Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7474 7475 [7476] 7477 7478 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13205121 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112125 on: October 28, 2016, 07:38:51 pm »

that gif is ancient

i wanna say it's from a silly touhou music video, but i don't really remember...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112126 on: October 28, 2016, 07:39:59 pm »

It was definitely on youtube, if nothing else. I'm like 60% certain GC or owlga or someone actually posted a link to the originating video at some point.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112128 on: October 28, 2016, 07:46:59 pm »

Seems like it's not.

Also I'm not sure if I regret the last three minutes. Probably would have been better with the sound on, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #112129 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:28 pm »

that gif is ancient

i wanna say it's from a silly touhou music video, but i don't really remember...

It is

I used to have another stupidly long gif as an avatar, that had orin and friends doing spook stuff and the thriller dance for a bit but I've lost that one like 2 laptops ago.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112130 on: October 28, 2016, 07:58:41 pm »

It sure is nice to travel through neighborhoods where kids are wandering around throwing rocks at cars for their nightly fun. At least nobody got shot today, probably.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #112131 on: October 28, 2016, 08:07:11 pm »

The assistant principal did an assembly thing at our school, detailing the following four things:

1. No backpacks in classes, because there is like one person in a wheelchair at this school how could you be so uncaring?! Yeah, no, I have one minute to get from Astrobiophysics to my dad's car if I want to make it to Speechfund on time. "You can take the half minute to walk to your locker," my ass. My classes are all directly across the school from each other, and I often stay after class to ask more questions. What a rulebreaker I am :P especially since it doesn't even matter, no disabled people are in any of my classes
2. No hats, because gangsters wear hats, and if I let you guys wear hats, I'd need to let gangsters wear their gang hats. That was his actual point. What the hell, dude.
3. You can't have the Confederate flag, because it's offensive. So is this rainbow flag, dood. That argument isn't good enough.
4. No costumes. I don't mind this one.

He sounds like a fricking Dalek when he talks. It's hilarious. I can hardly believe this guy.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112132 on: October 28, 2016, 08:20:08 pm »

I remember in middle school there was one particular shade of blue we werent supposed to wear because it was the color designation for some local gangsters.

And we couldn't wear hats, of course, because "its rude to wear hats indoors."
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112133 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:25 pm »

Well, it is. Manners, manners. All respect for the teachers that enforce it, at least the children will learn something useful if the rest of the education doesn't quite work.

That said, that respect takes a nasty knock when they make up other reasons for it (valiant struggle against hideously ugly gangsta fashion trends, hats obscuring people's vision, hats being gang related, hats being expensive and getting stolen, et cetera). "It's good manners, so suck it up, your highnesses!" would do.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:27:16 pm by Silverthrone »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112134 on: October 28, 2016, 08:28:33 pm »

That's maybe one step above "because I told you so, that's why."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112135 on: October 28, 2016, 08:32:14 pm »

That's maybe one step above "because I told you so, that's why."

Precisely. It depends on where it is and what sort of kids are involved, but it's just going to do them good, build character. Sometimes, kids, you've just gotta do as you're told.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112136 on: October 28, 2016, 08:37:14 pm »

I don't get the backpack thing. All the people in wheelchairs at my high school had backpacks. You can put one on the back of a wheelchair, and I never heard or saw of any of them having difficulty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #112137 on: October 28, 2016, 08:39:37 pm »

I remember reading something about how the school system prepares you for a life of obedience to nonsensical orders from above, and then a convincing argument regarding freedom that somehow ended "therefore everybody should be homeschooled." Like Rand, they sound good for the first 90% and then do something very weird at the end.

Oh, yeah, it was an anarchist blog.

MSH, it's about backpacks being strewn about the spaces between desks, keeping people without my awesome nimbleness from getting past. Except that I always keep mind under my desk as a footrest, so that wouldn't matter even if there were a disabled person in a class of mine.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112138 on: October 28, 2016, 08:40:22 pm »

I don't get the backpack thing. All the people in wheelchairs at my high school had backpacks. You can put one on the back of a wheelchair, and I never heard or saw of any of them having difficulty.
Because you might end up having blocked the aisle with a backpack or something?

(also stupid)
(people can move backpacks)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112139 on: October 28, 2016, 08:40:50 pm »

Is there no space under the desk, where a sensible person would put a backpack?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7474 7475 [7476] 7477 7478 ... 10984