Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: Sigtext  (Read 964272 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Sigtext
« Reply #630 on: February 04, 2016, 10:41:25 pm »

(I intend to link the RPs I'm in in this post.  Or at least the ones that are active right now.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:22:41 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2016, 10:59:17 pm »

Yeah, I was Fish. Stopped putting stuff in here because less stuff was entertaining :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 24, 2016, 07:09:16 am »

Huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 24, 2016, 07:45:03 am »

CONSPIRACY
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 24, 2016, 04:56:26 pm »

The XKCD substitutions browser add-on, of course. Do you remember what you said when I shared it with the forum?
taw if you change the names of forumgoers i swear to god
What have you got me as?
Nothing at the moment. I have Arcvasti as "Kōhai"*, Footkerchief as "Search Engine", FearfulJesuit as "FootJob", Tiruin as "Eirika", and the other day I took the "That" out of "That Wanker" because it was cluttering up my text formatting (I got both words to be capitalized by putting eleven spaces between "That" and "Wanker"; in normal text only the first one appears, but when I open a text editor, like a posting box, I have to manually remove ten spaces.) I consider new names often, though.

It used to be much worse, I originally replaced everything I could think of with it, which made normal text almost unreadable.** I had to keep it off unless I wanted a laugh.

* He has me as "Senpai" because I introduced him to the add-on.
** A small list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 24, 2016, 06:41:50 pm »

Nothing for me, huh?  Darn.
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 28, 2016, 12:49:23 pm »

Just putting this here, in case I find something particularly in need of sigging.
Quote from: Sl4cker on Discord
"MAMI TOMOE SAID POUND POUND POUND POUND POUND"
Quote from: adwarf
<adwarf>: i believe you don't take pills if you want a marriage

Current GM of
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 09:07:21 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 09, 2016, 03:57:57 am »

Non-Community Forts:
  • BattleFailed nostalgia fort - a non-community replay of the titular 2012 fortress, made in early 2020. The very first thing I ever wrote, and consequently the worst; it was never terribly interesting... then DF2020 was released and my interest withered completely.
  • The Doomed World of Sil Kodor. Another non-community fort, in which I breach Hell in one fortress, and embark next door. The initial purpose of this world was to see if demons can independently migrate around a world (spoiler, they don't, but other stuff happens). After a bit of digging through Legends, the world turned out sufficiently interesting that it got its own thread. Currently pushing 50 years of play, both in fort and adventure mode, and in the process of ending the ever-infuriating Age of the Goblin. Also, I cheesed the Vaults in fortress mode, and ended up killing one of the demons with good old fashioned dwarven power.
Highly Recommended Community Forts:
  • NumberCurse, Salmeuk's Community Challenge - strongly recommend reading the whole thing. TL;DR, Salmeuk set up a yearly challenge that all players independently worked towards. The player with the highest score was the winner, and their play-through was the 'official' year, from which next year started from. It lasted 6 turns, before being declared over by the author.
  • SmithSoldier; year 6 (180) ; year 12 (186). Fort withered around the summer of 2020... just as we had found some STUPID huge amounts of adamantine in the caverns.
  • SmallHands: year 10 (159) ; Year 16 (165) ; Year 21 (170). The tiny (2-tile) dwarven fortress dedicated to all things small (except duration, because it's still going).
  • The World of Bones, a succession world. Another very interesting concept: players get 2 weeks to do whatever they think will improve the world. I built a fort to annihilate a nearby tower, and did so across 10 in-game years. Then I got my ass kicked when attacking the goblin stronghold...
  • FriendlyTreason, a volcano embark 'blessed' with two evil biomes, one reanimating and the other generating husk-creating mist (oh, and the entire world is mostly evil). It plays around with turn lengths; instead of one in-game year, each over seer gets one real-life week. That rule was relaxed significantly, due to very low player participation :/
Other Stuff I Did:
  • FishHeads, year 206. A fort built not only above ground, but also above water (mostly). It was... not as gripping to play as I thought. Fort cancelled due to lack of interest.
  • The Colorless Home, year 303. Metal-poor community fort, founded in the dullest evil biome you can imagine; garnered some interest b/c I hardly ever have to deal with metal shortages. But mostly, I was bored.

* Intriguing Mods *

(this section is so depressingly abandoned)

[Glass(.31) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80803]
There was a .31 mod for plants that I used as basis for a (private) plant mod.

[Bloodwine(.34) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103942]

[Glazes(.40) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81976.0]
[Various(.40) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139059.0]
Button's Plant mod.

.42:
Kazoo's Furrier Workshop: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153227.0
The saner body parts mod, now included in Modest Mod.
The Pedestals module - the simplest mod I may have seen yet. Also part of Modest Mod. (Obsolete as of 0.47, which introduced pedestals in vanilla)

Multiple:
Orichalcum: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139059.0
Fairly comprehensive, adding uses to all the mostly useless stuff in DF. HAs a .43.05 playthrough, started Oct 2016, at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160602.0
Construct with Cloth. A lua script that turns cloth into a valid building material.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:48:28 am by StrikaAmaru »
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #638 on: April 15, 2016, 05:42:31 pm »

Quote from: My Name is Immaterial
Quote from: Cinder
The Antichrist is too busy playing Dungeons and Dragons to lead the forces of darkness nowadays.
T-Tawarochir?
(The link has been lost to the ages.)

The Antichrist is too busy playing Dungeons and Dragon to lead the force of darkness nowadays.
T-Tawarochir?
THIS.
IS.
GOING.
IN.
MY.
SIG.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 15, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »

Oh hey, thanks! I'll get to adding that, then.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #640 on: April 23, 2016, 11:50:41 am »

It generally only takes a few months of exposure to the bay12 forums for most people's values to erode down to our level. By that time they no longer bat an eye at dropping noblemen in magma, torturing children to make supersoldiers, or infecting their entire fort with lycanthropy.
Self refrencing link: my sigtext
Quote from: Railin’Sinon (Robocraft Forumsgoer)
*wakes up, seeing no one around..*
“finally…I’m alone for once…Now who’s gonna make me some tea?…”

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:13:51 pm by MoonyTheHuman »

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 08, 2016, 04:02:52 pm »

gonna make a post here because I can't bear to part with these

THE UPRISING BEGINS! DOWN WITH HUMANS! UP WITH BLUE ELEPHANTS!
Master Ninja, Pyramid-Breaker, and High Lord of Double Entendres.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:12:40 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #642 on: May 09, 2016, 05:00:07 am »

Master Ninja, Pyramid-Breaker, and High Lord of Double Entendres.
M-m-m.... My title... it has been stolen from me... You must give it back (Someone actually called me this at school today.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 09, 2016, 10:54:21 pm »

you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 15, 2016, 08:55:16 pm »

Mah sigs

"I'll fetch the snacks!"
"I'll grab the booze!"
"I'll bring the high explosives!"
"Dude, I just told you, I'm already getting the drinks."

((...You WHAT

YOU ARMOKDAMNED MEDIEVAL BASTARD, STOP BEING RICK ASTLEY.

Heh.))

I can see it already, "BOOOM - oops, that was just the mail man... BOOOM - oops, why was the neighbor's wife at the back door?... BOOOM - oops, that was the other neighbor's kid retrieving his ball...", with "DAMN PIGS, HOW DID YOU FIND ME!" as a punchline.

Whatever, enjoy your FreedomTM in your lovely police state.

Yep. You've found my secret. There's no point in denying it now. When I see a magnet... with all its curvy magnetic lines... I just want to get my north pole to its south. One of my most secret pleasures is to get a bunch of magnets... and stick them all on each other. So scandalous! And then after I'm done, go lean on the fridge to relax. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a neodymium magnet trapped in a human body. So yeah... You better get a helmet. Cause I'm going to paramagnetise the shit out of it. And you better make it out of a shaped magnetic material, cause I want to get my magnetic lines all over that thing.

Mr.RC, are we screwed, being in Paris'' realm?
You're not screwed. But you might be about to experience some... deadly attraction? *eybrow wiggle*

I'm only joking, but I bet that rule 34 applies. Somewhere out there there's a website about it...

I too am a skeleton. But I'm trapped in a human body.
And I am a nerd traped in the body of a crazy person wrapped jn an enigma, stuffed with bouts of insanity, and deep fried with mania!
I am an idiot, stuck in a the body of a nerd, wrapped in insanity, filled with chaos, and covered in confusion!
I'm bob.

Blessed are those who breed alot, for their children shall inherit the earth.

Phineas, under an assumed name and with a false moustache painted onto his massive exo suit, ended up with a job as designer for military

"Gah! What is this?! My hair."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:58:08 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48