Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [SG] The Sell-Swords Hoard  (Read 6399 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] The Sell-Swords Hoard
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2017, 05:01:18 pm »

I say the plan is use demons to try and make them abandon their defenses and fight us in the open.

Send archers to harass the wall while we summon the Nameless demon to pop their magic users. Have the knights on standby to rush in if they decide to charge our archers at this time. Once the demon does its job, and the Badgers do not commit to charging us, retreat to a defensive position and set up camp.

Once the warlocks recover, send a basic earth demon to smash their fortifications.

Once the warlocks recover a second time, try to flush them out with Quaavrx's spores.

If they don't charge at our defenses by the time Quaavrx's debuff is almost over, commit to the attack, leaving the Warlocks and Mares behind.

If the hunting party shows up before the main fight begins, engauge them with a volley from our archers and a charge from our knights. If the hunting party gets close enough to the wall that their fortified archers can help, just back off and allow them enter the camp.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:13:04 pm by Weirdsound »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 12:44:44 am »

I say the plan is use demons to try and make them abandon their defenses and fight us in the open.

Send archers to harass the wall while we summon the Nameless demon to pop their magic users. Have the knights on standby to rush in if they decide to charge our archers at this time. Once the demon does its job, and the Badgers do not commit to charging us, retreat to a defensive position and set up camp.

Once the warlocks recover, send a basic earth demon to smash their fortifications.

Once the warlocks recover a second time, try to flush them out with Quaavrx's spores.

If they don't charge at our defenses by the time Quaavrx's debuff is almost over, commit to the attack, leaving the Warlocks and Mares behind.

If the hunting party shows up before the main fight begins, engauge them with a volley from our archers and a charge from our knights. If the hunting party gets close enough to the wall that their fortified archers can help, just back off and allow them enter the camp.

I'd +1 this, except it seems like we can only summon one of those demons in a day? If i'm reading correctly, our warlocks need a day of rest before they are able to summon another one, as exercising that much power basically puts them out of commission.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2017, 04:05:34 am »

Yeah, we will have to wait a day, but if we can just retreat and wipe out one of their unfortified hunting parties all the better. 

I say we kill the shamans with the above plan, then move to assault the enemy hunting party before it gets anywhere near the fortification.  The defenders will not be able to come out and save the returning hunting party in time.

Then we summon the earth demon the next day to squish the defenders to the sides and tear down the walls in the middle.  We should assault immediately while the earth demon is working so they are smashed and exposed before they have time to regroup or retreat further back.

But let us leave the second day plan open for now until we know how the first day with attacking the returning hunting party goes.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2017, 12:59:22 pm »

I kind of derped. Yeah, i'll +1 Weirdsound's plan. Now i kind of realize he was taking into account the recovery time of our warlocks. We have the advantage, and i have no problem sitting tight and wearing them down.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]