Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1491850 times)

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #7050 on: November 14, 2017, 02:30:49 am »

Dear Armok,

Across the last five universes unto which you have sent me to Oversee the work of our divine children, I have watched countless dwarven civilians kill mighty beasts they could not have been expected to beat, all using the same method. Tell me, Lord of All Creations Across The Multiverse, is it this way everywhere? Is there some genetic predilection in dwarves to grab their opponents by the tongue and then punch them to death?

I mean, if it happened only once in a while, that would be cool. But pretty much every combat I wasn't expecting to have has ended this way since DF2014 was first released.

Sincerely yours,
Your Overseer of the Catsacks

fosstar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: November 21, 2017, 01:13:03 pm »

Dear UrstMcDabblingSwordsdwarf,

If you could not try and take on 20 goblins yourself that would be awesome.

Sincerely,
A angry overseer.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: November 22, 2017, 07:58:08 am »

Dear Angry Overseer:
Goblins are a vile plague on our world that must be eradicated as soon as dwarvenly possible. Waiting for backup gives them time to settle in. However, if I didn't know they were, say, around the corner, I'd be happy to wait for the rest of my squad to catch up before sounding the charge.
-Yrs, Urist McDabbling

--
Dear Bonecarvers of Paperweights:
We have NO SHELLS. We have not had a single shell the entire 8 years our fort has existed. Unless you happen to have some stowed up your rear ends for emergencies, please try to avoid designing glorious masterpieces that require shells. The workshops are starting to smell really bad from locking dwarves in, and it's hurting the crafters' work ethic.
-Management

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: November 24, 2017, 08:18:37 pm »

Dear jeweler and stoneworker of Atticequal,

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING. DO YOUR JOBS. You're not even stuck on anything, you're just standing there. There are plenty of jobs to be done, DO THEM. We have a visitor, damn it. Make a good impression.

Sincerely,
The Overseer

EDIT: Why aren't you eating food. Use your brains, damn it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:21:26 pm by VolcanoQueen »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: November 24, 2017, 09:36:04 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING. DO YOUR JOBS. You're not even stuck on anything, you're just standing there. There are plenty of jobs to be done, DO THEM. We have a visitor, damn it. Make a good impression.

Sincerely,
The Overseer

Maybe you should be happy these two aren't eating or drinking, do you want them spreading those genes?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: November 24, 2017, 09:38:31 pm »

Sincerely,
The Overseer

...Sounds like they're stuck somewhere. You should check if they have a path to the rest of the fortress.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: November 24, 2017, 10:42:17 pm »

...Sounds like they're stuck somewhere. You should check if they have a path to the rest of the fortress.

They eventually got themselves unstuck. How they got themselves stuck in the first place, however, is a mystery.

Maybe you should be happy these two aren't eating or drinking, do you want them spreading those genes?

Good point. If it happens again, I should probably just let them die of thirst.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: November 25, 2017, 01:41:19 pm »

Dear Elven Spies,

We know that you are spies when you show up before we've even struck earth, claiming to be 'poets' and 'bards' while you're carrying shitty wood weapons.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7058 on: November 25, 2017, 02:38:23 pm »

Dear ☼Another☼,

Do you really want us to travel without protection? And we'll have you know that our finest swordselves have killed many dwarves with "shitty wood weapons."

The supposed elven spies
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: November 25, 2017, 02:47:37 pm »

Dear supposed elf spies,

You think we're going to take the chance? As soon as we dig out our actual quarters deep underground I'm locking you in the quick-and-dirty tavern we made when we got here. Then we will move out your starved, rotting corpses and use the room for farming. Or maybe a wood stockpile.

Regards,
The Visitor-Laden Overseer

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: November 25, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »

Dear Goden Etolrigoth,

Get out of that tree, stop hoarding food, and get back to work, you traitor. I saw your pile of stolen food. You are perfectly capable of getting down from there, stop hiding from your job. This will not be tolerated again. Do you want the damn tavern finished or not?

Sincerely, the Overseer

EDIT: Damn it, you got the jeweler and fisherman involved too! I'm not helping you three out of those trees. Are you happy with your decision?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:27:30 pm by VolcanoQueen »

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: November 27, 2017, 08:50:17 pm »

Dear citizens of Worksquares:

I realize that the tavern is a very exciting place to be socializing these days since the two dozen visitors showed up at Worksquares (population: 12). However, there is important work to be done down in the aquifer layer. I assure you, the terrain is perfectly safe, and will continue to be so until our pump operators inevitably die of thirst due to somebody not getting around to walling off the aquifer in a timely manner.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, please tell Urist McCarpenter we need more coffins for the drowned miners.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Hengikjoptr

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves... Dwarves everywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: December 02, 2017, 05:14:43 pm »

Dear Elven neighbors of our prosperous fortress,

I could never imagine that I'll ever say that but I appreciate your method of making debates with goblins.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you be so kind to send us more books and more dancers?

Sincerely,
Hengikjoptr of Mountainvessels.

On a (presumably) unrelated note...

Dear Dwarven people of Mountainvessels,

While it is strongly recommended to engage in discussions of elves with elves and especially with elven dancers, please consider donning any metal helmet before doing so: they do have really strong arguments at hand. Our goblin neighbours tasted it already, traces of it are smeared all over the Tavern entrance.

Sincerely,
your caring overseer.
Will play for food.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7063 on: December 02, 2017, 05:17:23 pm »

Dear Urist McLegendaryBlacksmith,

Please stop forging masterwork statues of Dwarves going insane and screaming. I want to decorate the road to the fort with golden statues of Dwarven valour and brilliance, and I'm not sure row after row of gibbering mad Dwarves quite fits the aesthetic I'm going for. It's best not to give the potential traders and migrants a warning of what is in store for them.

Thanks a bunch,
Your glorious leader
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:19:14 pm by MorleyDev »

Hengikjoptr

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves... Dwarves everywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: December 04, 2017, 12:35:38 pm »

Would you be so kind to send us more books and more dancers?

Sincerely,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stop it, please!
(besides, why so few dancers - and so few girls?! Well, thanks Armok it's not a yet-another-soapmakers-guild immigrating...)

Sincerely,
Will play for food.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 504