Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48

Author Topic: Sigtext  (Read 348110 times)

Dozeb˘m Lolumzalýs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Sigtext
« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2016, 02:42:15 pm »

The idea that third parties is irrelevant is a very carefully constructed propaganda campaign created specifically to keep people from voting for them.
You should add a link in your sig.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg7282448#msg7282448]Sigtext![/url]will give Sigtext!, and
Code: [Select]
[quote author=BorkBorkGoesTheCode link=topic=49316.msg7282448#msg7282448 date=1480702691]Sigtext![/quote] will give
Sigtext!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: SalvanÚ Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident old man.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sigtext of Imic. Just Imic.
« Reply #676 on: December 21, 2016, 09:38:41 am »

My sigtext will go here.
So Ireland was Atlantis all along

I've always known in my heart this to be true
Even Poseidon seeks revenge for Brexit. Ireland is just collateral damage.

"Master Meatsmiths have been beating their meat for hundreds of years, honing their craft to infuse these dog chews with so much flavor and nutrition that your bitch will go wild. Your dog will be happy too. Get this seasonal, limited, first-time to market delicacy that you won't regret. Limited supply."
If I wasn't scared of dwarves when they were in the wrong, what shall I fear from senators?
Never go full chimpanzee. I have zero clue what went wrong in a Tim Horton's to make someone mad enough to chuck their own shit like a goddamn ape.
DAMN IT! I have been spending years and years tripying to be sigged! Every single metric ounce of my fibre is dedicated to nothing but one day making my way into someone's sig! THEN WHY DOES SOMEONE NAMED BLARG POURING SMALL POTATOES ON PEOPLE GET INTO A SIG!!!!!!!! FUCK POTATOES!!!!!!!!

please don't sue me this is a joke

For the record, Blarg is a player character in my game Gridhood: Bay 12 edition. Feel free to join that game and do stupid stuff in it. That seems to be the way to get sigged these days.
*walks into thread* Hey guys! What's-

They look like proper Asian dragons, what is dumb is they evolve into a Euro dragon (I like both but come on, a lil' consistency pls) plus Dragonair is geourgous

AND YOU KNOW WHATS IN ASIA?

COMMUNISM!
REGARDLESS!
RUSSIA IS IN ASIA
SO IS CHINA
COMMUNISM!

WE WILL NOT ACCEPT A COMMUNISTIC SNAKE ON OUR TEAM
Hits the table
HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY
THERE IS NO COMMUNISM
that sounds like something A COMMUNIST WOULD SAY!!!
GOD SAVE THE MIDDLE OF THE SPECTRUM
ALL HAIL OUR MODERN GERMAN LORDS AND MASTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

I'm sorry, my grammar-nazi-ism has ben particularly bad these last few days, so you lost me at "alot".
has ben
ben
::)

.... enjoys ...small children. ...

1: Loudly declare that target is evil.
2: Light sword on fire.
3: Hit evil with sword.
4: Profit?

Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!

Like a mix of being a wolfkin and being initiated into a terrorist cell.

Wat
Did you attempt to kiss a hyena?

Hold on extra hard to your tinfoil hats, people.

In your search for a suitable village, you discovered the following:

- The Ecclesiarchy and the Redemptionist Cult both have a huge presence in the world. Mutants and Psykers are purged on sight, and even vague rumors of them are thoroughly investigated.

[snipping of lots of bad stuff]

- All in all, there is much looting, pillaging, senseless violence, and vile heresy going on. The Planetary Governor may or may not have asked a Space Marine Chapter for aid for dealing with the "heretics" and actual heretics, that Space Marine Chapter may or may not be due to arrive within half a year. It may or may not be wise to avoid them at all costs if and when they arrive.

- No one ever said worshiping Tzeentch would be easy.

...THE TREEES, THE TREES, THE TREES ARE OUT TO KILL US, THEY WILL MURDER US BY UNLEASHING HELL ITSELF, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Does Kobold training include forgoing your dignity?

1) Procure some tasty Fiber One bars. These are surprisingly tasty, but DEADLY.
I had deep colon gas production that could sustain 15 second farts, in rapid succession. It was unpleasant. VERY unpleasant.  They are however, quite tasty. Like a Granola bar.
Yes, I will gladly corrupt his speakers into audio-shitposting.
Technically, you killed ATHATH.
Try to point it out before another giant portal swallows it.
Well, you can't now; now I'm giraffes.
Only Rowrowrowyourboat Gentlydownthestreamman died, but only in the Milkverse. In Emprahsque-verse he's fine.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
Politics would consist of endless lively debates, occasional fistfights, and every now and then a giant amphibian coming in and swallowing a representative whole.
Dear God, this would improve American politics immensely. For one, people would actually watch C-SPAN, if for no other reason than to see who got eaten today.
What's the point when that one idle tiger man who hangs around the meeting zone always wins every election
Toady Theocracy? Sounds good to me
So. If you are like me, then I have two things to say to you.

1. Get a life.
*Skitters across the ceiling and darts into a hole in the wall, chittering angrily.*
Awaken Space-Cthulhu from its depths.
but the only god is grisha5 and he is not eldritch

Imic's powers of persuasion knows no bounds.

Oh well, it's no wizardry, it's science : the more you cook cats, the less you have pussy
I hate myself for this joke please don't ban me
You will always be my 2d waifu even in the face of countradicting evidence
Careful now, they'll still confiscate your haggis.
Weren't we supposed to be a farming fort?

Stage 1: Fertilize the ground with the blood of innocents

Constructivory falls. It may have been my fault.

Oops.

The bread cult:

I have my own cult! Praise be to the bread god, and bugger off with your fancy pancy new fangled cultymajig. All these damn new fangled cults...
To join thy cult, thou shalt eat one loaf of bread with no topping. Then thou shalt recite the following:

Bread god lead me from darkness,
Towards the light,
Water in the chalice,
Fire in the oven,
Bread of the bread god.

One day before the beaten path I walked
A field I saw all wreathed in gold;
Here grew the barley and the maize
In patches glory-filled and old.

Then of a sudden quick beheld
A sight I never thought to see;
Three youths walked in that field
To trample all within that sea.

Oh loathsome youth today!
They worship not the olden way.
The bread will rise, the crop rejoice;
All earth will strive to strike those boys.

But I, of age and wisdom great,
Restrained myself and walked my way;
I know the bread god all will sate
Yet they who trespass, will betray.

I went WTF today, when I realised that I had created a full sermon for a chirch of bread.
Help me.

At yeast you tried.

I demand that you toast this sermon at once.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:03:52 am by Imic »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
Another's Sigtext
« Reply #677 on: December 28, 2016, 03:28:50 pm »

I'll take some space, why not?

Rabbits?
Kisat Dur
Body Snatchers
.dll
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:07:01 pm by ☼Another☼ »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 29, 2016, 01:16:49 am »

Reserved.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 08, 2017, 10:40:22 am »

My humble Sigtext.
((I don't really expect Ted to live long enough to realize his dreams of understanding the physical manifestations of the soul, the cores of light, truth, and desire, and getting names right the first time. ))
Fuck with everyone.
Please don't, oh great and powerful Random Number God.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:19:59 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 03, 2017, 11:13:21 am »

My Sigtex:

The reasons I stopped playing Bastiongate:
 - I posted the ending already.

Ah, old Doomforests. I loved that place, even when it became an esoteric clusterfuck of warring cults and overseers sabotaging eachother.
Especially then, actually.

Pffft. Trust the immortals to band together.

Drokles' Last Words:

That's one hell of a courtyard we have now ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:17:56 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
SigText
After 400 years the bucket disintegrated from wear.
Never in the history of Dwarf Fortress has anyone else ever had this problem.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 03, 2017, 11:46:09 am »

Damn, that's like being sigged twice. I made that courtyard. It's my personal symbol.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur GM, Aspiring Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 24, 2017, 12:22:10 am »

Sig is already overflowing.

We're the ultimate buddy-"cop" duo. He's the one "finds" evildoers, and I'm the one to "apprehend" the "criminals".

Pocket the clay phone thing. Attempt opening communication channel with everyone.
Nobody replies. How sad. Here you had a friend in the making and you just go steal his soul. Now nobody wants to talk to you and you're all alone.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 06, 2017, 02:34:10 pm »

Today my dwarves elected a mayor that "has a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships" and "quite poor focus".

Good use of democracy, Urist McFuckwits.
I want you to imagine someone seeing a bird, saying "oh s**t a vulture" and climbing a three story building.
I suppose that's where the limits of the simulation finally come up: Dwarf Fortress will track the weight of an unborn fetus, but not the weight of the clothes he's wearing.
Great. The prince is only a year old and he's already an egomaniac.[/spoiler]
holy shit maybe we don't do exposÚ on the hungry dead what the fuuuuuck territory.
I was thinking more like a raven crawls out of your skull leaving most of a human corpse behind.
Well played you glorious scumbag.
Every once in a while the game makes somebody with insanely high stats for no apparent reason other than "why not." This sounds like one of those cases.
Then they'll jump into magma for no fucking reason at all.  Fuck you, dwarves.
They choked on their own vomit due to drinking too much, most likely. I have had that happen, but I saved that dwarf through cheating: using the dfhack command clean all removed the vomit from her lungs and she could breathe again. And went right back to drinking.
Life is just a long series of broken dreams and abandoned forum games.
Do not try to clear your sinuses with fresh jalapenos, it just lights your mouth on fire and then you have a cold and are also on fire.
No, Sheb, I refuse to be sigged yet again.  I think there's three people running around with me in their sigs, I don't think I could take the stress of a fourth.  My skin crawls just imagining it...
I love kidnapping puppies.
I've spent all day trying to free up space on my computer, no matter how much I deleted it never seemed to help. Then switched to my second desktop and realized my audio editing software was open and I'd been recording for 60 hours.
fuck periods, all ideas can be grouped into the ultimate sentence.
Meshes even better with everyone getting themselves horribly murdered all the time. Free orphans for everyone!
How do these ''politicians'' behave in game
They kinda act like a less effective but more interesting and evil form of humans.
Realism?
I so badly want to sig this, but I would be quoting myself and that feels pompous.
I think Scourge just created the artifact that will one day inspire the Internet.
-snip- I would also like to report that I "accidentally" made the fire breathing snakes have arms also made out of fire, as well as having those arms come out of their eyes. Whoops. It doesn't really work, so I'm going to try to fix it. -snip-
DAMN IT! I have been spending years and years tripying to be sigged! Every single metric ounce of my fibre is dedicated to nothing but one day making my way into someone's sig! THEN WHY DOES SOMEONE NAMED BLARG POURING SMALL POTATOES ON PEOPLE GET INTO A SIG!!!!!!!! FUCK POTATOES!!!!!!!!
Blarg creates a big stinky pile of shit on E2.
Snag stares blankly for a while and then declares that Mexico.
Pathos knows the gate.
Pathos is the gate.
Pathos is the key and guardian of the gate.
Past, present, future, all are one in Pathos.
He knows where the Spambots broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
Because really, who wants to live in a universal plane of reality without good old BoatMurdered?
Now a siege has came, but there are so many corpses in my fort that the retreating goblins are haggard, one is throwing a tantrum and the other one has slipped into depression.
...because they know what players can do with bridges when displeased.
When has killing people randomly ever been a bad thing?
It's called "the average woman chasing after the stereotypical man."  You don't become a breadwinner by virtue of having a lot of time.  I would posit that chasing after the perpetually unavailable is, for many people, just the way things is.
See Wile. E. Coyote.
This is why most of my dates tend to involve rocket-packs or large boulders being dropped off cliffs.
Note to self: get Acme Luck if ever on date.
Don't listen to him guys, women can smell your fear and their nails are razor sharp.
Because feelings are generally stupid and irrational. Your brain is like get over it, but your heart brain is like NEVER, and the rest of you just wants those two to get their shit together.

Scumbag brain.

We could just clone toady and in force his soul into the new body via some ancient dark ritual.

We could even use the pyramid for its intended purpose violating the most fundamental laws of nature and man
I imagine df and dfhack would merge into a huge monster that would be fueled by babies and pupies and souls of the damned. Though bugfixes would be guaranteed.
Well it was on page 7 or something.  It's not like I pay attention to dates?  What's an August?  It's Malachite of 112 here.  You're weird.
Wearing sports jerseys = Cosplay
magical ghosts actually have a normal part in the ecosystem that we've created
Do you WANT a tantrum spiral where the worst offenders are ungodly monstrosities who wear steel not to protect themselves, but to hide their scarred and desecrated body from civilians?
Yes. It'd be beautiful.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.
While interesting I assume, it doesn't -really- contribute to the work of destroying young children's minds and bodies to reforge the scraps into hardened horrors.
Man. I can't remember if I've ever been sigged before. So close!
I hope the lawnmower uprising more than makes up for it.
My taste for the blood of children has gone unsated
Still feeding children to badgers is what science is all about so it bears testing.
if you put 10 kittens into a room with a FB 9 will die and the other one will become a legendary fighter and kill it.
You are objectively the worst person in the history of forever.

I love you, have my babies and train them to be implacable killing machines via this method.
"Well, Mr. Urist, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that your spine had only mild bruising. The bad news is that our intern took your legs off anyway."
Oh yes, I remember the tales of Mormund the Vicious: The greatest warrior who fought with twenty-five arrows and a ballista bolt hanging out of him.
PETA are modern-day elves. Fuck them.
Urist McUnfriendlyDoctor the Butcher of Patients: 17 notable kills
Urist: Hi doc, just here for my checkup.  If all is good I'll go back to work.
Urist:Ok Urist, lemme just take a quick look see here...  CANCER!  You have cancer!
Urist: I have what?  How can that be? I feel fine!
Urist: Nurse Urist, please remove this dwarf's heart to prevent his blood cancer from spreading.  Next patient!
I think I would be caught up on a cabinet of raven teeth. Loads of sharp edges, I expect.
We're terrible people.
What is a good thing.
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]
The syndrome code above will make the afflicted victim feel no pain, permanently.
Tested this in arena mode, the UberDorf was able to keep fighting, even with lots of broken bones.

The syndrome code below will permanently disable eyes, making for excellent siege operators:
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]

This last syndrome kills anything that bleeds within a few steps:
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]
Holy necropost batman
I just want to know if demons are butcher-able, and edible.
Urist McGeneral: Fear not the goblin hordes in that dark tower! For tonight, WE DINE ON PLUMP HELMETS IN HELL!
Urist McSpeardwarf: I've actually done that.
Urist McGeneral: Come again?
Urist McGeneral: I've eaten a roast made of plump helmets grown in Hell.
Urist McGeneral: Who, here, in the what now?
Urist McSpeardwarf: My cousin owns a little restaurant the next fort over that's actually in Hell. The back wall is slade and everything. A demon even came in while I was eating and started roaring at us. Some minor named Urist stared at it for a second, set his biscuit down, and jammed his pick into its brain.
Urist McSwordsman: You're putting us on.
Urist McSpeardwarf: Heck, I've got its skull right here in my backpack. Check this out.
Urist McGeneral: SWEET MERCIFUL ARMOK!
Urist McSpearfwarf: RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.
hell-cannon that shoots demons
I just had an evilgasm.
My brain just burst... THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! You are Armok incarnate!
To the OP:

You... you just... you beat the game. You, sir, have beaten the game at a level no one has done before. How does it feel?
BREAKING NEWS - Physicist Stephen Hawking declared that the flow of time in the vicinity of Earth may be slowed by the recent demographic explosion of cats. More information later.
MasterLagoz Lizard Moveset Guide
I think lizard players are just going through the signature move list to find a mythical game breaker move. It might not even be there, but gosh darn it, they are going find it.
Skymin Slash Stream BabyPyroshark
as long as the curiosity rover doesnt join your match you should all be fine
17:542: CONTROLS ARWE A CONSPIRACTY
17:47: Trip to bathroom interesting expertience.  I have spider in my bathroom, will name Mr. Samasa.  Nased black widow that once.  Can't stay straight oh god so much vodka.

DreaDreamer RTgames having a chill build day stream
If you see something, say something. Don't tolerate upheaval of the regime in your friendly neighborhood diner!)

LindyBeige Tanks of the future
If, in the future, we still live in a world which has things like mass and, momentum in it a-and I-I think that's likely to be the case

Call me Kevin Sims 4 but the grim reaper moved in next door agardner99
Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jim the Pickens? It's not one the living would tell you. He brought Death upon others to prolong his own existence, but eventually fell for Him himself. Ironic.

You're all terrible, awful, terrible, terrible hilarious people.   And we're building up the east wall.

Alright, enough's enough.  As for the wall, I lost a mason.  He went berserk when he didn't get the stuff he wanted for a mood, so one of the Earthen Quills got to use him for target practice.  By target practice, I mean he beat his head in with his crossbow.

Those demon spawn traps of Oaktree's have actually worked better than expected so far - I've only had a single demon attack since i set a few up.  They generally either spawn well away from the current building site, or inside one of the traps.

Congratulations Oaktree, you broke the random demon spawns of hell.

SLAVE LABOR!
SCORE~

Damn dorf fortress, you scary.

Damn uppity slave labour, I swear...

THE WORLD SHALL KNOW THE POWER OF MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can anyone else feel Toady's burning glare hating Aussie and furiously fixing the Clown's pathing and behavior so players need to come up with more elaborate and fantastic methods of screwing them?

Hell has been properly, pwned, tea-bagged and trolled.

ooOOOooOOOOooOOOOO!

I just plump helmeted my pantaloons.

I like to think of it as dealing with the devil and winning the deed to his property.

‼LEATHER‼

There's no troll like a trollollo trolollllololollllllol

HAPPY FOR THE HAPPY GOD!
JOY FOR THE JOY THRONE
And so they lived happily ever after, and nothing voilent happened.

LOL, banana wins.

BANNANA ALWAYS WINS

shinies precious i need shinies to make my best creation ever all will adore it and love me but i need shinies right now SHINIES!!!!!!!!!!

No no no, you're getting that confused with family game night.
Life's a party
And now death is as well!

HEY GUYS!! LOOK AT THIS DOOR!! THIS F***IN DOOR MAN!!! OH MY ARMOK JUST LOOK AT IT!! I COULD STARE AT IT ALL DAY!

Has Doren ever had a strange mood? If not, she's doomed, DOOMED I SAY! We're all DOOMED! DOOMED to a life with no leather! Woe! Woe!

Someone didn't eat their Cheery-o's this morning.
Forest Gremlin - A thieving little shit found in both temperate and tropical forests, as well as wetlands.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Mah Sigs
« Reply #684 on: August 02, 2017, 04:58:44 pm »

Equipped shields can withstand dragonfire, because Dwarven courage burns even hotter.
Congrats, Derpy Dev. You are the only man who can't intentionally find his way to Hell.
My Home is not a Hospice, you sick Hobbos
It's not like they put a "Made in China" sticker on Robert E. Lee's ass.
Great, now the image of singing Queen Derpy Dev and dancing fireflies around can't get out of my mind.
oh fuck there's a giant fire breathing T-Rex that just decided to show up. If you need me I'll be in a fetal position under my desk.
There's not enough weed in the world for this kind of crap.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:34:33 pm by Derpy Dev »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:22 pm »

From my sigtext:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »

Can I reserve a spot here for when my signature Grows any larger?

Can I reserve a spot here for when my signature Grows any larger?

Quote from: RedMageCole
Having dwarven pride is a lot like American pride. You shout how proud you are to be one, until you realize that the vast majority of them are complete and utter dumbasses.

Quote from: MetalSlimeHunt
There's no absolute demarcation between a slave who is legally property and a slave who is legally free but cannot control their own destiny. Nonetheless, both are forms of slavery.

First thing I thought when I read "aircraft carrier" and "provide aid" was "explosive euthanasia" and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Donald Trump supports free speech except burning the flag should be a felony and people shouldn't be allowed to question the authority of the President and libel laws should apply to criticism of public figures and neo-nazis should be allowed to march around assaulting minorities and hecklers at rallies should be lynched by the mob and people who oppose the President should be publicly targeted by him for his followers and news organizations shouldn't be allowed to speak ill of the government and people who run against him in elections should be jailed and

You know, free speech*!

It's a bad sign when the good news is that no world power has threatened to nuke each other for the last few days, so we're getting a break.
Bearskie is an elf.  Elves like trees.  Trees are like plants.  Plants are mashed to paper.  Paper is a document.  Documents are in PDF.  PDF are used in archives.  Archives are great halls.  This is Hall of Legends.  My vote is to the elf.  The elf is Bearskie!
I can see it now. Once workshops come out to the raws, I'll make the Dwarven Abortion Clinic, which requires a metal coat hanger and a bucket to construct.

Just Q on over and... (a)bort that Champion's pregnancy! It's for the good of the fortress, after all.

[ETHIC_ABORT_FETUS][JUSTIFIED_IF_DELICIOUS]

Hmmm, was this too far beyond PC for these forums? You're all hypocrites if you say so. ;)
Eating sapients is currently bugged. Might be fixed in the next release.

Eating sapients may be bugged... but is building castles with them?
Being awarded three hungry zombies because a necrocrat knocked you over while in a hurry might not seem like a good thing, but that's the kind of legal system I see showing up someday in DF. Internally consistent, but with occasionally very strange or unpleasant outcomes for any and all parties involved.
Honestly I think this discussion has been surprisingly civil thus far (I actually expected it to go downhill much faster than it did). It's been somewhat heated, true, but only a few posts resorted to using actual insults (and fairly mild ones, at that). Not defending it, just saying I've seen FAR worse.
Just the sort of mealy-mouthed liberal garbage a Plump Helmet Man would spit out!
Muahahahaha! I get a mention in the diary. Crushed a perfectly good apple. I'll crush more than apples next time you fuck up around my dad, twerp. I'll bake you a cake, stick it in front of you, and when you think you're going to get your face pushed in it, I'm just going to pick it up and drop it upside down on the floor.

Quote from: Dunamisdeos
Quote from: :Gatleos

Okay bear with me on this one.

A real-time strategy / puzzle game where you have a horde of peons to do your bidding, but none of them are working of their own free will. You start with a set of resources that you can use as leverage (e.g. access to the only food supply, a monopoly on violence, the means of minting currency, or hostages of some kind) and you need to set up insane webs of convoluted incentive structures to get them to act in the way you want. The trick is to set up a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario, where it is in the best interest of your peons to continue doing what you want them to do, rather than cooperating to topple your control.
This game is called "parenting". I recommend against a horde, it's way easier to micromanage individual units.

which means the goblin would be pair off with some Demonic hellspawn daughter.
that would range from animal that twisted into a shape of man to flying eye ball and every thing between.
That is pretty close to what goblins actually do. (They have a tendency to have demon leaders.)
this could explain why we have Night creatures.
Too many goblin demon love children in their forts, that they just gave them all a shovel and kick them out.
I figure that horse counties represent low-key democracies where the population runs things themselves and the bureaucracy just props up the horse as a way to be technically feudal.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:49:10 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 08, 2017, 01:36:25 pm »

By posting, that's essentially what you've done.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 15, 2017, 12:19:41 pm »

Spoiler: Autumn sig cleaning! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:35:35 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 03, 2017, 03:23:30 am »

I have had some success tying investigators up by creating an absolute fuckton of mystique cards from painting. They'll sometimes spend so long chewing on mystique that their evidence and my notoriety will expire.
"HEY INVESTIGATOR! YOU DON'T WANNA COMPILE EVIDENCE ON THOSE CORPSES! YOU WANNA LOOK AT MY PAINTINGS!
PAIIIIIINTIIIIINGS! PRETTY! LOOK!"
Was something that always bothered me, you've got a bonus to recalling dead gods, but those gods were either immortal to begin with or came back with nothing more than a few spare parts and an Ikea instruction pamphlet.
My dwarf went to "attend a meeting" with expedition leader TAD. In Horrofailed, meeting the expedition leader means hitting them. Multiple times.
And then a Elf Axeman vampire and a Elf Axelord vampire and Cave Fish Blowgunner vampire and an Olm Man Blowgunner vampire all hollered "I must withdraw!"
OBI-WAN's ship arriving on the table. Nose plugs are inserted and the collective wisdom of the Starfighter rips through a mass of wires
DARTH VADER: I couldn't possibly be as bad as all that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:53:44 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
Again, we were meant to scout out the place, bribe the right people, get intel, sneak in, sneak out. We are currently somewhere beneath the crater, fumbling for gasmasks
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48