Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.12  (Read 65625 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.10
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2018, 11:26:08 am »

@Carch- Legends viewer
@pikachu- At the time I was playing it, it was in 44.10. I'd leave GPeter to upgrade it to 44.11.

Artifacts? Pshaw, more like useless books that need to be burnt. I'm glad the dwarves didn't haul everything back, that'd be messy and I really don't need more junk in the map. Raising the site gets you more books without opposition, so in theory you could draft the entire fort and send them to retrieve everything.
Is my dwarf finally going to get to be a scholar?
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 01, 2018, 03:36:59 am »

Breakfastpit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The final months of Breakfastpit were relatively uneventful (for an undead hellscape). Body clean-up progressed throughout, with the finishing touches being put to the MEGASHAFT. Briefly a werechameleon paid a visit to the dwarves, but he was quickly dispatched by Guardian squad. While the dwarves of Breakfastpit tended to their crops and corpses, a trundling shape appeared on the horizon. The dwarven caravan.

Spoiler: Werechameleon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caravan (click to show/hide)

Within half an hour the depot was bustling with activity. Pots of dwarven meals were carted from the kitchens and loaded onto the caravan. The smell wafting through the air became a puzzling mix of rotting corpses and fine cuisine. Amidst the hubbub, a dwarf jumps from the caravan carrying a rucksack. "Hoy, we met a bunch of armed dwarves on the road. Told us to give you fellas this". Broker Zon's looked puzzled, but his eyes widen as he saw the books within. Stacks of books, written in strange arcane languages, with all types of handwriting under the sun. "He also said there's more of where that came from, assuming the place hasn't burnt down yet". The merchant gave Zon a wink, and went back to the trade.

Spoiler: Trade report (click to show/hide)

---

Mayor Dozebom stares vacantly at the ceiling as Bearskie continues his rant. Poor old chap was clearly under a lot of stress, but this meeting was unfortunately sidling into his next appointment. He notices a break in Bearskie's tirade and quickly seizes his chance. "Tell you what old chap! Perhaps you just need a change of pace. Take this," He passes Bearskie something metal with an apologetic smile, who looks on with a confused expression. It was Zan's old captain of the guard badge.

"Mayor, I am hundred fifty one, only person I can punish is myself."

Dozebom winks, "Barskie my dwarf, that badge's nothing but a symbol. Do me a favour and keep it out of that mad Zan's hand. Look at it this way, you're one of us nobles now! Kick back, relax and enjoy your nice rooms, and all you have to do is punch a lad every once in a while. Trust me, you'll come to enjoy it. Now, if you'll please excuse me, I have a meeting with the outpost liaison... many important matters to discuss over the past year, I'm sure you'll understand." He hurriedly ushers out Bearskie, just before the outpost liaison turns a corner and sweeps into his office. "Mayor Dozebom. We have many important matters to discuss." Of course.

"External news, nothing much to concern your little settlement here, but we have heard news of a gang of dwarven bandits raiding human settlements close to the north. Of course, that's none of our business; we're technically at war with the humans now afterall. I suppose you wouldn't happen to know anything about it would you? No, I didn't think so. Very well, we'll just consider it a boon of luck then. The enemy of our enemy is our friend. Agreed?"

"Additionally, we have received word that Roomsounded has been razed to the ground. Needless to say, this is quite a pleasing development, considering this outpost has been falling far short of expectations as of late. Perhaps now you can focus on meeting your quota". Dozebom considered whether to respond, but the liaison dismissively waved him silent. "Regardless, we have high hopes for Breakfastpit in the future. Merit deserves reward, and I come empowered to establish this colony as an official land of our realm."

"Ah, Mistem Criedrelics - the Queen's own great great grandaughter herself! A lovely choice, if I may say so. I take it Miss Criedrelics has been settling in well in Breakfastpit? Very good, very good. All that remains is to make it official then. Sign here please..."

"Farewell then. We at the mountainhomes wish you luck for the coming year. Remember Mayor Dozebom, our fortunes rise and fall together."

SAVE

Winter has arrived.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 01, 2018, 04:28:38 am »

didn't we get 194% price for prepared meals this time? I think I kept track of that. heh.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 01, 2018, 12:46:34 pm »

I have some stuff going on IRL right now, nothing too much of a problem, but It should be fixed, would you guys mind If I skip my turn in favor of Dozebom, and then I play after him?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »

am I ok
do i have cat?
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »

Doesn't anyone check the dead/alive/dorfed list???

Dead - Please submit request for redorf with new name
Lunardog (u ded)
Faker
Kametec
Voicebook
Imic
Moony the Werepig

Alive
Dr Akko (Quasar) - harrowed werepig
Carch - Mad Scientist
Hydrangea - Lieutenant of Suicidal Justice Squad
Zan the Sworder - Captain of Suicidal Justice Squad
Noloc the Translator - Militia commander
Auze the Scholar - Guardian
Dozebom - mayor
Lord Brassroast -miner
Speciesunkn0wn - hammerer
Diggy (Sanctume) - miner
Killermartian - scarred peddler
SQman - Paladin
Yarf - weaponsmith
Bearskie -COTG

I suppose we could sacrifice a cat to your immortal soul.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2018, 11:13:48 pm »

Smells like.... breadbowl.

I'm not joining, but I'll watch.

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2018, 03:29:32 pm »

We don't have dedicated mechanics and Yarn is the only smith, desperate times I'm sure you understand. How bout a gem cutter? Bonus - He's relatively sane!

I can work with this. Also, sanity isn't a necessity but it is a nice touch!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2018, 10:17:57 pm »

How fortuitous! I log in today for the first time in weeks, to see this less than a day after it was sent. Yes, I am certainly ready. (This week is probably one of the best in the summer for me to take my turn, in fact. Fortuitous and fortuitouser.) Thanks for the good luck, and I must say that I am filled with dread when imagining what may have happened in the last month or two since I last looked at the thread.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2018, 02:08:29 am »

lucky us too. and. yeah. stuff certainly happened.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2018, 06:09:52 am »

I should be ready by the time Dozebom finishes.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Vaporo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2018, 06:39:45 am »

Hey, if neither Dozebom or GPeter are ready to go, I have some extra time this week, so I could do my turn.

Radipon

• Bay Watcher
  • Soapen Avatar of Vesh
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2018, 03:08:10 pm »

This thread has inspired a number of above-ground games for me and it's amazing that anything gets done when you need every free hand available to finish up building construction.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:09:55 pm by Radipon »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2018, 05:49:19 pm »

Due to the universe having a sense of humor, my internet developed problems nearly immediately after my remarks on fortuity. It is fixed now, AFAICT, and I intend to post an update tomorrow.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2018, 07:41:46 am »

I've got some big tests arriving next week, but after those, I should be good to go!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28