Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021581 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14685 on: November 24, 2017, 05:51:40 pm »

just discovered any item you named before gets labeled as an artifact and join the list of items the fort citizens can search and raid for, also rip giving folks cups of weird junk to drink the game seems to completely remove the container from the trade list if you do that. you can gift someone an empty cup but you can't gift them a full one.
so far my adventures been doing fort raids for adv only items and setting up my adventurers to hang around the fort in case of sieges.

Hopefully Toady will figure out how to fix that soon.

Meanwhile, as i have met a few night creatures wrestlers, i decided to give a try to Kisat Dur them.
(interestingly for this night creatures the companions were active, so no idea then what trigger them into doing what they should and what makes them passive, as it was the 2nd night creature wrestler i fought with them so why did they react differently ? worst bugs to fix are random bugs)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like Urist McMachoMan can still go :D

if I remember correctly from the past update on why folks target night trolls, it's due to the game hardcodedly treat them as a dangerous beast and this will override any yield/ passive actions they had did or done in the past. The night troll will treat everyone else as a dangerous beast so the game update adding an hide identity option means old creature types reasoning to attack got dropped or now turn into a "ask if not neutral or an enemy of the civ, combine that with folks hiding something and being agents, and you got companions ai trying not to blow their cover and avoiding any unnecessary conflict.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: November 24, 2017, 08:42:13 pm »

The idea of a world filled with only undercover secret agents that are spending their time not trying to blow their cover instead of doing any action is rather funny.

Though i don't think all of this is linked to only the new secret identity feature, as this problem was also noticable since df2014 made its original release, factions messing up or actual enemy/ally appartenance not recognized correctly may also be factors.
I remember reporting similar bugs years ago during the 40.x era with either companions not doing anything , or enemies not reacting.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8239

And what i have observed so far in 42.01/.02 reminds me a lot of what was going on in 40.x and while 42.x or 43.x (not sure which version did) slightly improved it still had occurance of this happening.
So i don't think the secret identity or "unknown creature" new problems are the only factors there.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:45:55 pm by Robsoie »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: November 25, 2017, 02:15:34 am »

One of the kobold civs only owns a tomb. Weird. Starting there. Failed: Adventurer stuck in mummy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:18:15 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #14688 on: November 25, 2017, 04:43:21 am »

[insert partial birth joke]
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14689 on: November 25, 2017, 07:00:57 am »

My master wrestler/striker/kicker had the shit kicked out of him, by a donkey. Wanted to practice some more wrestling and get myself to legendary, knocked out the donkey in a hit or two, grappled it again and again, then it suddenly woke up, and landed a kick in my lower body. I proceeded to pass out and get oneshotted by a kick to the face.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14690 on: November 25, 2017, 09:45:43 am »

We were ambushed by a lot of bandits and

They all ran away immediately.

i wish there was a facepalm action for your character ingame ...

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14691 on: November 25, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

We were ambushed by a lot of bandits and

They all ran away immediately.

i wish there was a facepalm action for your character ingame ...

it was a demigod or very experienced character? A vampire kicked the ass of a peasant I created and then when I created a demigod one he ran away so fast I couldn't get him.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: November 25, 2017, 11:15:46 am »

Spend most of my day playing a goblin who ran around in the tunnels only to find another dwarf fort that has a library,
and now diving through countless books to find the one that teaches her autobiography.
so far dwarven libraries are cram with librarians piled on top of each other reading books.
hope some day the adventurer can make a graphic novel in this game.

edit: finally made an autobiography and it's based on the time my goblin character pick up a book read it and drop it down. and classified it as thief which lead to me checking the history in the quest log and see 1 page full of artifact dropped/picked up.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:29:09 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14693 on: November 25, 2017, 11:48:09 am »

it was a demigod or very experienced character? A vampire kicked the ass of a peasant I created and then when I created a demigod one he ran away so fast I couldn't get him.

it was a demigod, but a relatively new one in that adventure (so stats weren't through the roof) and not much in term of equipment so when outnumbered that character wasn't unbeatable.
Though i didn't checked the companions , maybe one was heavily armored or very experienced and was the source of those numerous bandit fear ?

I'll have to try with hero to see if the reactions are more appropriate to situation, and if that's not enough i'll go to peasant, i remember i had a lot of fun a couple of years ago with a peasant start, it was near impossible to get companions unfortunately.

edit : quickly tried with a hero instead of demigod , took a couple of companions and walked to a gob ambush near one of their sites.
They all ran away.

Oh well ... i guess there's only peasant now to get some "normal" reactions, or wait for when Toady will rework those emotions systems
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:24:28 pm by Robsoie »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: November 25, 2017, 04:28:47 pm »

So far I... waited for news that the linux version was out, same as the last few days.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14695 on: November 25, 2017, 05:50:39 pm »

Hmm wonder if a demigod with all the stats in bardmanship would lead to the same panic fear tactics?
Ehh probably best to accept the life of a monster slayer and raid the caverns as no mortal being with a brain would dare attack you(ambush maybe but attack not so much).

also god dang I think my adventurer rack up enough book thievery that she be spat at.
so many folks talking about a book being pick up and placed down at the main site.

speaking of I ended up finding "new"(I don't know if they existed prior) types of books to write like:

dictionary, comparative biography, cultural history, cultural comparison are the few I notice that are new to the list of book types.
I would try to learn more but kinda was rushing to find the right book that taught autobiography.
the dictionary one was written for the elven language and now wonder if toady added a way to learn a second language.
god imagine if there was a dictionary for kobold and thats the only way you can learn how to talk to them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:57:14 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14696 on: November 25, 2017, 06:50:45 pm »

Has anyone tried to claim a site yet in this version?
I became ruler immediately, and I got the message about 10 times per claim, so it seems somewhat buggy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:52:36 pm by ☼Another☼ »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14697 on: November 25, 2017, 07:42:53 pm »

god imagine if there was a dictionary for kobold and thats the only way you can learn how to talk to them.

YES!!! Someone make this a suggestion immediately.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14698 on: November 25, 2017, 08:12:54 pm »

YES!!! Someone make this a suggestion immediately.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ehh I haven't tried taking over any sites yet due to knowing you lose your previous civ id when you do and that process often ends up with killing any chances of moving into a player's fort.

so far the new book writing seem to add to the books and not say " it has no plot or reasoning what so ever." like the last update so there's that.

Notice that if folks are too scattered apart you could perform a dance to see if they join in. if your a murderer type of player this could be used to draw cowardly folks in. so I guess someone could get into a duet then proceed to wrestle their dance partner and shank them in the side.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: November 25, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »

Has anyone tried to claim a site yet in this version?
I became ruler immediately, and I got the message about 10 times per claim, so it seems somewhat buggy.
That's a bug leftover from the last version.
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1104