would be crazy.
I am an indie game dev!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2016, 10:34:10 pm »

Are you sure it was abag? You might be thinking about the Luggage from discworld.
Pretty sure there's a nommy sort of bag that isn't the Luggage.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2016, 02:13:33 pm »

I would like an necromancy artifact that allows one corpse to merge with another and continue to merge with more corpses and build one giant mega-corpse like this
I think that's gonna be available even without artifact use - one of the planned, not-yet-implemented night creature types are undead constructs with mismatched limbs, sutures and grafted weapons.

EPIC :-)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2016, 05:08:09 pm »

Sounds somewhat like the Bag of Devouring, only not indiscriminate.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 05:25:33 pm »

A (preferably steel/admantium/iron and bronze still good too) sword that has magically guided perfect accuracy, so even the worst aim, with their eyes closed can score perfect fast hits that strikes the weakest points in armor and tissue. Legend says that dwarves use this sword to perfect their armor protection, by forcing execution worthy criminals to wear full sets of heavy steel on a traction bench, then forcibly begin attempting to stab as the sword probes the armor structure and design to root out non-deliberately placed and accounted for weaknesses.

Only caveats are it that automatically parries attacks on the user (causing extreme exhaustion) regardless of the projectile (execution by ballista bolts being a common fate befalling past owners) and once unsheathed and drawn, it must strike a living target, else it'll force it to stab yourself in order to function, you direct the sword mentally with intent (sometimes subconscious) but do not determine where it hits with your actions, the sword takes the most 'logical' approach. Ineffective on the undead as often the vital organs the sword may be directed to on intuition are half rotten and non-functional, leading to constant jamming and unnessecary hacking of yourself when the sword runs out of targets and becomes frustrated on your intent in its eyes to hit a 'vital invisible' target.

Its basically a cheat agility sword that forces you to swing perfect hits every time (or/and as a result) die.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2016, 03:40:36 pm »

It would be neat to have a mirror that when doused with blood under the full moon opens a portal into underworld allowing you to gate a demon into this world. The demon would still be hostile to you and all other life upon arrival.

Cursed Sword of Storms: A powerful cursed weapon that arc welds itself to the hand of anyone who picks it up. Can only be removed by severing the limb that holds it. Any foe struck by the sword is hit by lightning. The Sword of Storms has the additional effect of gathering random evil weather over the region the wielder occupies if they stay in one place for more than a couple of days.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:47:11 am by Melting Sky »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 09:42:18 am »

The heirloom sock, is obviously required, and it should be the main cause of wars in the history of the world, that would be hilarious.
I am an indie game dev!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2016, 10:27:50 am »

The heirloom sock, is obviously required, and it should be the main cause of wars in the history of the world, that would be hilarious.

One sock to rule them all, and in the darkness bind us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2016, 10:34:57 pm »

i would like to see armor or accesories that add random tags like amulet of [NOPAIN] or ring of [CAN_LEARN]
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2016, 11:09:53 pm »

That's what I was thinking too. Finding some sort of artifact that's caused countless wars throughout my world's history and hiding it somewhere in the lowest cavern level is a task I'd really like to undertake. I'd feel like a real hero, sacrificing himself to hide The Orange Balls, a sheep wool sock, deep within the bowels of the earth so nobody could ever reclaim it, lest another war caused by men's/elves'/dwarves'/goblins' greed should erupt once again.

Either that or I wear it and get beaten to death by someone else who wants it.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2016, 04:14:16 am »

How about living armor?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2016, 04:42:28 am »

How about living armor?
Fairly decent against steel weapons. Digests owner over time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5