Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New artifacts  (Read 845 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
New artifacts
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:53:31 pm »

What interesting new artifacts have you found? Share here.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: New artifacts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:56:01 pm »

The second high owl (high priest?) of the Faith of Lusters, Bolli Birthglowing, was killed by a cyclops, so his successor preserved his skull as a totem, thus sanctifying his fallen predecessor. The totem was named Gleamdreams and kept in the Umber Shrine, the first and most important temple/etc. of the Faith of Lusters.

Bolli Birthglowing had sanctified his own predecessor, Dosla Clawtreaty, the first high owl, by naming his favorite robe as an artifact of the faith, Emeraldgleamed. (Apparently 'gleam' is an important word in the Faith of Lusters. Makes sense, given the name...) It was made of linen and encrusted with well-crafted rose cut star sapphires. It was stored in the Umber Shrine, but was stolen a few decades later by the ettin Gel Boldknighted the Persuasive Embraces during his rampage through Chuckedcrushed (the city where the Umber Shrine was built). The ettin then made the robe a "family heirloom," despite not having a family. The ettin later stole some Longland beer, and this drove the Hardy Group to declare her their enemy. (wut)

I am loving this update. Such a complex world for my adventurers and fortresses to live in!

(I think I'm going to send an adventurer to steal back Emeraldgleamed.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:03:38 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!