Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1318259 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7935 on: October 20, 2016, 12:50:49 pm »

http://www.politico.com/video/2016/10/trump-says-hell-accept-elections-results-if-he-wins-061026 He's just so fucking selfish, which is no surprise really given that he's a narcissicist. Knowing about this just makes me feel angry and anxious about it because, well, Trump is fucking Trump....
Even better are the numbnuts cheering that statement on.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: October 20, 2016, 12:58:46 pm »

If that was the case I kind of wish she'd just say that.

"I'd love to release the speech, but X, X, X, X and X need to be consulted first."

But as it stands...
You're cute. It's like you think she was sitting there twirling the moustache she grew just so she could look more villainous backstage as she laughed about all the secret deals she promised the rich fuckers she just gave a talk for, knowing all the little people would never get a chance to even read these blatantly incriminating and corrupt sequences of words, because people do that sort of stuff all the time in the real world, not just in poorly written movies.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: October 20, 2016, 01:03:53 pm »

Man, on one hand I don't think it really applies to clinton, but on the other hand I'm not sure how good a defense "only happens in poorly written movies" is this election cycle. Trump's been trying to hit all the bullet points associated with those for months.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: October 20, 2016, 01:07:04 pm »

Obviously, Trump is not going to claim rigging if he wins. But when he loses, are we pretty much guaranteed that he'll go for rejection? Will he do it if it's surprisingly close, or if he gets hammered? What is a situation where he decides claiming rigging is a bad idea; or alternately, when does he decide to go for it?
Historically, a pattern emerges. Trump tends to claim things are rigged when it looks like he has bad odds. We even see this in the Republican primary, where his refusal to promise became big news and then fell out as Trump pulled ahead of the pack. Trump also promised to accept the results at the end of the first debate, when he and Hill Dawg were about even in odds.

There's just no way to tell what he'll do in the likelihood he loses, but what he already did is bad enough. I don't have any belief in most of the American mythos these days, but one of the few things we genuinely do have is about as good transitions of power as a nation can have. Even the Bush v. Gore debacle, all the way at the top, was accepted after the Supreme Court made their ruling. Trump has now put all of that in jeopardy by normalizing electoral brinkmanship.

Yeah, if he truly loved his country, he'd accept the outcome, but we all know he only cares about himself and doesn't care about the consequences.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: October 20, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »

Man, on one hand I don't think it really applies to clinton, but on the other hand I'm not sure how good a defense "only happens in poorly written movies" is this election cycle. Trump's been trying to hit all the bullet points associated with those for months.
Exactly, and he couldn't even grow a good villain beard due to his lizard heritage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: October 20, 2016, 01:25:05 pm »

*Lives in a posh Florida compound that could have been a Miami Vice soundstage: Check
*Irrationally angry and kicks puppies just to show how evil he is: Check
*Super rich and rubs that in the audience's face: Check
*Willing to use nukes, damn the costs: Check
*Seeks to overthrow the US government: Check
*Has a series of stock catchphrases: Check
*Has an army of trash-tier mooks in wifebeaters: Check
*Has some weird physical trait to mark him as the Big Bad: Check

What am I missing here? Has he kidnapped Rae Dawn Chong yet?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: October 20, 2016, 01:33:37 pm »

Not yet, but she's a bit too uh, let's go with Canadian for him to target.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: October 20, 2016, 01:57:59 pm »

He lives at the top of a huge tower, and Bruce Willis is also in the tower. Also note that there's someone held prisoner in the tower. For realz.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:01:37 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: October 20, 2016, 02:03:55 pm »

He lives at the top of a huge tower, and Bruce Willis is also in the tower.
Now that's smart. How to keep away celebrity press and other undesirables? Just rent a place where someone lives who depletes the pool of those for you.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: October 20, 2016, 02:19:34 pm »

He lives at the top of a huge tower, and Bruce Willis is also in the tower. Also note that there's someone held prisoner in the tower. For realz.
That is kind of amazing. I'm expecting Bruce to blow it up and jump out to land on an Amazon delivery drone any day now.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: October 20, 2016, 02:25:16 pm »

Also note that Trump has a crony who has secret links with the Russians, whereas Gruber in Die Hard has his main henchman secretly played by a Russian, and that in Die Hard, the baddie targets a greedy Japanese corporation, whereas Trump is targeting Chinese corporations. (EDIT And in both cases the reason that they're targeting the Asian companies is bogus).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:34:18 pm by Reelya »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7946 on: October 20, 2016, 02:27:16 pm »

Glitch in the Matrix! This was supposed to be a movie, not real life!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: October 20, 2016, 02:28:11 pm »

Does that mean Trump's going to launch his coup on Christmas Eve?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7948 on: October 20, 2016, 02:37:05 pm »

And then one hero will stand and defeat him! With the Blade of Democracy! (or impeach him, whatever)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: October 20, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »

A proper villain death for Trump would be that he loses the election, Clinton offers him an olive branch, then instead of grabbing the branch, he goes to punch her in the face, then plummets to his death, screaming "Noooooo".

He's sort of already done that to himself. There are articles saying a lot of long-time Trump product consumers now don't want to go near anything with his name on it. And I'm not sure the converts he's getting have enough disposable income to replace that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:45:56 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 1249