Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thank you mountain home  (Read 1112 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Thank you mountain home
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:12:48 am »

How is this even a thing?
And they are all over 100 years old... Is the mountain home sending me dwarfs for euthanization or some thing.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you mountain home
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:03:15 am »

What's your worldgen civ history like? Seems like more than just mere bad luck.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:34:42 am »

Your fort is now officially a gulag for those charged with social parasitism.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:42:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It looks like they left our civilization (spies or exiled?) and then instantely joined it at my fortress.
Edit:
I looked through their personal histories and they seem to have practiced skills, then left our civ, came to my fort without skills... Aliens?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:45:58 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:26:00 am »

If this is the first migrant wave, they may be procedurally generated "void" migrants. Basically aliens, yes.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 01:53:05 pm »

These still make useful raiders early on, give them wooden shields and copper or wooden swords. As long as you stay in stealth and don't openly attack, they will provide a steady if modest stream of salvage and livestock.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:08:18 am »

The leave/join record is a bug, AFAICT. It seems that the game treats leaving a civ site as leaving that civ, even if you immediately join another site of the same civ. At that point, you will rejoin the civ, but the brief leave/join will remain part of the group history log seen in Legends mode and the detailed dwarf view.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 04:24:50 am »

Yeah, basically, when they join a new site civ, they leave the overall civ, then join everything back up again.  I think it's probably to deal with things like baby snatching.