Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Asin's Trinket Emporium.  (Read 8150 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Asin's Trinket Emporium.
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »

Hello, good peoples of this place. The name's Asin. All ya need to know about me. I am what you would call a "permanent trader". I have all sorts of trinkets and doodads that dwarves, elves, goblins, and humans can enjoy. Hell, maybe we can reach a bargain for something ya want. So, now that you are here, buy something, will ya? (OOC: I made this because I felt like doing something weird.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:00:32 am by Asin »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up shop...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:11:00 pm »

Bah! Those hovel-dwelling elf-sympathisers at the mountainhome want ☼whalebone amulets☼ for some weird reason. Apparently its this new decadent invention of theirs, "fashion". Well, I don't trust it. Why do you need a new type of jewellery every year, when you can be satisfied with snatching a piece identical to the three hundred in your cabinet from the trade depot? Still, there's big money to be made in bartering for steel armour, as if those Mountainhome civilian bastards know what war smells like...

Anyone, I'm going to need a wagonload, how many can you get me?
One wheel short of a wagon

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 01:12:09 pm »

A gaunt, mysterious cloaked individual enters. His yellow eyes gaze toward the shopkeeper from beneath his cowl, and when he whispers, it is as if ten thousand pieces of chalk scratch the same board endlessly, and from the cacophony a jagged, hissing whisper is heard.

"Do you... have any... Jam... In stock?"

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 01:37:00 pm »

I have 50 amulets, you'd be surprised how many people throw these away. As for the cloaked one, I have a jar of *prickle berry jam*. The amulets are 1 copper coin each and the jam's 2 copper coins.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:02:34 pm by Asin »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 02:12:45 pm »

*steals a fruit*
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 02:24:19 pm »

HEY! I SAW THAT! (pulls out crossbow) There is a reason I have this and you know damn well what I'll do! Put back the fruit or you will be gravely wounded.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 02:32:49 pm »

Nice crossbow you've got here! How much would you ask for it?
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Asin's Trinket Emporium!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 02:47:50 pm »

This is my personal crossbow. Not for sale. However, I have a bronze crossbow some old human gave me. That one is 20 copper coins. 5 copper coins for 20 bolts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 03:50:31 pm »

Could I give you sixty plump helmets instead? We had a bumper year, you know, what with all the burning mudflow from the volcano and the dead elf bodies. Our alchemist says it's something to do with the "night riffy cat iron" in the soil. Weird bloke, but a good keen man with a mace, no matter what anyone says.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 04:06:06 pm »

I'll take plump helmets. Also, you know any good taverns? My personal stockpile of longland beer's running low.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 04:12:58 pm »

Also, you're talking about some grand new invention called "fashion"? Pff. Like that'll ever become big. Anywho, since you are my first customer, I'll be giving ya a masterwork steel pick as a bonus. I got it from something new called an "auction" over at my home fortress of Beerheart. They take some dead sap's belongings and sell 'em. I got the pick for about 5 silver coins.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 04:34:01 pm »

Right generous of you that is. Just goes to show, you can't stop progress. You really mean they turned a profit from the old bloke' s stuff, rather than everyone just jumping on the corpse and snatching whatever they can lay hands on? They're an odd lot at Beerheart with all that liberal Dwarven rights stuff. You hear that military dwarves can wear their beards at less than a foot in public now? Bloody scandalous that is, beard cutting, downright indecent, if you ask me.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »

By the gods... A foot long?! A beard is pretty much everything and ya tell him to cut it to a foot?! What is the world coming to?! I need a drink. Speaking of which, you know any nearby taverns? Running low on my supply of Longland beer. I think I might have said that earlier.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 10:09:54 pm »

A human in a long and shabby robe walks up. He has a medium-length but still impressive beard.

"Do you have any whip vine powder or sliver extract on hand?"
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 10:32:14 pm »

I have an ounce of whip vine powder. 2 silver coins. What do you need it for? A fancy dish?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11