Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1317251 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10770 on: November 09, 2016, 11:32:55 am »

Yeah, you know, maybe we do need a wake up call.  I guess we're getting one anyway, let's make the most of it!  Everybody take a GOOD LOOK at what happens when you choose unrealistic idealism over gradual positive change.

It's like Westboro Baptist.  Nobody takes them seriously, they're too extreme.  But maybe if they try really hard and accept even less compromises, they'll get... someone like Pence... in power...
Joking aside though, the Republicans didn't win this, they didn't even want the guy.  The Democrats tore themselves apart in a fit of jealousy and impatience.

(inb4 "single payer isn't extreme".  Yeah Europe, thanks, but it's extreme here)

You're right sorry, Trump the moderate has won the election! The electorate has chosen gradual change over the radical reform and outrageously hardcore proposal of Hillary the outsider.

But not in this reality, in this reality the compromise candidate lost, and the radical outsider won. So what does it tell us?
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: November 09, 2016, 11:35:45 am »

It tells us the DNC needs to pick a better fucking candidate next time than one that has a relation to a previous president.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:42 am »

It tells us that people disliked Hilary so much they were willing to vote for anyone that would stop her from winning the White House. It's as simple as that. She was never a likeable figure, despite the good things she's done. It's not even the emails, or Benghazi. The American Public formed a negative opinion of her due to White Water, whether that's fair or not, and then doubled that negative opinion during the Monica Lewinsky scandal when she played the dutiful political wife. Not that she could have done anything different, really, but I think that plus the next years of her political career made her look to many like a politician and nothing else.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:39:04 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: November 09, 2016, 11:38:53 am »

You're right sorry, Trump the moderate has won the election! The electorate has chosen gradual change over the radical reform and outrageously hardcore proposal of Hillary the outsider.

But not in this reality, in this reality the compromise candidate lost, and the radical outsider won. So what does it tell us?
Ted Cruz was the extreme conservative.  Trump is a wildcard.  It's very unclear what he actually stands for, except that probably he doesn't trust immigrants.

Of his actual promises, nobody knows how many he'll actually attempt, considering that several are literally impossible.  Obviously things that he just said because they sounded exciting at the time.

The hardline conservatives didn't win, disatisfaction with politics won.  (which did hand conservatives control of Congress, so good job protest voters)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10774 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:41 am »

This is a joke?
This isin't a joke.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #10775 on: November 09, 2016, 11:41:18 am »

Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.

What the hell, Pence. Okay. Let's put it this way.

People who go for nature walks are more likely to be eaten by bears. Therefore, we should abuse nature-lovers to make them hate nature, and stop controlling the bear population. Makes perfect fucking sense!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:44:26 am by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: November 09, 2016, 11:41:36 am »

As a person not from USA this is very unexpected. There was so much anti trump propaganda in medias, a lot more compared to anti clinton propaganda. Very surprised with this. Really hope he will move away from standard US foreign politics, but I doubt it.

Same here, Hillary in the news several times a day for the last half a year and I cannot recall a single positive thing about Trump in media. At 4 am our time when it was sure Florida would go to Trump they were still in full propaganda mode.

Which is astonishing because we're about 7,000 km out and not even in NATO.

edit: I'm sure one of the local public tax money ran media's US correspondences actually shed a tear in live broadcast.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:43:30 am by Erkki »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: November 09, 2016, 11:45:34 am »

Has he given his acceptance speech or anything yet? This thread rather ballooned while I slept, and I'm not about to dig through that to find the answer.

Trump held his speech about 9 hours ago, Hillary speaking ATM, just said Trump will be the next president.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: November 09, 2016, 11:48:08 am »

Sanders or no Sanders, DNC has pushed forward a very unlikable candidate purely due to internal party politics. Surely there were more charismatic people in their ranks, but I guess they weren't in the right place in the party hierarchy :(
Probably not? For all folks keep shitting on clinton the unfortunate reality is she's actually a damned good candidate. The only real problem she had is that people have been buying the ocean of lies and distortion that's been dumped on her, and she's just about the only dem politician outside of obama that's been dealing with the full brunt of the conservative hate machine (that our fucked up cynicism has been plugging the left wing into, too) to any extent because of it.

The media blitz on clinton, the unending damned lies and massive distortion, that was going to happen to goddamn anyone that ran, and we've now seen how resistant our country is to that. Someone else, that wasn't a consummate political operator and speaker who has been under that sort of attack for years? You really think they would have come out of this as well as clinton did? That the DNC actually had some hidden savant that could roll like a second term obama crossed with hillary and a dash of friggin' krishna or somethin'?

Me, I don't think it's as likely as folks seem desperate to latch on to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: November 09, 2016, 11:49:12 am »

Has he given his acceptance speech or anything yet? This thread rather ballooned while I slept, and I'm not about to dig through that to find the answer.

He did, nothing special about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL_wh-d1pP4
Make love not war

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: November 09, 2016, 11:50:29 am »

Just listening to Trump's speech now, employing people on large infrastructural projects sound fairly sensible TBH.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10781 on: November 09, 2016, 11:54:25 am »

Just listening to Trump's speech now, employing people on large infrastructural projects sound fairly sensible TBH.
This is how it starts.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: November 09, 2016, 11:59:23 am »

This is how it starts.
Large scale government employment for public works was also a tactic employed by FDR in the US during the great depression.

Happy day after Election Day. Hopefully no one here has drank themselves to death. In other news, it's the anniversary of Kristallnacht. What a coincidence.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: November 09, 2016, 12:02:37 pm »

I think it can work out really well if you pick the right projects. I reckon reducing energy and transport costs would make the entire economy more competitive on the global market, but then again some different projects might be a better choice, dunno.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: November 09, 2016, 12:08:29 pm »

Yeeeea, if anything the dems and all their supporters pretty much handed the election to Trump. Wake up call, guys, maybe alienating anyone who doesnt imediately agree with you by calling them huge racists, bigots and misogynists isn't the best idea ever for a presidential campaign. All around the world, the news were all positive towards a Hillary win, but only the actual loud crazies took Hillary's campaign seriously. While she was hailed as a saint by the media (so much, in fact, it was almost cartoonish), pretty much nobody actualy took her seriously, while Trump was seen as a guy that, despite getting beatdowns over and over by big media, always somehow seemed to come out on top, even when he didn't have full republican support.

IE, the dems made everything so cartoonish and infantile that everyone just got fed up. Additionaly, the democratic party associated itself with stuff people are not entirely happy with (black lives matter, saying banning milo from twitter is ok, attacking more centre-leaning liberals like sam harris because he's not very fond of islam OR Hillary even though he admitted he'd probably vote for her, etc).

Also, here's a rather big reason Hillary's campaign failed so massively: when faced with all the scandals and accusations thrown against her, nothing much other than utter dismissal was done about it, while at the same time a lot of shit got thrown at Trump, and Trump being Trump, took things at face value and counter attacked, specially in the last debate, even when the media was pretty much ALL Hillary, to the point CNN literally cut off people on air when they wanted to talk about wikileaks stuff on Hillary.
Do you really think people will look at that without as much batting an eye?
What happens to your image when 80% of the people defending your campaign on twitter consists of loud mouthed people who who surround themselves only by people who agree with them and attack anyone who doesnt?
What happens when there's huge infighting and name calling because the more centre leaning liberals don't like hillary at all?

Hell, Trump supporters would just get shut down, told to shut up and banned from discussions simply for not agreeing with the stablished idea in the media of Hillary being a saint. Hell, I watched this happening right here on this very topic, and even warned people that said behavior would come back to haunt them.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 1249