Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7642 7643 [7644] 7645 7646 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575305 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114645 on: November 04, 2018, 03:12:23 pm »

I hope someday it will matter enough to me that I'll actually manage to find a new place and move out on my own.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114646 on: November 04, 2018, 04:40:54 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:04:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #114647 on: November 05, 2018, 02:36:42 am »

I'm turning my vacations into a paper-war. I. Want. To. Hurt. the people who've been reselling paid merchandise more than once.

edit: oh and I'm setting an alarm to seek vengeance on my first day of vacation; this is turning out just great.
To Do:
  • Seek Vengeance
  • Acquire Legal Weapons
  • Vanquish Foes

On the topic of an uploaded Bay12 arguing forever, I must say, that doesn’t sound like the worst way to spend eternity. All the better if the upper boards are included so I can spend half of eternity playing DF and reading/writing about it.

(Of course, if I ever do upload myself, I’ll be ethically obligated to find the fastest route to godhood. But that doesn’t mean I won’t dedicate a tiny chunk of computronium to simulating Bay12.)

Edit: DEAR GOD WHY. The {list}s are multiplying.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:38:50 am by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114648 on: November 05, 2018, 02:38:19 am »

Grey area:

Upgrading DF into a full universe simulation, then waxing nostalgic about all the pulpy deaths from the goblin sieges.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114649 on: November 05, 2018, 04:46:39 am »

I am losing control of my life. I've complained about work on here before. Time to continue doing so.

I only know English. I may know a few phrases in other languages but nowhere near enough to get by. My coworker, on the other hand, apparently knows German pretty well.

Our latest magic bullet involves shipping both of us off to our Swiss office to solve all of our problems. Except we're not shipping off together - my coworker wants to take his wife with him, so they're arriving the week after me.

That brings us to today. I find myself six hours separated from anyone I care about, stranded in a city where pretty much only my office speaks my language. I've got a few hundred francs in my pocket and am nursing a building migraine because my last two meals were "bread and peanut butter" and "bread and chicken pate" from a gas station and my last coffee, excepting the tiny espresso that everyone in the office loves was shitty airplane coffee ~27 hours ago. My wife and child, back home all alone, are both having trouble sleeping. I hope the three of us make it through this intact.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114650 on: November 05, 2018, 06:37:28 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:04:15 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114651 on: November 05, 2018, 07:02:06 am »

I got Tinder to work, turns out it was my fault (it's always my fault) and I run up against the same, old, unfixed problem: I look at pictures and I'm just disgusted. Even very pretty girls, just disgusted. I look at pictures of myself, and I'm disgusted. I'm left wondering how anyone can ever be attracted to anyone else. How do you look at someone and think "That's a person I'd like to talk to." and not "That's a vile flesh thing." like I seem to be doing.

Maybe I'm just doomed to loneliness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114652 on: November 05, 2018, 07:21:47 am »

How do you look at someone and think "That's a person I'd like to talk to." and not "That's a vile flesh thing." .
Google "Tinder for Terminators". Maybe you'll find a social network that suits you?
Don't be too surprised if the date ends up with you losing your boots, clothes and motorcycle though
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114653 on: November 05, 2018, 07:49:46 am »

How do you look at someone and think "That's a person I'd like to talk to." and not "That's a vile flesh thing." .
Google "Tinder for Terminators". Maybe you'll find a social network that suits you?
Don't be too surprised if the date ends up with you losing your boots, clothes and motorcycle though

Posting just to appreciate the reference. Bravo sir, bravo.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114654 on: November 05, 2018, 08:26:57 am »

I guess it's just one of those days where I'm just not in a good place.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114655 on: November 05, 2018, 08:56:33 am »

edit @ meph

I may know a few phrases in other languages but nowhere near enough to get by.

swiss is kind of the worst place to start, with it having 4 national languages

ugh and it's expensive yes, my dad allways made sure he'd never have to stop in swiss xD

There may be four "national languages" but they seem to be very regional. Live near Germany? German. Live near France? French. Live near Italy? Italian.

And yeah, expensive. The equivalent of an "under the table" Chinese restaurant ran me CHF 24 (exchange rate is roughly equivalent at the moment, so eyeball it at $24) for a plate of rice and duck. That's about double what I'd expect to pay in the States.

I need a drink. I don't trust myself not to drink it all tonight, though.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114656 on: November 05, 2018, 09:20:58 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:09:40 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114657 on: November 05, 2018, 09:23:46 am »

Hey, guess who's the dork who didn't try to take out more of his SSRI prescription until after he'd used the last dose?

This one. This dork here. They'll have it in stock come Wednesday, 4 doses from now.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114658 on: November 05, 2018, 09:43:06 am »

Hey, guess who's the dork who didn't try to take out more of his SSRI prescription until after he'd used the last dose?

This one. This dork here. They'll have it in stock come Wednesday, 4 doses from now.

I don't get more asthma inhalers until months after the last one has run out.  We can suffer together.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114659 on: November 05, 2018, 11:56:00 am »

*quietly slides his two full prescriptions out of view*

I'm in the middle of a depressive episode!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7642 7643 [7644] 7645 7646 ... 8156